Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank statment charges

Options
  • 12-07-2017 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I recently ordered some bank statements online as I am hoping to apply for planning permission soon and was advised to order some statements going back a few years as proof of address, they arrived a few days later no problem then I releised they charged my account 291 euro with out notice or permission, I knew there would be some charge but I never would have ordered them if I thought it would be this much. I can not affored to have nearly 300 euro taken out of my account without any notice, this has left me and my family under serious pressure. I am a bank of Ireland customer since 2003 I have a current, savings, loan and credit card account with you I also have my car insurance and was hoping to get a morgagge through you as well. This is definitely not acceptable as all I required was a few pages. If there is anything you can do will you please contact me. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

pabloroo86 wrote: »
    Hi I recently ordered some bank statements online as I am hoping to apply for planning permission soon and was advised to order some statements going back a few years as proof of address, they arrived a few days later no problem then I releised they charged my account 291 euro with out notice or permission, I knew there would be some charge but I never would have ordered them if I thought it would be this much. I can not affored to have nearly 300 euro taken out of my account without any notice, this has left me and my family under serious pressure. I am a bank of Ireland customer since 2003 I have a current, savings, loan and credit card account with you I also have my car insurance and was hoping to get a morgagge through you as well. This is definitely not acceptable as all I required was a few pages. If there is anything you can do will you please contact me. Thank you
    Hi pabloroo86,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We're very sorry to hear this. When you request a Duplicate statement, please be advised that there is a charge for this which is €3.80 for this first page and then €2.50 for pages after this. These fees are included in our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure.

There is a disclaimer displayed on 365Online when you order these statements to advise there may be a charge applied, however if you would like to raise a formal complaint regarding this charge on your account, please see our Customer Complaints here and our Complaints team will have this looked into.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pabloroo86

Hi thanks for replying i have already contacted the complaints department and they said its my problem, i obviously didn't relies the cost at the time or i wouldn't have requested them, as i am a customer could someone at bank of Ireland not have contacted me when they seen this as its a lot of money. Do you think its fair that i get charged 300 euro for a couple of printed pages when i already contribute a lot to the bank through all my accounts i would appreciate some help with this as it is no way to treat a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

pabloroo86 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for replying i have already contacted the complaints department and they said its my problem, i obviously didn't relies the cost at the time or i wouldn't have requested them, as i am a customer could someone at bank of Ireland not have contacted me when they seen this as its a lot of money. Do you think its fair that i get charged 300 euro for a couple of printed pages when i already contribute a lot to the bank through all my accounts i would appreciate some help with this as it is no way to treat a customer.
    Hi pabloroo86,

Thanks for your reply.

We're sorry that our Complaints team were unable to help you further with this. We have also looked into this ourselves and regrettably if agreed to the related charges by ticking on the box on the Statement order screen we would be unable to refund you these charges.

If we can help you with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement