Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ween's The Mollusk 20 years old this year.

Options
  • 12-07-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I just came across an interesting read from Dean Ween (real name Mickey Melchiondo) on the history of The Mollusk.

I only got into Ween the last year thanks to a post on boards, considering the album is now 20 years old I figured it was worth posting this here.

http://www.stereogum.com/1951136/weens-the-mollusk-turns-20-an-oral-history-by-mickey-melchiondo/franchises/the-anniversary/

Like I said above, I got into Ween after seeing a post here on boards and since checking them out I've become obsessed with them, however they're one of those bands that I've not been able to get others into, imo they're one of those bands that you either get it or you don't, or need to realize their talent in your own time if you get me.

Anyways, good read and hoping others enjoy it but also, be sure to listen to the album (even if you'd hear it before) and would be great to get a discussion on it / ween going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Thanks for that, its a great read.
    Just have The Mollusk playing now, such a great album, as Deaner says, its prog, nautical and a kids record.

I have been mad for ween since I saw I cant put my finger on it on Beavis and Butthead years ago.
    Chocolate and Cheese has kept its place in my all time Top10 for a long time.

As you say they are a funny band in the sense others don't take to upon recommendation, I know very few people that like them although both their gigs here were well attended.

I would love to see them live again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Would love to see them live. One of my all time favourites.

Advertisement