Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

What I'm on at the mo

Foster Elliot

Alonso Ake Yoshida Lowton Rosenior

Pogba Fabregas Sane Walters Tadic

Lukaku Jesus Firmino

I've an itch on Alonso Sane and Firmino though. Lack of a traditional monster in midfield troubles slightly too.

Can accept small rotation with the players picked as they are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

dsmythy wrote: »
    What I'm on at the mo

Foster Elliot

Alonso Ake Yoshida Lowton Rosenior

Pogba Fabregas Sane Walters Tadic

Lukaku Jesus Firmino

I've an itch on Alonso Sane and Firmino though. Lack of a traditional monster in midfield troubles slightly too.

Can accept small rotation with the players picked as they are now.
    I think you need solid mids early on, they all seem slightly risky at minute points wise apart from Fab (I prefer William but could go either way). Also, Id change firmino to a pool mid instead, and I think KDB is a must. Downgrade walters to a 4.5m, wasted 1m sitting on bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This one was put up about 2 weeks ago and I said Sane & Kane.

Today I'm saying neither because Sane and Aguero are not guaranteed game time and that's a no go from me.

I think Pep likes Sane and correct me if i'm wrong aren't his LM/LF options a bit limited?

dahat wrote: »
    I think Pep likes Sane and correct me if i'm wrong aren't his LM/LF options a bit limited?

I think it's too hard to call what Pep will do. I'd rather avoid it.

What happen if he plays wing backs too ?

I'd imagine KDB would be the safest way to cover City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I think it's too hard to call what Pep will do. I'd rather avoid it.

What happen if he plays wing backs too ?

I'd imagine KDB would be the safest way to cover City.

KDB looks the safest route but that's reflected in his price at 10.00. I think City will score alot of goals so cover is needed.

It's a minefield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

On my FPL notes from last season I have a insisted to myself to start this season with Chadli.

He's not in my team at the moment but my note was rather aggressive as if future me would ignore my advice.

I think I will have to start him as there are a shed load of players in that price bracket that could do well and it's an easy swap over if Chadli doesn't work out. But past me seems really convinced he'll do really well this season.

Ya I remember getting him in just before he got injured last season, he looked a great option. As you said, so many options in that price range it's going to be tricky to pick the right one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Thoughts?
    u7zxl6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Raoul wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Not a huge fan. Sanchez unlikely to start the season so I'd downgrade him to save a couple of mil. Downgrade Cedric to a 4.5 as you have Yosh and he's also unlikely to start the season. Not sure how many defs you're going with but you need to upgrade the strikers so I'd also downgrade Walker to save a million or so leaving you with 3 mid price defenders and find a way to get in Lukaku or Kane instead of one of Austin or Jrod imo. I wouldn't like owning neither Kane or Lukaku.

Although if it's your preference with the two cheap strikers to get Sanchez then by all means, it's different and could work out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

With their prices so high, you need to have one of Kane/Lukaku in case they start scoring. Once that happens, and the price rices, you'll struggle to fit them in.

On the off chance that you have one, or both, and they don't perform, then you can drop them with money left over. It's a win-win really.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Not a huge fan. Sanchez unlikely to start the season so I'd downgrade him to save a couple of mil. Downgrade Cedric to a 4.5 as you have Yosh and he's also unlikely to start the season. Not sure how many defs you're going with but you need to upgrade the strikers so I'd also downgrade Walker to save a million or so leaving you with 3 mid price defenders and find a way to get in Lukaku or Kane instead of one of Austin or Jrod imo. I wouldn't like owning neither Kane or Lukaku.

Although if it's your preference with the two cheap strikers to get Sanchez then by all means, it's different and could work out :D

Why won't Sanchez start? And Cedric is just in there as a placeholder actually, I know he might not start.

I just don't think there is any value in Lukaku. Kane is excellent but I have Alli in there for Spurs coverage.

My thinking was to go a bit different this year and load up on midfield rather than attack. Last year I had Kane, Costa and Aguero. I did really well though so not sure why I am changing haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Why won't Sanchez start?

He's only just back training this week. Good chance he won't be there beyond September as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

tailgunner wrote: »
    He's only just back training this week. Good chance he won't be there beyond September as well.

Wenger today: “The only thing I can tell you is he is focused. My decision is clear. He will stay, it’s as simple as that and he will respect that.”

Nothing to indicate he's going anywhere, all speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Wenger today: “The only thing I can tell you is he is focused. My decision is clear. He will stay, it’s as simple as that and he will respect that.”

Nothing to indicate he's going anywhere, all speculation.

One of my favourite FPL players is San(C)hez, I dunno what I'm going to do to try fit him in.

I'd feel dirty leaving him out..

Granted, but still a question mark over whether he'll be fit enough to make GW1.

And yeah, definitely my favourite FPL player too. I'd be more than happy to tear my team up to fit him in!

Speaking of which, this is the first draft I'm reasonably happy with:

Foster, (Elliott)

Alexander-Arnold, Jones, Trippier (Manquillo, Long)

Salah, Fabregas, De Bruyne, Ramsey (Carroll)

Lukaku, Kane, Austin

A few question marks over the defence, but I'd be planning for an early wildcard.

tailgunner wrote: »
    Granted, but still a question mark over whether he'll be fit enough to make GW1.

And yeah, definitely my favourite FPL player too. I'd be more than happy to tear my team up to fit him in!

Speaking of which, this is the first draft I'm reasonably happy with:

Foster, (Elliott)

Alexander-Arnold, Jones, Trippier (Manquillo, Long)

Salah, Fabregas, De Bruyne, Ramsey (Carroll)

Lukaku, Kane, Austin

A few question marks over the defence, but I'd be planning for an early wildcard.
    Is Jones definitely going to start? Can say the same for AA.

How good is Salah going to be, never seen him in the premier league. So it is always risky with new players. I always like Ramsey myself but been burned by him a few times.

Up front is lethal obviously.

I'd expect Jones to start in the league for a few weeks at least, seeing as he's suspended in Europe, and Alexander-Arnold should come in for Clyne. Far from guaranteed in either case of course, but hopefully things will be clearer next week.

I'm 50/50 between Salah and Coutinho to be honest. Coutinho seems to be playing a bit deeper, which makes him less appealing.

Not 100% sold on Ramsey either, but I have no Arsenal cover otherwise.

I don't really believe in coverage. Just pick the players who are going to score the most points. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I don't really believe in coverage. Just pick the players who are going to score the most points. :)

That's actually a good point imho - I tend to spend a lot of time trying to shoehorn players into my team for the sake of it.

eg Monreal - only there because he plays for Arsenal, have now got rid and made a couple of other changes as well

Forster Elliot

Bailly Vertonghen Long TAA Ake

KDB Fabregas Salah Zaha Carroll

Lukaku Jesus J-Rod

Gradually getting happier with my team....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I've settled on the bulk of my team for now (aiming for GW7 wildcard), just need to work on the bargain bin defense ....

Foster Elliott --> Rotate well and cheap as chips
    Duffy Clarke Mee Hegazi Fodder --> I've .5 left to upgrade one of these. Need to do some study to figure out where that money is best spent.
    De Bruyne Pogba Ince Zaha Mane --> 3 big hitters, and love the form and fixtures of Ince/Zaha
    Kane Lukaku Fodder

Only 1 sub each week realistically.

Basically giving up on clean sheets, they always start off slow as teams get used to each other.

No Chelsesa/Arsenal but not convinced Willian/Cesc/Rambo will start, so taken Zaha instead. Had Ozil for a while but prefer Mane/KDB.

Basically going with 5 big hitters, 2 potentials, and then a GK/DEF (including double Newcastle and WBA) that anything is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Elliott | 4.0 Fodder

Trippier | Cedric | Phil Jones | Mee | 4.0 Fodder

KDB | Salah | Fabregas | Ramsey | 4.5 Fodder

Kane | Lukaku | Austin

Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Seems Ramsey is yellow flagged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What are people's thoughts on Matic??

Not exactly a points machine I know but a guaranteed starter and 3 point returner at 5m surely (??)

A recent defensive reshuffle has left me with a whopping 0.5m to play with....currently have Carroll as 5th mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Cartman78 wrote: »

Not exactly a points machine I know but a guaranteed starter and 3 point returner at 5m surely (??)

A recent defensive reshuffle has left me with a whopping 0.5m to play with....currently have Carroll as 5th mid

As a United fan, I would have Carroll ahead of him. Carroll is great value at 4.5m imo - gets the odd attacking return and may do even better if Siggy leaves. Could see Carrick getting the odd game ("easier" fixtures) still, especially with Champions League games etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Cartman78 wrote:

Carroll + 0.5 over Matic any day for me.
    Probably more attacking threat and doesn't take up a Man Utd spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's De Gea Trippier Bertrand Danilo Willian Ali Pogba De Bruyne Lacazette Firmino Chicharito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thought's De Gea Trippier Bertrand Danilo Willian Ali Pogba De Bruyne Lacazette Firmino Chicharito

Can't really comment until we see your full squad??????? But I'm not crazy about the frontline !

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Settled on this.

I did have Kane but changing him for Lacazette give me 2m to play with

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Decent starting team, what is your bench

Thoughts??
    Ddg elliot
    Trippier Danilo hegazi mee rangel
    Kdb alli salah ramsey barry
    Lukaku batshyai austin.

Hegazi typical pulis player l. he and mee rotate easily. Have doubts over batshuyai starting, but with pedro and hazard on the sidelines 2 weeks is guaranteed. Will get a clearer picture on sunday. Other than that satisfied with the overall team. Had planned to cover atleast 1 player of top 6 in attack as my initial strategy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sanket wrote: »
    Thoughts??
    Ddg elliot
    Lukaku batshyai austin.

Hegazi typical pulis player l. he and mee rotate easily. Have doubts over batshuyai starting, but with pedro and hazard on the sidelines 2 weeks is guaranteed. Will get a clearer picture on sunday. Other than that satisfied with the overall team. Had planned to cover atleast 1 player of top 6 in attack as my initial strategy.
    Barry? As in Barry off Everton? If soz, get rid of him you absolute lunatic :pac: won't play much and even if he does bot a goal threat and gets a yellow every 2nd game.

Thoughts??
    Ddg elliot
    Lukaku batshyai austin.

Barry? As in Barry off Everton? If soz, get rid of him you absolute lunatic :pac: won't play much and even if he does bot a goal threat and gets a yellow every 2nd game.

I mean any cheapie 4.5 mid...didnt wanna take a high ownership 4.5 mid cuz of price drops...anyways thanks for the heads-up

Thoughts??
    Ddg elliot
    Lukaku batshyai austin.

:confused: Why would he start? He is a striker. Willian and Cesc are more likely?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

So many better options than Barry at 4.5

Carroll - Swansea
    Loftus Cheek - Palace
    Are 2 stand outs

Romeu - Southampton
    Delph - if he goes on loan to a PL team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

This is driving me nuts!!! :):)

Latest draft, decided to try and fit in both Kane and Lukaku, can easily downgrade as their prices are high to fix up defence a bit if things dont work out.
    Any thoughts on this?
    De Gea (Elliot)
    Francis Trippier Yoshida (Duffy, Alexander Arnold - may put him into starting 11 and see if he plays)
    Zaha De Bruyne Willian Pogba (Carrol)
    Jay Rod Kane Lukaku

So many better options than Barry at 4.5

Carroll - Swansea
    Loftus Cheek - Palace
    Are 2 stand outs

Romeu - Southampton
    Delph - if he goes on loan to a PL team

If you're not planning on playing the 4.5 I totally agree with the logic of playing Barry. Carroll and/or Loftus Cheek will drop like stones if they're not playing, same with Rangel. Pick the lowest ownership one and there's less chance of him dropping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

DDG (Elliott)
    Alonso, TAA, Danilo (mee, ake)
    Mkhi, pogba, KDB, fabregas (iwobi)
    Austin, Jesus, Batshuayi

By what conte is saying it seems batshuayi is going to play the first few games. Could see both himself and morata. Will decide properly after the community shield.

Trippier seems to be falling from teams in favour of Danilo
    I must admit I'm wavering myself with an eye to bringing him in after a few weeks first ........if VVD goes to Chelsea it won't be a difficult decision
    Also wavering on saints defence ..........one more week one more week :D

km79 wrote: »
    Trippier seems to be falling from teams in favour of Danilo
    I must admit I'm wavering myself with an eye to bringing him in after a few weeks first ........if VVD goes to Chelsea it won't be a difficult decision
    Also wavering on saints defence ..........one more week one more week :D

I would be going for the tried and tested Trippier over Danilo. You know what you are going to get with him. Solid Spurs defence and then some assists from crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

d-gal wrote: »
    DDG (Elliott)
    Alonso, TAA, Danilo (mee, ake)
    Mkhi, pogba, KDB, fabregas (iwobi)
    Austin, Jesus, Batshuayi

By what conte is saying it seems batshuayi is going to play the first few games. Could see both himself and morata. Will decide properly after the community shield.

Is TAA not just a guaranteed transfer out in a few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Barry? As in Barry off Everton? If soz, get rid of him you absolute lunatic won't play much and even if he does bot a goal threat and gets a yellow every 2nd game.

Are you familiar with the legend of "two transfers guy" from season 15/16. We won't hear a bad word against Barry round these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Are you familiar with the legend of "two transfers guy" from season 15/16. We won't hear a bad word against Barry round these parts.

I'm not, what happened? :)

Edit: Also can anyone advise me on Chelsea players, I've none ATM so who would people recommend. Can't work Hazard, Alonso is a bit pricey so I couldn't justify him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If you're not planning on playing the 4.5 I totally agree with the logic of playing Barry. Carroll and/or Loftus Cheek will drop like stones if they're not playing, same with Rangel. Pick the lowest ownership one and there's less chance of him dropping.

jack cork 0.4% ownership 4.5 will start every week when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I'm not, what happened? :)

Edit: Also can anyone advise me on Chelsea players, I've none ATM so who would people recommend. Can't work Hazard, Alonso is a bit pricey so I couldn't justify him.

Hazard is out for the start of the season so why would you even consider him?

Willian and Fabregas would be the popular picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

After much tweaking I'm come to this

Fabianski (Elliot)

Trippier, Bailly, Daniels, Dunk, Mee
    Salah, Ali, Fabregas, Zaha, Richie
    Lukaku, Jesus, Abraham

I'm planning on rotating a 3-5-2 & 3-4-3 formations. Plus, rotating Daniels, Dunk & Mee each week. At the moment I might go with 3-4-3 for GW1 and give Abraham a run out, benching Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

De Gea (Elliot)
    David Luiz, Tripper, Bellerin, (Hunemeier, Rangel)
    Alli, Pogba, De Bruyne, Loftus-Cheek, (Carroll)
    Chicharito, Lukaku, Firmino.

Have 1.5m in the bank. Just wondering should I buy cheaper defenders to try and accommodate Kane into the team, or is Alli enough Spurs covering for the beginning of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Suggests on 4m defenders who will start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Green&Red wrote:
    Suggests on 4m defenders who will start?

There are none.

Long, Mariappa or Hunemeier are your best bets though.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is TAA not just a guaranteed transfer out in a few weeks?
    Probably, but loads of the 4.5 defenders have bad first few weeks so TAA is a decent shout before trading him in for someone like a West Ham defender in week 3.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probably, but loads of the 4.5 defenders have bad first few weeks so TAA is a decent shout before trading him in for someone like a West Ham defender in week 3.

You won't do it though
    Attackers you have won't perform
    Attackers you don't will
    There is no way you will prioritize him over that
    So you might lose value ........

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

spock. wrote: »
    There are none.

Long, Mariappa or Hunemeier are your best bets though.

Rangel is currently placing at the 3rd highest selected defender, does that have any significance or is he just fodder?

• Advertisement
Advertisement