Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

eagle eye wrote:
    Foster Heaton Rudiger, Trippier, Simpson, Yedlin, Muniesa De Bruyne, Son, Ritchie, Herrera, Mooy Kane, Jesus, Iheanacho( Slimani placeholder until the move happens)

I would worry about son rumour has it that barkley is on his way to spurs so his place will be under threat

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

km79 wrote: »
    I would add only one of that midfield will

Who ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

bodking wrote: »
    Who ?

Alli

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's

Hart

Cedric
    Azpi
    Walker

Ali
    Pogba
    Willian
    Coutinho

Lacazette
    J Rodriguez
    Morata

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Thoughts please, doubts over defence and no Kane or Chelsea:
    Foster Fab
    Trippier Yedlin Mee Cedric Simpson
    Alli Arnie RLC Mkhitaryan Romeu
    Lukaku Aguero Lacazette
    3-4-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

bantee wrote: »
    Thoughts please, doubts over defence and no Kane or Chelsea:
    Foster Fab
    Trippier Yedlin Mee Cedric Simpson
    Alli Arnie RLC Mkhitaryan Romeu
    Lukaku Aguero Lacazette
    3-4-3

Kane traditionally doesn't start the season well (not many attackers do). With this in mind I've opted to invest more into my defence. Could drop one of your premium attackers to a 6.5 attacker and invest the 4mil + into improving defence (bring in 2 premium defenders)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Quite the conundrum, thoughts please:
    Foster, Myhill,
    Trippier, Lindlhof, Kompany, Lowe, Yoshida
    Coutinho, Alli, Fabregas, Carroll, Lewis-Cook,
    Rom, Kane, Austin
    Tempted KDB-Aguero to Alli-Kane but going without Kane cost me a few thousand places at the end of last season so don't want to go without him again. Also I have broken Coutinho the last few times I've had him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Foster
    Trippier Kolasinac Cedric Lindeloff
    Ramsey Willian KDB
    Kane Lukaku Defoe

Myhill Carroll Cork Mee

Fairly happy with this for now. Decided it's better off starting with Kane, will be an easy downgrade if he starts off poorly. Defoe can become Austin/Hernandez if either of those impress. Read a couple of articles on Kolasinac that convinced me he's worth including. Expect him to be lwb while Monreal is part of the back 3. No Pool cover for now but that could change nearer the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Foster
    Trippier Kolasinac Cedric Lindeloff
    Ramsey Willian KDB
    Kane Lukaku Defoe

Myhill Carroll Cork Mee

Fairly happy with this for now. Decided it's better off starting with Kane, will be an easy downgrade if he starts off poorly. Defoe can become Austin/Hernandez if either of those impress. Read a couple of articles on Kolasinac that convinced me he's worth including. Expect him to be lwb while Monreal is part of the back 3. No Pool cover for now but that could change nearer the deadline.

Like the Ramsey pick, could be great value this year. Not sure Defoe has another good season in him, didn't he taper off a lot in the second half of last season. Benteke and Hernandez better in my opinion at that price. West Ham are building a decent looking squad now.

Like the Ramsey pick, could be great value this year. Not sure Defoe has another good season in him, didn't he taper off a lot in the second half of last season. Benteke and Hernandez better in my opinion at that price. West Ham are building a decent looking squad now.

Thanks for input. You could be right re: Defoe but he should get a lot better service at Bournemouth than he did last season. Hard to know if he has the legs for another season but he does look after himself. Will definitely be considering Hernandez but would like to wait and see how fit he is and how Bilic sets up the team with all these new signings. Benteke is an fpl favourite of mine so I may end up going for him in the end. Just a shame he's useless at pens :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Courtois

Alderweireld holgate holding

Willian mikhy pogba zaha

Morata lukaku lacazette

Bench - dud keeper. Hanley rlc benalouane

I'm happy with that. Assume willian will play with hazard injured. Not sure pogba will get the point to justify the money...

Double post...

Courtois

Willian mikhy pogba zaha

Morata lukaku lacazette

I'm happy with that. Assume willian will play with hazard injured. Not sure pogba will get the point to justify the money...

