Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Fabregas probably won't play.

Aguero may not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hello there chaps, some advice/ratings would be greatly appreciated! Been tinkering non-stop for the last 2 days and I'm still very unsure about many different positions.

Current Team is as follows -
    Forster, Myhill
    Trippier, Lindelof, Mee, Naughton, Dunk
    KDB, Pogba, Fab, Ward-Prowse, McArthur
    Kane, Lukaku, Austin

Will be playing a 3-4-3 most likely. I have 1.0 left over so will probably do Lindelof -> Bailly as Lindelof not a cert just yet and Myhill -> Fabianski for rotation. Also considering Foster and Myhill which would free up 0.5.

Fabregas may not be nailed on to start but I think Conte might fancy him this season. 3 Utd players, especially two attacking could also be overkill. Could do Pogba -> ???
    Happy to start off with Lukaku and Kane up front as easier to sell one of them then try to fit them in. Would consider trying to get Alli in but that would leave me with 3 Spurs.
    Sigh. Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Aguero may not play.
    Expect Aguero to start 90% of matches I'd strongly reckon. They played a 3-5-2 formation last night agaist Real. Jesus can also play either side of a 4-3-3 if needs be too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Aguero may not play.
    Expect Aguero to start 90% of matches I'd strongly reckon. They played a 3-5-2 formation last night agaist Real. Jesus can also play either side of a 4-3-3 if needs be too.
    Has aguero been playing preseason
    Not seen his name mentioned much
    Although they have played only 2 games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Has aguero been playing preseason
    Not seen his name mentioned much
    Although they have played only 2 games

He played 45 last night. I reckon Jesus will get more minutes than aguero the problem is Jesus may well be wide for a lot of those .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Right. So after about 5000 changes so far I think I am about half way through tinkering but would appreciate some opinions on this.

Courtois - Cheap way into Chelseas mean defence
    Elliot - 4m bench fodder who may play some games

Trippier - Cheap option into the Spurs defence provided they don't sign another RB
    Darmian - Looks likely to start at LB for United and with doubts over Lindelof have opted for him at same price
    McAuley - Pulis defender. Possible injury to start but at 5.0 can be changed to another West Brom defender
    Simpson - 4.5 placeholder at the moment. Is he likely to start?
    Long - 4.0 option who may see some game time.

Sanchez - If he stays and plays like his usual self its easier to have him now than try add him in a panic
    Pogba - If United sign Matic/Dier I can see him playing further forward and hitting some of his Juve form for good points return. Would switch to Mhki if he was nailed on.
    Willian - Good option into Chelsea attack with Hazard out and has been on fire in pre-season
    RLC - Cheap option to rotate. Would prefer Milivojevic but funds don't allow
    Carroll - With Sig gone may get more points this season.

Kane - Must have with high ownership
    Lukaku - As above. Could be swapped for Aguero if he looks to be a starter
    J-Rod - Wait and see selection. Open to 6.0 alternative options here. Even tempted by Crouch at one stage to free up 1.0

3-4-3 or 4-3-3 depending on fixtures.

Worries:
    No City cover. I just can't decide who Pep will play.
    Weak bench. Likely Elliot, RLC, Long, Simpson
    3 Man United player but they do have a good opening run of fixtures

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

chris445 wrote: »
    Right. So after about 5000 changes so far I think I am about half way through tinkering but would appreciate some opinions on this.

Courtois - Cheap way into Chelseas mean defence
    Elliot - 4m bench fodder who may play some games

Trippier - Cheap option into the Spurs defence provided they don't sign another RB
    Darmian - Looks likely to start at LB for United and with doubts over Lindelof have opted for him at same price
    McAuley - Pulis defender. Possible injury to start but at 5.0 can be changed to another West Brom defender
    Simpson - 4.5 placeholder at the moment. Is he likely to start?
    Long - 4.0 option who may see some game time.

Sanchez - If he stays and plays like his usual self its easier to have him now than try add him in a panic
    Pogba - If United sign Matic/Dier I can see him playing further forward and hitting some of his Juve form for good points return. Would switch to Mhki if he was nailed on.
    Willian - Good option into Chelsea attack with Hazard out and has been on fire in pre-season
    RLC - Cheap option to rotate. Would prefer Milivojevic but funds don't allow
    Carroll - With Sig gone may get more points this season.

Kane - Must have with high ownership
    Lukaku - As above. Could be swapped for Aguero if he looks to be a starter
    J-Rod - Wait and see selection. Open to 6.0 alternative options here. Even tempted by Crouch at one stage to free up 1.0

3-4-3 or 4-3-3 depending on fixtures.

Worries:
    No City cover. I just can't decide who Pep will play.
    Weak bench. Likely Elliot, RLC, Long, Simpson
    3 Man United player but they do have a good opening run of fixtures

You need to squeeze in a Southampton player or two somewhere, great run of fixtures up to GW10, Utd being the only tricky game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have taken a look at this this morning, have the following first draft, anyone have any suggestions how to improve, have 0.5m in the bank
    Foster/Begovic (will rotate regularly)
    Lindelof Trippier Cedric (Lascelles Duffy)
    Mkhitaryan Alli De Bruyne RLC (Carroll)
    Kalechi (presuming Leicester deal gets done) Jesus (may change yetunsure if he will start)  Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Have taken a look at this this morning, have the following first draft, anyone have any suggestions how to improve, have 0.5m in the bank
    Foster/Begovic (will rotate regularly)
    Lindelof Trippier Cedric (Lascelles Duffy)
    Mkhitaryan Alli De Bruyne RLC (Carroll)
    Kalechi (presuming Leicester deal gets done) Jesus (may change yetunsure if he will start)  Lukaku

I would worry about the amount spent on Lindelof and Mhki with both not certain to start.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

What a team looks like when you ignore United, Arsenal and Liverpool

656.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got a bad start to last season so would appreciate if anyone can give advice on this years selection before the transfer window closing date
    moves throw things up in the air again.

De Gea, Foster,
    Trippier, Darmian, Alonso, Cedric, Daniels
    Alli, Couthinio, Ndidi, Phillips, Fer,
    Lukaku, Firmino, Gayle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

macraignil wrote: »
    Got a bad start to last season so would appreciate if anyone can give advice on this years selection before the transfer window closing date
    moves throw things up in the air again.

De Gea, Foster,
    Trippier, Darmian, Alonso, Cedric, Daniels
    Alli, Couthinio, Ndidi, Phillips, Fer,
    Lukaku, Firmino, Gayle.

If you have De Gea you don't need Foster as you will never play him. Go for Elliott who is 0.5m cheaper.

Assuming you aren't going for a 5-2-3 or 5-3-2 formation you have too much invested in defence. Personally I'm not sure Alonso is worth the cash, so I'd downgrade to a 4.5m and I'd also do the same with Daniels or Cedric. Three 5m+ defenders is enough, as most weeks you will only start 3 defenders anyway.

I'd use the cash to upgrade Ndidi and possibly Gayle. I'm also not sure Fer will get game time. Carroll is probably a better bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Begovic
    Trippier, Daniels, Bellerín
    Fàbregas, Pogba, Alli, Salah
    Jesus, Morata, Chicharito

Fabianski, Long, RLC, McCauley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Panthro wrote: »
    Begovic
    Trippier, Daniels, Bellerín
    Fàbregas, Pogba, Alli, Salah
    Jesus, Morata, Chicharito

Fabianski, Long, RLC, McCauley

Alot of big names there, but I'm not convinced all will translate to good fpl scoring. I'd wait and see on Morata. Likewise on Cheech. Pogba I have my doubts on he's played quite deep til now. Fab is a big rotation risk when Chelsea have all their players available (which could be very soon). Alli Salah and Jesus are solid picks I feel. Trippier too. And Bellerin has nice potential as well, especially if Wenger persists with 3 at the back. Daniels I can understand for his attacking threat but Bournemouth can't defend for sh** so I'd get Begovic out of there. No Saints defender is a bit risky I think with their superb opening fixtures, the same could be said for a Man U defender, though you're looking at some extra £ for a nailed option there. Also Carroll might be a safer bet starting out for your £4.5m mid - picture RLC not starting gw1 and very soon he could be down to £4.3m.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's

Foster

Ake
    Cedric
    Trippier

Willian
    Couthino
    Ali
    Philips

Chicharito
    Kane
    Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Chico is a great price but with little pre season and their games id leave him a few weeks,
    Philips think is way too risky, better downgrading him to carrol or someone and using the 1.5m to upgrade a def to 4 at the back-

Planning an early wildcard so trying hit form and fixtures players early on

Forster
    TrippierLuiz Lindeof Cedric
    Salah De Bruyne William
    Kane Lukaku Rodriguez

Elliot Caroll RLC 4m bench fodder

Solid def with good fixtures and prices, happy start these 4 at the back
    Salah looks sharp as does KDB and William in pre season, form players here
    Kaku needs must with high ownership, and rod a 6m enabler good fixtures and banging them in. Carrol/ RLC one of these should kick on as the 4.5m of choice

skippy15 wrote: »

Forster
    TrippierLuiz Lindeof  Cedric
      Salah De Bruyne William
      Kane Lukaku Rodriguez

Kaku needs must with high ownership, and rod a 6m enabler good fixtures and banging them in. Carrol/ RLC one of these should kick on as the 4.5m of choice

I don't think Lindelof is nailed on as a starter just yet after a poor pre-season. If you could find 0.5 Bailly is a safer option imo. RLC probably won't start for the 1st few weeks, manager said he will have to play his way into the 1st team. Only worry would be that he might drop in price. McArthur is a good shout for a 4.5 mid.

My Team -
    Foster

Trippier, Bailly, Cedric

KDB, Pogba, Fabregas, L. Cook

Kane, Lukaku, Austin

Bench - Elliott, Naughton, Mee McArthur
    1.5mil left over to upgrade. Concerns - Elliott, Fabregas, Pogba.
    I'm also considering a mix of Forster, Fabianski and Myhill in goal. Elliott if nailed on to start is solid though.

Same issue with Fabregas, will he start every game though I think Conte might favour him this season. Pogba playing deep but I think he will have a good season. Could switch to Mkhi but again rotation is a risk. I have the funds to upgrade Pogba to Alli.

Finally have been torn between Defoe, Austin and Chic up front. Chic will be on the watchlist after GW3. Could also downgrade Austin and upgrade Fab to Alli.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

skippy15 wrote: »

Forster
    TrippierLuiz Lindeof Cedric
    Salah De Bruyne William
    Kane Lukaku Rodriguez

Interesting, as I'm working on the same strategy.

I've only started looking at my team, so can't advise fully. I do like your choice of keepers and Trippier and Lukaku are certainties for me. As has been mentioned, Lindelof isn't nailed on so try find the cash for Bailly.

I'm planning 3-4-3 rather than 4-3-3 (as if now!) but I'm not sure Luiz is a great pick, Chelsea have a couple of sticky games in the first 6, so I'm thinking of holding off for now. I'll be going 2 x 4.5s and a 4.0

In midfield I'd worry about Salah and Willian. I think Salah could be great but he's new to the league and with an early WC I'd possibly wait and see how he starts - maybe go for Coutinho? Willian is an issue due to unsure playing time. If it turns out he's nailed on he's a great pick.

RLC isn't nailed also so maybe look to upgrade here with money saved in Luiz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I was dead set on my goalkeepers,

Begovic and Foster rotation. And now you guys have convinced me of Elliot :pac:

Which one should I drop? Currently Foster dropped at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Neither stick with what you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

naughtb4 wrote: »

Neither stick with what you have

Thanks. I was thinking then I'd have to replace Yedlin. So that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Any thoughts greatly appreciated folks!

Foster (Elliot)

Bailly Cedric Daniels (Rangel Hunemeir)

Ramsey Alli Salah Carroll (RLC)

Morata Lukaku Auguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Any thoughts
    Courtois and Foster

Bailly, Bellerin, Cedric, Dann and Rangel

KDB, Alli, Ayew, Tadic and Tom Carroll

Lukaku, Benteke and Iheanacho or j Rod

Courtois is Chelsea cover
    Bailly for Man Utd, Bellerin great choice if Arsenal go 3 at back, Cedric good fixtures, Dann good for a goal, Rangel 4m no show.
    KDB and Alli as attacking show as have no spurs or City strikers, Ayew even if tough start always good for a goal, Tadic good soton fixtures and Carroll more guaranteed than RLC.
    Lukaku for united attack, Benteke good 5 fixtures at start, Iheanacho if he moves to Leicester or J Rod if not.

Dont go for Angel, given his high ownership his price will drop when people jump off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Steven81 wrote: »
    Any thoughts
    Courtois and Foster

Bailly, Bellerin, Cedric, Dann and Rangel

KDB, Alli, Ayew, Tadic and Tom Carroll

Lukaku, Benteke and Iheanacho or j Rod

Courtois is Chelsea cover
    Bailly for Man Utd, Bellerin great choice if Arsenal go 3 at back, Cedric good fixtures, Dann good for a goal, Rangel 4m no show.
    KDB and Alli as attacking show as have no spurs or City strikers, Ayew even if tough start always good for a goal, Tadic good soton fixtures and Carroll more guaranteed than RLC.
    Lukaku for united attack, Benteke good 5 fixtures at start, Iheanacho if he moves to Leicester or J Rod if not.

Is Ayew going to start? With Arnie & Chicarito after being signed I'd be surprised to see him in the starting 11. At 7.0 I'd want a more nailed on player. Shedite27 reckons he won't in the Club Profiles thread.

Benteke could be worth a punt, burned so badly by him before though makes me think again but the fixtures are appealing.

Have Tadic myself at the moment but same as above, been burned badly by him before I'm not sure I want to take the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

First effort at a team. Going all-out for the first 6 weeks, 3 bench fodder.

Forster
    Cedric Lindelof Palace/Burnley
    Ozil DeBruyne Fabregas Tadic Philips
    Kane Lukaku

GK Fodder
    DEF Fodder
    FWD Fodder
    • Double Saints defence.
    • Question marks over Lindelof, so may become Blind.
    • Happy with the rotation of HUD/WBA/SWA/PAL/SOU/HUD for the 3rd defender.
    • Tadic/Philips obviously weakest links, but decent fixtures so happy for a few punts.
    • Fabregas may become Willian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You need to get a bit of Liverpool into that team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

DeGea
    Trippier/ake/Cedric
    Mkhi/Sane/Alli/Willian
    Lukaku/lacazette/Calvert-lewin

Begovic/Suttner/Martina/March

I did have Sanchez involved but had no 3rd striker effectively and a piss poor defence (no DeGea either). Brought in Sane

Edit: only things I question would be to take begovic out for Elliott (save 0.5m) and take out mkhi coz not guaranteed starter. With who I don't know. Tadic? Then upgrade on Calvert lewin but again who? Or pogba if united get a DM

• Advertisement

Went for Calvert Lewin myself, started the other night and might get a bit off the bench. This year i am going two up front, the strikers I can get for 7m or so are unlikely to score more than most teams will get clean sheets

First attempt
    Foster Elliot
    Bellerin trippier mee Morgan Francis
    Mkhitarayan salah Willian Ramsey Walters
    Jay rod lukaku kane
    Early days but I'd be planning to wildcard first international break and BB gw2

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You need to get a bit of Liverpool into that team

I've none and no desire to for first 5\6 weeks

Champ league playoffs around time of tricky fixtures
    Don't want any of their defenders full stop
    Coutinho may be off
    Mane not back and expensive
    Salah is defo a wait and see
    Firmino could be a reverse OOP and even if he isn't he ain't a natural striker
    Sturridge :D

First attempt
    Foster Elliot
    Jay rod lukaku kane

That midfield is similar enough to mine but even more punty mcpunterson :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Latest draft

Forster
    Trippier Bailly Dawson
    Fabregas KDB Ramsey Zaha
    Kane Lukaku Jay Rod

Elliott Mee Morgan Carroll

Getting there I think.

Latest draft

Forster
    Trippier Bailly Dawson
    Fabregas KDB Ramsey Zaha
    Kane Lukaku Jay Rod

Elliott Mee Morgan Carroll

Getting there I think.
    If by getting closer and closer to the team that I have just been getting closer and closer to then yes you are :D

I just added zaha in for Walters this morning after looking at fixtures
    I'd still rather go Alli and aguero instead of kdb and Kane if Kun looks anyway nailed
    But that's prob not going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If by getting closer and closer to the team that I have just been getting closer and closer to then yes you are :D

I'd still rather go Alli and aguero instead of kdb and Kane if Kun looks anyway nailed

Ya Kane over Aguero for now. I think Kane features in first 3 Super Sundays...I don't want to spend them hiding behind the couch!

Ya Kane over Aguero for now. I think Kane features in first 3 Super Sundays...I don't want to spend them hiding behind the couch!
    That's some good info !

kdb is an awkward price and bringing him in for alli and aguero for kane is pushing me to 100.5 and wont allow an upgrade of lindelof to bailly if i need to do that before start of season
    cedric being out also a pain .......pierd at 4.5 beginning to tempt me and solbe the 0.5 issue...... or I could play forster in goals , ignore west brom and rotate two 4.5ml defenders ( be ideal if that giant the Baggies signed starts but its too risky)
    of course I could just have jesus and alli

agggghhhh my head is bursting already

for arguments sake this is my current set up anyway
    1ml ITB and a lot depending on Austin starting !

foster / elliot ( I dont see myself going with Foster in the end though. Injury prone and Pulis ball did not keep many clean sheets at all last year )

lindelof trippier bertrand yedlin long (yerdlin could be Dunk or anyone really !)

fabregas pogba alli zaha carroll ( fab/willian & pogba/miki could go either way and im assuming United sign a DM ) ( Zaha is a recent addition after looking at their opening 6 )

lukaku aguero austin ( Id like to start with Kun and be able to trust Pep but i probably wont, Austin im willing to take the chance on )

team set up for 1st 5/6 games with an eye on an early WC as usual

• Advertisement

basedon yer advice i changed my team around and got a southampton defender and trippier. Im very happy with this team now. Dembele my only weak link and hes a steal at 5.0

Courtois

Cedric Danilo (will start cos mendy isnt ready) Trippier

Willian Ozil Pogba Dembele (v. happy with this)

Lacazette Lukaku Morata (super duper happy with this- hope wenger doesnt dick me around and start lacazette slowly)

Defenders dont get many points so I went top heavy. No defender outside chelsea in top 50 scorers last season afaik

Edit - bench of Hanley RLC and Benalouane (i reckon all 3 will play most weeks )

Benimar wrote: »
    Interesting, as I'm working on the same strategy.

I've only started looking at my team, so can't advise fully. I do like your choice of keepers and Trippier and Lukaku are certainties for me. As has been mentioned, Lindelof isn't nailed on so try find the cash for Bailly.

I'm planning 3-4-3 rather than 4-3-3 (as if now!) but I'm not sure Luiz is a great pick, Chelsea have a couple of sticky games in the first 6, so I'm thinking of holding off for now. I'll be going 2 x 4.5s and a 4.0

In midfield I'd worry about Salah and Willian. I think Salah could be great but he's new to the league and with an early WC I'd possibly wait and see how he starts - maybe go for Coutinho? Willian is an issue due to unsure playing time. If it turns out he's nailed on he's a great pick.

RLC isn't nailed also so maybe look to upgrade here with money saved in Luiz?

Ye not fully set on Luiz or LIndof but wanted cover there, goina wait till closer to make final decision on them. William I think should play till Hazard comes back, and have watched Salah play a few times and think he will start with a bang in a very forward position where I see coutinho as more of the playmaker in the midfield 3, maybe mccarthur as mentioned for RLC but would rather a strong 4th def over a weak 4th mid at minute. Be interested see what you come up with too- thanks

You need to change Cedric he isn't going to start the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What ya think?

De gea stones van dijk Tripp
    Willlian coutinho ward p sane
    Lukak Kane chich/ gabbia

Loftus naughtin long

You need to change Cedric he isn't going to start the season

What's back 4 for Southampton ya reckon??

I only picked him cos of this thread

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    What ya think?

De gea stones van dijk Tripp
    Willlian coutinho ward p sane
    Lukak Kane chich/ gabbia

Loftus naughtin long

I'm sorry but it's hard to help when you have only 14 players named and I've no idea who a few of them are
    But
    I'd not have stones for a start
    VVD is more or less on strike
    Who is ward in midfield ?
    Loftus ?

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but it's hard to help when you have only 14 players named and I've no idea who a few of them are
    But
    I'd not have stones for a start
    VVD is more or less on strike
    Who is ward in midfield ?
    Loftus ?

James ward proyse

Lotus - rlc

James ward proyse

Lotus - rlc

Ah right
    Still missing a player
    Hard to rate an incomplete team ! Assume it's a non playing keeper but why not post the whole team and in a way that's easy to understand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Aguero may not play.

Fabregas will play first 3.

Aguero will 100% play.

FHFC wrote: »
    Fabregas will play first 3.

Aguero will 100% play.

I want this to be true :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

First attempt
    Foster Elliot
    Jay rod lukaku kane

Interesting. Well away from the kinda team I'm considering. I'd put Alonso and Kompany/Mendy well ahead of Bellerin who for some reason has not played that well in the 343. Think he was carrying an injury last season in fairness so could prove a great call yet.

Austin has been starting preseason for Soton and seems to have a great chance of starting up top with Gabbi wide. If so he's way better than JRod imo.

I'm with you on Ramsey. Willian a good option but with Bakayoko out initially I'd probably prefer Fab, Conte talked him up as a #10 recently too. But for me Alonso the best option in the price range if they don't sign competition.

Main thing I'd say is I think going without a city attacker is madness. I'm planning on 2. A wise man round these parts used to say pick players from teams that will score lots of goals.

Posted this on Twitter earlier in the week.

Average goals in the first 6 GWs last 4 seasons
    MCI 13.75
    CHE 11.25
    ARS 11.0
    MUN 10.0
    LIV 9.75
    TOT 7.5

It's a crude enough stat but reason I checked it was a gut that City had tended to score lots at the start of the season.

Couple of notes to refine them a bit, Chelsea's figure is inflated by some very high scoring games early in their title winning season. Remember Everton! They scored 19 in the first 6 that year and without that their average comes down to 8.0

Liverpools highest scoring start by far in the four seasons was last year under Klopp. 16 goals compared to 7, 8, 8 the previous seasons.

City's figures are consistently high, regardless of fixture difficulty. 14, 12, 12 and the highest of all, 17 last season under Pep.

I have Aguero and KdB in my current draft. I know it was only a friendly but KdB was unplayable vs Real the other night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement