Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    I want this to be true :D

City's team the last night Vs Real, with a Silva of some description in for Foden, will be pretty close to their their lineup I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Dont go for Angel, given his high ownership his price will drop when people jump off

Rangel + Naughton = 8.5M........Whers's Z?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KDB was unplayable vs Real primarily in the second half. Aguero came off at half time, with KDB playing further forward in the 2nd half. Also neither of the Silvas featured, and Sané only got 10 mins. So TBH alot is still up in the air with City. So far my gut says Jesus and KDB are pretty nailed with the rest battling for the remaining spots. Re. KDB though a big factor could be Aguero playing (or not) and the impact that will have on KDB's positioning.

manual_man wrote: »
    KDB was unplayable vs Real primarily in the second half. Aguero came off at half time, with KDB playing further forward in the 2nd half. Also neither of the Silvas featured, and Sané only got 10 mins. So TBH alot is still up in the air with City. So far my gut says Jesus and KDB are pretty nailed with the rest battling for the remaining spots. Re. KDB though a big factor could be Aguero playing (or not) and the impact that will have on KDB's positioning.

I'm still on auto-select but would you captain him in the first 3 weeks say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ElTel wrote: »
    I'm still on auto-select but would you captain him in the first 3 weeks say?

KDB? My advice would be no for the first couple of gameweeks anyway. Brighton were fantastic defensively at home last season. Then Everton could provide a stiff test at the Etihad. Plus it gives a little time to see how City are going to line up - although with the weapons at Pep's disposal something tells me this will change, alot! Jesus is my number one choice for City coverage - Pep seems to love him, he plays the furthest forward of anyone, and will have great supply.

manual_man wrote: »
    KDB? My advice would be no for the first couple of gameweeks anyway. Brighton were fantastic defensively at home last season. Then Everton could provide a stiff test at the Etihad. Plus it gives a little time to see how City are going to line up - although with the weapons at Pep's disposal something tells me this will change, alot! Jesus is my number one choice for City coverage - Pep seems to love him, he plays the furthest forward of anyone, and will have great supply.

I want more than one City. Danillo ahead of KDB atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ElTel wrote: »
    I want more than one City. Danillo ahead of KDB atm

Is Walker not fit to start the season? Surely Danilo will be second choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is Walker not fit to start the season? Surely Danilo will be second choice.

Danilo will start left back cos Mandy isn't ready.

Lass will Cedric definitely start for Southampton if vvd stays?? I don't know the player at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Danilo will start left back cos Mandy isn't ready.

Lass will Cedric definitely start for Southampton if vvd stays?? I don't know the player at all

Cedric has yet to return to training he has been giving an extended break because of the confederations cup. I'm not sure what the team will be but I wouldn't risk Cedric at the start.

Cedric has yet to return to training he has been giving an extended break because of the confederations cup. I'm not sure what the team will be but I wouldn't risk Cedric at the start.

Fair enough. But all things being equal he does start??

• Advertisement

Fair enough. But all things being equal he does start??

Ye he is first choice rb will probably be eased in this season though.

KdB hit the woodwork 9 times last season btw.

FHFC wrote: »
    Interesting. Well away from the kinda team I'm considering. I'd put Alonso and Kompany/Mendy well ahead of Bellerin who for some reason has not played that well in the 343. Think he was carrying an injury last season in fairness so could prove a great call yet.

Austin has been starting preseason for Soton and seems to have a great chance of starting up top with Gabbi wide. If so he's way better than JRod imo.

I'm with you on Ramsey. Willian a good option but with Bakayoko out initially I'd probably prefer Fab, Conte talked him up as a #10 recently too. But for me Alonso the best option in the price range if they don't sign competition.

Main thing I'd say is I think going without a city attacker is madness. I'm planning on 2. A wise man round these parts used to say pick players from teams that will score lots of goals.

Posted this on Twitter earlier in the week.

Average goals in the first 6 GWs last 4 seasons
    MCI 13.75
    CHE 11.25
    ARS 11.0
    MUN 10.0
    LIV 9.75
    TOT 7.5

It's a crude enough stat but reason I checked it was a gut that City had tended to score lots at the start of the season.

Couple of notes to refine them a bit, Chelsea's figure is inflated by some very high scoring games early in their title winning season. Remember Everton! They scored 19 in the first 6 that year and without that their average comes down to 8.0

Liverpools highest scoring start by far in the four seasons was last year under Klopp. 16 goals compared to 7, 8, 8 the previous seasons.

City's figures are consistently high, regardless of fixture difficulty. 14, 12, 12 and the highest of all, 17 last season under Pep.

I have Aguero and KdB in my current draft. I know it was only a friendly but KdB was unplayable vs Real the other night.

That was my first draft and had the day to myself yesterday to have a good look at it and do a bit of research so my team has changed quite a bit. I'm not going to bother with BB in gw 2 now so will have cork as my 4.5 mid. Looking at a back 3 of trippier,Alonso and bellerin or milner. It will be milner if fit. I have kdb in current draft but would prefer sane,Jesus or aguero will wait and see on that one. I don't think I'll start with Kane as wouldn't captain him till gw 3. Gw 2 is difficult for captain vardy possibly the best bet.
    Current team is
    Foster
    Milner Alonso trippier
    Kdb salah willian alli
    Jay rod lukaku Austin
    Elliott mee Morgan cork
    If I go for a big 3 at the back I'll change mee to long.
    Also will FPL wizard be updated.

Strikers are very poor

Also, Milner is too expensive. They signed a guy from hull to play left back. He could be benched.

Even if he's not he's still very expensive

Strikers are very poor

Also, Milner is too expensive. They signed a guy from hull to play left back. He could be benched.

I can't see milner getting benched occasional rotation. If classed as a defender last year he would have been the 3rd highest scoring defender. I agree on strikers not too comfortable with going with both Austin and jay rod come the start it will be one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Strikers are very poor

Robertson won't start ahead of Milner.

Milner is very attacking, on penalties and some free kicks from wide. If Liverpool sign a CB they will be a lot tighter defensively.

For anyone planning to go with a 'big 3' at the back, he is a good pick.

I think Robertson will start ahead of him.

All a game of opinions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I'd worry about Milner's game time too. If Robertson gets a run, then Milner gets pushed into a defensive midfield position, rotating and is not so valuable an asset...granted he is on pens. Also, injury doubt at the start puts me off. 

The Cedric news has had quite an impact on my team...changing up to Forster/Elliot in goal...decent fixtures up to October.

Forster Elliot

Tripper, Bailly, Luiz, Dunk, Long

Ramsey, KDB, Fabregas, Redmond, Carroll

Lukaku, Kane, Rodriguez

Pretty expensive defence, that I'm not that happy with! Trippier is a must have from the start I feel. Also think I need Man U defensive coverage....is Luiz really worth 6m? Chelsea weren't great defensively in the 2nd half of the season last year and I don't expect them to be as good in Europe this year.

Going without Liverpool at the start, also think they may struggle. Salah the only improvement and if Coutinho goes you're looking at a net decline overall. European football this year in the mix too.

This Cedric decision has me puzzled.

Say he doesn't start the season...who will go in right back ahead of him? I'll just pick him instead!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Say he doesn't start the season...who will go in right back ahead of him? I'll just pick him instead!?

Pied I think.
    Given he hasn't rejoined the team from holidays yet, I think it is unlikely he will start the first match but that's just my view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pied
    4.5 ...........

Cedric is first choice RB, but he played in Confed cup, so it looks like he wont start the first couple of matches...if you choose Pied he will play the first 2/3 but may lose his place thereafter, meaning neither are a safe option for the first few weeks.

Anyone moving to Yoshida/Stephens? Not the same attacking potential as Cedric, but nice opening fixtures.

Cedric is first choice RB, but he played in Confed cup, so it looks like he wont start the first couple of matches...if you choose Pied he will play the first 2/3 but may lose his place thereafter, meaning neither are a safe option for the first few weeks.

Anyone moving to Yoshida/Stephens? Not the same attacking potential as Cedric, but nice opening fixtures.

mectavba wrote: »

I may go yoshida
    He actually has more of a goal threat than Cedric .........

That was my first draft and had the day to myself yesterday to have a good look at it and do a bit of research so my team has changed quite a bit. I'm not going to bother with BB in gw 2 now so will have cork as my 4.5 mid. Looking at a back 3 of trippier,Alonso and bellerin or milner. It will be milner if fit. I have kdb in current draft but would prefer sane,Jesus or aguero will wait and see on that one. I don't think I'll start with Kane as wouldn't captain him till gw 3. Gw 2 is difficult for captain vardy possibly the best bet.
    Current team is
    Foster
    Milner Alonso trippier
    Kdb salah willian alli
    Jay rod lukaku Austin
    Elliott mee Morgan cork

Have emailed FPL Wizard a couple of times, no reply. Doesn't look good.

Sane was my favoured City mid too, but KdB looked good and sane only got 10mins. Wait and see there. I'll definitely have either Jesus or Aguero up front.

Have looked at a big front three team (as usual :)) and while it's viable enough (Kane, Lukaku, Aguero) the captain issue, Spurs low scoring start history and the value of Alli mean I think Austin plus 6m is better.

I've Alonso, Trippier and Cedric at the back in a 433 using Walters as 4th mid rotating with possibly Hegazi who's looking good so far to be a 4.5m starting WBA def.

• Advertisement

mectavba wrote: »

I'll probably move to Yoshida/Stephens yeah. Their opening fixtures mean a defender is must.

Current team is
    Foster
    Milner Alonso trippier
    Kdb salah willian alli
    Jay rod lukaku Austin
    Elliott mee Morgan cork

Have emailed FPL Wizard a couple of times, no reply. Doesn't look good.

Sane was my favoured City mid too, but KdB looked good and sane only got 10mins. Wait and see there. I'll definitely have either Jesus or Aguero up front.

Have looked at a big front three team (as usual :)) and while it's viable enough (Kane, Lukaku, Aguero) the captain issue, Spurs low scoring start history and the value of Alli mean I think Austin plus 6m is better.

I've Alonso, Trippier and Cedric at the back in a 433 using Walters as 4th mid rotating with possibly Hegazi who's looking good so far to be a 4.5m starting WBA def.
    Hegazi could solve a lot of issues for me
    Will be closely monitored

WBA fans saying he's been their best defender pre season. McAuley a major doubt for start of season. Played with 3 CBs in some of their friendlies. 6 foot 5 defender in a Pulisball team!

WBA fans saying he's been their best defender pre season. McAuley a major doubt for start of season. Played with 3 CBs in some of their friendlies. 6 foot 5 defender in a Pulisball team!
    Have just read through the reports too
    This could be the answer to my 4.5 ml defender prayers and solve my saints headache with Forster :D
    Would also allow me to upgrade lindelof to bailly if I want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Opinions welcome (and needed) on my team. I'm happy for now to not have Lukaku in there. Was considering bringing in Solanke instead of Benteke and upgrade more elsewhere but would worry about his minutes, so having no Liverpool could hurt potentially.

lmqz4F.jpg

• Advertisement

Liverpool have 5 games in 14 days. I'm probably going without initially.

Solanke not an option. Won't play. Definitely.

Pogba instead of mikhy cos I think he's more nailed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Right, think I'm finally happy.

Foster/Begovic rotation.

Trippier/Yedlin/Darmian

Sanchez/Willian/Tadic/Milivojevic

Lukaku/Defoe/Aguero

Bench:Walters/Dunk/Rangel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Right, think I'm finally happy.

Foster/Begovic rotation.

Trippier/Yedlin/Darmian

Sanchez/Willian/Tadic/Milivojevic

Lukaku/Defoe/Aguero

Bench:Walters/Dunk/Rangel

Highly unlikely Sanchez makes GW1 as he isn't back training yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭matthew the statue

Foster-Elliot
    Cedric-Azpi-Trippier-Rangel-Hunemeier
    Willian-Salah-De Bruyne-Zaha-Loftus Cheek
    Aguero-Morata-Chicharito

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

What you think of this side?

Foster fabianski
    Yoshida Alonso trippier dunk long
    KDB Phillips Carroll Zaha willian
    Austin lukaku Kane

Any suggestions on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Foster-Elliot
    Cedric-Azpi-Trippier-Rangel-Hunemeier
    Willian-Salah-De Bruyne-Zaha-Loftus Cheek
    Aguero-Morata-Chicharito

Thoughts?

I had loftus cheek also but was worried with the amount of ownership that he could drop to 4.3 in no time if he doesn't play much. Also I'd try to get a spurs mid or Kane in there. That's just me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Foster/Jaku

Stones Friend VVD (Amat, Mee)

Tadic Ayew Fabregas Maherz (Capoue)

Gray Vardy Aguero

Foster/Jaku

Stones Friend VVD (Amat, Mee)

Tadic Ayew Fabregas Maherz (Capoue)

Gray Vardy Aguero

Last year's team !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I might not be feeling well but I think I'm going to hold off on Cedric again for Southampton defensive cover. I didn't own him at all last season despite my love for him :pac:

Cedric's not back in preseason yet.
    Pied has been playing well in friendlies at right back and is available at 4.5

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/forgotten-frenchman-set-for-southampton-chance/

https://balls.co.uk/football/fantasy-premier-league-fixture-focus-southampton/

I think I'll be going for Yoshida or Bertrand for the start.

Bednarek's has been slated for his performance against Brentford, as has Forster.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/23/southampton-fans-react-to-jan-bednareks-performance-against-bren/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Very undecided on this draft. But potentially looking at:
    Foster (Elliot)
    Trippier Lindelof Yoshida Monreal (Long)
    Willian Tadic Salah (Loftus Cheek) (Carroll)
    Jesus Kane Lukaku

The goalkeeping combo feels like it picks itself. The only thing I'd consider doing is switching Foster/Lindelof for De Gea/Hegazi, if Hegazi became a certain starter. That doesn't seem like it'll be a sure thing, but my worry is that Lindelof might not be either. Just because he is there shiny new toy doesn't mean Mourinho will go with him from the outset. You could see Smalling, Jones or Blind start the season. It is one I'm worried about.

I feel like the Southampton fixtures are worthwhile at the start, and while downgrading Tadic to Ince, or Yoshida to a 4.5 might allow me upgrade Salah to Mane/Alli/Eriksen, I'm considering sticking with it. Can see Salah being an important player for Liverpool. Just whether I'm gonna trust that he will hit the ground running or take time to come into it, as players sometimes do when moving from abroad.

The front 3 is basically the dream scenario I think. I've placed alot of focus on penalty takers. Aguero has taken 13 in the last 3 seasons. If Jesus is taking them now (this is a big if and I'm eager for City to get a penalty in preseason to observe who takes it, then at a million cheaper it wouldn't be a difficult decision to go with. I feel like Kane and Lukaku are going to be difficult to go without.

My squad is certainly threadbare, but my feeling is that defenders and midfielders will emerge at cheaper prices in the first few games (they usually do) and I'll be able to use that cash to have a squad of 15 guaranteed starters.

I'm going with a low-risk squad (well at least I think so) to avoid needing an early wildcard. We'll have to see how that goes. I know alot of people feel Loftus Cheek is high risk, but if he starts he is a player you'd actually be happy to play in your team at 4.5 million. If he doesn't he will drop in price, but if he starts, the alternative opportunity cost is the valuable early season transfer you've to use bringing him in.

Thoughts on a postcard please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

CSF wrote: »
    Foster (Elliot)
    Jesus Kane Lukaku

That's a solid team.
    GK and defence is good although Lindelhof might not start.
    In the MF I am not keen on Tadic although it could work out.

Personally I think the forward line is too heavy- there is great value in the 6-7m bracket for a 3rd striker- Austin and Chicharito being the obvious ones- I'd downgrade one of your 3 and use the cash in the Midfield.

That's a solid team.
    GK and defence is good although Lindelhof might not start.
    In the MF I am not keen on Tadic although it could work out.

Personally I think the forward line is too heavy- there is great value in the 6-7m bracket for a 3rd striker- Austin and Chicharito being the obvious ones- I'd downgrade one of your 3 and use the cash in the Midfield.
    Thanks for having a look at the team.

With the approx 7 million range looking so attractive in midfield IMO, who in midfield is worth losing say Jesus (would probably be the one to go) for?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Foster (Elliot)
    Jesus Kane Lukaku

The goalkeeping combo feels like it picks itself. The only thing I'd consider doing is switching Foster/Lindelof for De Gea/Hegazi, if Hegazi became a certain starter. That doesn't seem like it'll be a sure thing, but my worry is that Lindelof might not be either. Just because he is there shiny new toy doesn't mean Mourinho will go with him from the outset. You could see Smalling, Jones or Blind start the season. It is one I'm worried about.

I feel like the Southampton fixtures are worthwhile at the start, and while downgrading Tadic to Ince, or Yoshida to a 4.5 might allow me upgrade Salah to Mane/Alli/Eriksen, I'm considering sticking with it. Can see Salah being an important player for Liverpool. Just whether I'm gonna trust that he will hit the ground running or take time to come into it, as players sometimes do when moving from abroad.

The front 3 is basically the dream scenario I think. I've placed alot of focus on penalty takers. Aguero has taken 13 in the last 3 seasons. If Jesus is taking them now (this is a big if and I'm eager for City to get a penalty in preseason to observe who takes it, then at a million cheaper it wouldn't be a difficult decision to go with. I feel like Kane and Lukaku are going to be difficult to go without.

My squad is certainly threadbare, but my feeling is that defenders and midfielders will emerge at cheaper prices in the first few games (they usually do) and I'll be able to use that cash to have a squad of 15 guaranteed starters.

I'm going with a low-risk squad (well at least I think so) to avoid needing an early wildcard. We'll have to see how that goes. I know alot of people feel Loftus Cheek is high risk, but if he starts he is a player you'd actually be happy to play in your team at 4.5 million. If he doesn't he will drop in price, but if he starts, the alternative opportunity cost is the valuable early season transfer you've to use bringing him in.

That's an interesting strategy to get that front 3 in. I'm a 343 kinda guy though so not overly keen on 2 weak midfielders, I prefer to have 2 defender bench fodder. Playing 4.5m defenders have more of chance of a clean sheet than a 4.5m midfielder has of an assist of goal in general I think and 4.5m defenders can work ok if 3 of them are rotated well. In terms of player picks - I think there are question marks over Lindelof, Salah and Willian - in terms of playing time or being new to the league. What's the Chelsea first 11 when Hazard returns? I prefer DeGea in the Utd defence for 5.5m. Salah is wait and see for me.

I looked at getting in this front 3 and looked like this -

De Gea Elliot
    Alonso Trippier Yedlin Mee Hunemeier
    Ramsey Fabregas Tadic Walters Carroll
    Kane Lukaku Jesus

No big hitter in midfield and not sure if Hunemeier will be a starter (4m) - he's the most owned 4m defender so I'm just slotting him in there until/if I can find a 4m defender that plays. Other option is to put DeBruyne in for Ramsey, put Chicarito in for Jesus and then get another 4.5m defender - that's sacrificing the big front 3 though and they provide great captaincy options each week.

Thanks for having a look at the team.

With the approx 7 million range looking so attractive in midfield IMO, who in midfield is worth losing say Jesus (would probably be the one to go) for?

If you drop Jesus for Austin, it gives you 4m so you can swap Tadic for a premium mid like Alli or Ozil and still have change to upgrade one of your 4.5m mids.
    I wouldn't start with RLC until I was sure he was nailed on (carroll is very solid 5th mid I think). So RLC to walters or someone like Ince could be the way to go there.

Edit: for Man City coverage after dropping Jesus you might go Tadic to Sane or KDB

But are Alli or Ozil more must have than Jesus? Alli could be if Spurs are as dominant as last year but I guess I'm making a judgement call that they won't. Kane and Trippier is enough Spurs for me right now.

But are Alli or Ozil more must have than Jesus? Alli could be if Spurs are as dominant as last year but I guess I'm making a judgement call that they won't. Kane and Trippier is enough Spurs for me right now.

Yeah it's all just feel for now but there are lots of other MF options. I'd just be wary of having so much invested up front, especially as I am not sure Jesus is nailed on :p
    Hows about Jesus to Austin and Tadic to KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

not many going with Sanchez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

zzfh wrote: »

Still hasn't trained.

• Advertisement

zzfh wrote: »

No because he won't start the first game(s). You can buy him back in if and when he starts or shows form.

My Second draft team now is:

Foster (Elliott)
    Trippier, Lindelof, Hegazi (Mee, Yedelin)
    Willian, KDB, Ozil, Walters (Carroll)
    Kane, Lukaku, Austin

Hegazi, Mee and Yedlin will rotate as will to a lesser extent Foster and Elliott and Walters and Carroll. Will look to bring Chicharito in for Austin after West Ham get over their opening fixtures.

Thoughts appreciated!

Advertisement