Three United attackers is overkill imo. I'd swap one of them for a City/Spurs player. Holgate and Holding aren't nailed on either, worse case scenario you could end up with just one playing defender.

Maybe yeah.

I'd say the Leicester lad and Hanley would start tho if my defence doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

De gea

Cedric/blind/Ake

Loftus cheek, coutinho/de bruyne/ Alli

Rooney/lukaku/morata.

Foster/Gamez/colback/rangel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Courtois

Willian mikhy pogba zaha

Morata lukaku lacazette

To be honest I'd change your hole back line and gk; and no way id have 3 man u in attack. Even two seems a little overkill;

skippy15 wrote: »
    To be honest I'd change your hole back line and gk; and no way id have 3 man u in attack. Even two seems a little overkill;

I'm sticking with the keeper. Chelsea keep clean sheets.

Why would you change those 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Since fergie stepped down utd have struggled for goals. 64,62, 49,54 are there last four seasons goal tally amazingly the Moyes season was the one with the most goals. The last 4 seasons of fergie goals scored was 86,78, 89,86. Its crazy to go with 3 utd attackers.

Valid points.

I am worrid about pogba and mikhy . But they're only 8 each... Not many other options with 2 players for 16...

I do think lukaku will score a pile though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You can get Pedro and Sané for 16.5 for instance.

Miles better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Busts confirmed the attacking point better than I could- think you need change them but your call,
    Courtois gets Cs but little save points and very little bonus, if going Chelsea i'd stretch a little more to one of the defence who have bonus and goal potential
    Alder is solid but trippier looks a great option if stays fit for less, rest of defence not nailed so think way to risky to start with

First proper selection. Think 4 at the back is the way to go at the start.

Foster
    Milner Daniels Trippier McAuley
    Sane Alli Pogba
    Aguero Lukaku Gayle

4.0 gk, 4.0 def, RLC and Walters

Main concern is no Chelsea or arsenal cover. Two each from City, Utd and Spurs. Might be too much investment in def. Would prefer Alderweireld instead of Trippier but no funds.

SlickRic wrote: »
    You can get Pedro and Sané for 16.5 for instance.

Miles better.

KDB and Lingard 16M

Kdb
    Pedro
    Lingard
    Sane

Tbf I only see Kdb and maybe Pedro as a starter every week from those. Rest are in rotation...

I can see willian getting in ahead of Pedro more regularly this season too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I can see willian getting in ahead of Pedro more regularly this season too
    Yeah I'm surprised to see so many going for Pedro. Conte said he wanted to upgrade 3/4 positions this offseason and immediately thought of Pedro's role

Plus he has multiple cheek fractures right now.

That injury could set him back physically and mentally

Fabianski /Foster - Rotate all season
    Cedric / Trippier / Naunton / Mee / Dawson
    Alli / KDB / Willan /Lingard / RLC
    Kane / Lukaku / Depoitre

Comments please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Plus he has multiple cheek fractures right now.

That injury could set him back physically and mentally

Fab or Willian so
    I really would prefer fabregas if he could nail down a starting position for first 6 games or so

km79 wrote: »
    Fab or Willian so
    I really would prefer fabregas if he could nail down a starting position for first 6 games or so

I have willian. He's nailed on until hazard returns at least. Surely.

I'd also love fabregas and he's so cheap...

But he didn't play often enough last season and not they've signed bakayoko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have willian. He's nailed on until hazard returns at least. Surely.

I'd also love fabregas and he's so cheap...

But he didn't play often enough last season and not they've signed bakayoko

Think bakayoko has a knee injury so may be a doubt for the first few games? Doesn't seem to be much info on it though so Willian may be safer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

bodking wrote: »
    Fabianski /Foster - Rotate all season
    Cedric / Trippier / Naunton / Mee / Dawson
    Alli / KDB / Willan /Lingard / RLC
    Kane / Lukaku / Depoitre

Comments please

Good team. Willian is a reasonable punt. I doubt Lingard will be a regular starter though. RLC and Depoitre to rotate? Depoitre unlikely to do well every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 UKLad

Foster
    Trippier, Luiz, Johnson
    Sane, Alli, William, Zaha
    Kane, Morata, Rooney

Carrol, Naughton, Mee, Elliot

Have modified mine to this now thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

UKLad wrote: »
    Foster
    Trippier, Luiz, Johnson
    Sane, Alli, William, Zaha
    Kane, Morata, Rooney

Carrol, Naughton, Mee, Elliot

Have modified mine to this now thoughts?

As an Everton fan I opted for Sandro over Rooney. I think Rooney could likely play in behind Sandro unless we sign Siggy.

I'd be going for Sandro over Rooney too. He's been terrible for so long.

People's thoughts on mikhy? Will he start all the time for United? Or even say 80% of the time..

With lingard martial Rashford and Mata all there it's hard to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I would avoid all Everton players to start out with. Not only have they a horrible start, they have also made so many signings (with maybe Siggy to come) that it is hard to know how they will line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Right, had another crack at a team….the influx of transfers seems to be making things a lot more complicated this year….from memory it seemed more straightforward last year :confused:

*Avoiding Everton and City for the moment - although earlier drafts had Jesus instead of Kane.
    *Salah instead of Coutinho another 50/50 call....early days yet but he seems to be playing in a more advanced role so far
    *Bailly in for Lindelof - Utd defensive cover seems essential..Bailly prob more nailed on at this stage

Foster Begovic

Daniels Bailly Trippier Cedric Long

Pogba Fabregas Salah Zaha

Lukaku Kane J-Rod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Right, had another crack at a team….the influx of transfers seems to be making things a lot more complicated this year….from memory it seemed more straightforward last year :confused:

*Avoiding Everton and City for the moment - although earlier drafts had Jesus instead of Kane.
    *Salah instead of Coutinho another 50/50 call....early days yet but he seems to be playing in a more advanced role so far
    *Bailly in for Lindelof - Utd defensive cover seems essential..Bailly prob more nailed on at this stage

Foster Begovic

Daniels Bailly Trippier Cedric Long

Pogba Fabregas Salah Zaha

Lukaku Kane J-Rod

I've read from a Bournemouth fan to steer clear of Daniels. Steve Cook & Ake look more nailed on at that price. I have Francis at 4.5, could be a great bargain IF he's nailed on, Smith 75% chance of making first game

J-Rod is an interesting one I'm not sold on quite yet. Strong team nonetheless

Good team. Willian is a reasonable punt. I doubt Lingard will be a regular starter though. RLC and Depoitre to rotate? Depoitre unlikely to do well every week.

The special one seems to like Lingard bit risky but worth it i hope.

Depoitre and RLC to rotate .

Thanks for your comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

RMT :)

Foster Elliot

Cedric Alonso Trip Lindelof Long
    Ince Mkhi Eriksen Carroll Willian
    Aguero Lukaku Austin

Mkhi could be Pogba for nailed on
    Aguero could be Jesus
    Happy to punt on Austin for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've read from a Bournemouth fan to steer clear of Daniels. Steve Cook & Ake look more nailed on at that price. I have Francis at 4.5, could be a great bargain IF he's nailed on, Smith 75% chance of making first game

J-Rod is an interesting one I'm not sold on quite yet. Strong team nonetheless

Thanks for the feedback Father :cool:

Didn't know that Daniels was potentially dodgy - haven't done a whole bunch of research tbh yet....but having splurged that much on Ake he's probably a guaranteed starter.

J-Rod wasn't on my radar really either until I had only 6m left and had to dial down the price filter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Latest musings has me considering 3-4-3 with Walters/JRod offering a lovely rotation starting out:

Foster(Boaz)
    Trippier Blind Cedric (4.5, 4.0)
    Salah Coutinho KDB Alli (Walters)
    Lukaku Austin JRod

I quite like it but Lukaku aside I could have some tricky captain choices, which concerns me

Edit: changed KDB to Eriksen, and used extra 0.5 to change Blind to Bailey(nailed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

stephenl15 wrote: »
    RMT :)

Foster Elliot

Cedric Alonso Trip Lindelof Long
    Ince Mkhi Eriksen Carroll Willian
    Aguero Lukaku Austin

Mkhi could be Pogba for nailed on
    Aguero could be Jesus
    Happy to punt on Austin for now

I reckon Lindelof is a rotation risk tbh. He's still learning at only 23 years of age. Mourinho may want to ease him in at the start of the season.

As you know, Mkhi will have lots of competition but if you're happy to take a chance on him go for it. Not keen on choosing Ince myself. He's never done it on the biggest stage, the Championship is more his level.

Other than that it's very solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Have done a couple of drafts. Starting to take shape -

De Gea / Elliot
    Trippier Van Dijk Mee Lowe Yedlin
    Willian KDB Coutinho Walters RLC
    Lukaku Kane J-Rod

Not sold on defence or keepers but happy with front eight. Taking a wait and see approach with Morata and Lacazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

This is what I have at the moment:

Foster-Begovic
    Trippier-Lindelof-Mee-Simpson-Yedelin
    Ozil-Willian-Sané-Ince-Carroll
    Kane-Lukaku-Chicharito

Pretty happy with the quality of the spine that can be gotten for the budget. I'll look a bit closer at the opening fixtures closer to time and no doubt do some tinkering with the cheaper players as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I reckon Lindelof is a rotation risk tbh. He's still learning at only 23 years of age. Mourinho may want to ease him in at the start of the season.

As you know, Mkhi will have lots of competition but if you're happy to take a chance on him go for it. Not keen on choosing Ince myself. He's never done it on the biggest stage, the Championship is more his level.

Other than that it's very solid.

Thank you :) Yeah Ince just has great fixtures and think he's done ok in pre season so I think he's worth a shot. Can always downgrade to Walters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

How important is spreading your 11 across a load of different teams , my problem with it is Kane and Ali seem like must haves . Hard to know who to pick from city , With united lukaku seems like a must have but nothing else , miki could be a bargain though

Mikhy should be nailed on. But he won't because there's so many players to keep happy in that position.

He be doing well to start 4/6 even tho I have him in my own team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

remoteboy wrote: »
    Have done a couple of drafts. Starting to take shape -

De Gea / Elliot
    Trippier Van Dijk Mee Lowe Yedlin
    Willian KDB Coutinho Walters RLC
    Lukaku Kane J-Rod

Not sold on defence or keepers but happy with front eight. Taking a wait and see approach with Morata and Lacazette.

I'm tempted by your keepers De Gea being a cheap way into United's defence and Elliot as back up, defence looks weak, RLC not guaranteed starting Carroll could be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

First time getting a proper look at this tonight and I've had a nightmare trying to piece together a team.

This is where I am, just to get a team entered, there are a lot of question marks over players

Foster-Elliot

Alonso-Cedric-Holgate-Ward-Goldson

Sanchez-Alli-JWP-Walters-Chalobah

Austin-Lukaku-Aguero

Not happy with a lot of that.

Sticking with who brought me to the dance (Cedric, Alonso, Alexis and Sergio)for my first draft.

Anyone seeing any 4.0 options in GKs or DFs that may get minutes early in the season.
    If I don't choose Elliot, i'll be doing double Pulis GK with Foster-Myhill or may take a flutter in Joe Hart at 4.5.

Will likey have Kane/Jesus over Aguero and one of Alli/KDB in MF if I find the funds elsewhere.

Are there any good resources for cheap defender rotations like previous seasons?
    As in 3 Defender's at 4.5, to pick 2 to play each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Foster
    Trippier-Luiz-Cedric
    Pogba-Fabregas-Coutinho-Tadic
    Kane-Jesus-Chicarito

Fabianski-Francis-Long-Iwobi

???

Trying to cover all bases... Tadic at 6.5 could be a good mid level midfielder with the start they have. Does he take penalties too?? Rotate the keepers. Have none of the big hitters like sanchez, alli, aguero etc ...but on paper it looks strong enough i think. Could move Luiz to Bailly if thats not working out. Iwobi can be downgraded to make some money available for upgrades elsewhere. West Ham haven't the best of starts but hopefully Chicarito should pick up a few goals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement