Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

km79 wrote: »
    They have nice fixtures but I've gone zaha
    I wouldn't get chicharito in for the 3 away games
    Maybe start with tekkers and monitor chicharito and west ham in general first ?

Could be the way to go.Palace v Huddersfield is more tempting than Chicharito away to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    First time I've had a chance to properly sit down and look at completing a draft. It will no doubt change a bit between now and the big kick off, but for now I think it's solid enough. Any thoughts and critique would be appreciated:

6af6eb70146d5946b3f0ea777cc6b745.png

Overall: I usually wildcard quite early and while it would be ideal to hold on to it for as long as possible, I have shaped my team heavily with players who have good starts on paper. Just something to bare in mind when analysing my selections.

Goalkeeper: . I know the West Brom defence was a let down in terms of clean sheets last year, but I do expect Pulis to have a bounceback year here. That, coupled with West Brom have to be in the top 3 for easiest starts from a defensive perspective, along with the fact that I never spend big on goalkeepers and I don't do rotation, means I am happy to roll with Foster here. Myhill was originally going to be my backup just to cover all bases, but it looks like Elliot will get the nod for Newcastle for the start of the season so an extra playing body for the same price will do. I won't rotate unless in very obvious circumstances but for the first 6 weeks there's only one week where I would, week 6 in which West Brom are away to Arsenal and Newcastle away to Brighton.

Defence: I want Manchester United coverage in defence, midfield and attack due to their extremely kind start and Mourinho's excellent second year record. I was a lot more confident about Lindelof's playing time prior to reading pre-season reports, so I may have to squeeze an extra £0.5m to get Bailly in, but I'll wait for now. I am cautious about Spurs and Wembley this season, but they have a relatively solid start fixture-wise and Trippier should be an assist magnet based on last season. Cedric is another who may not be ready to go week one, but can easily be switched to another Saint depending on how the next two weeks go. Overall, I know I need to do some work here on determining who will start for each respective club, but regardless I will likely be going with United/Spurs/Southampton defensive coverage either way. Newcastle have decent fixtures after their opener, and Yedlin is a £4.5m bench player who likes to get forward playing for a manager who should see them being relatively solid. I'm always happy to roll with one £4m filler so Long gets the honour.

Midfielder: I really, really wanted Sanchez as my big hitter in midfield, but the fact he hasn't even returned to training yet after having 3 summers in a row of international tournaments is concerning, as is the fact that his future is unclear. For £12m, there can't be any chances taken. That said, I wil; concede I could dismantle my whole team next Thursday night to have him in for the start :pac: Going with de Bruyne as my big hitter gives me City coverage for their nice start. He is as close to a guaranteed starter as it comes in that City midfield minefield and 6 goals and 21 assists last season says it all about his attacking threat. Willian is a very short term punt in the absence of Hazard. For anyone on the fence about him, have a look at his stats when Hazard is off the field. Pogba still managed 5 goals and 4 assists last year and with United signing Matic it should free him up to play further forward. I'm admittedly not fully convinced about his FPL potential, but there is promise there all things considered and I'll take a chance at £8m with their opening fixtures. I had Tadic at the start of last season and how he didn't manage to turn his creativity into points in those first 3 weeks I will never know. It still annoys me now! :pac: I really rate him and while he certainly wasn't bad last year, I think he will have a bounce back year to his 2015/2016 form. Again, that coupled with Southampton's opening fixtures have taken my fancy.

Attackers: Lukaku and Kane don't need any explanation really. As mentioned before, I am cautious about Spurs and Wembley but at that price point I would much rather be able to downgrade Kane than trying to scramble to fit him in if he continues where he has left off the last 3 seasons. The third striker spot is more tricky. I like Rodriguez and Austin at this price point starting off too, but West Brom's chance creation concerns me and Austin is not guaranteed to start. That leads me to Hernandez. A tricky opener, but the type of game where he could well score against his former club as we have seen happen with players in the past often. Next games are sou, new and then HUD. It's not ideal with 3 away games in a row, but apart from the opener they are hardly extremely tricky fixtures either. I do accept that this a bit risky as he will have high ownership and could drop, but at the moment I think I'll take the chance.

I think this team has both strong coverage from big teams and those who have strong starting fixtures and should see me keep up at the start if nothing else. Defence needs work in determining the starters but it will be United/Spurs/Southampton regardless of the personnel. Main worry would be no Arsenal coverage, but they traditionally don't start to well anyway, so really most specifically it's no Sanchez.

Have to be honest - You'll be lacking big time for points from your midfield there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    Not saying your logic isn't decent, still not sure I'd be willing to spend 5 million of my budget on it though. Looks as though De Gea may be the way into that defence.

I'm currently planning to spend 8m on my keepers. Upgrading to DDG is an extra 1.5m.

Upgrading a 4.5 def to Jones is worth 0.5 I think.
    Really gonna go with Elliot and a non-playing 4.0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Surprised with all the love for JWP here - I have him pegged as neat and tidy but not very threatening - a similar player to Tom Carroll at 4.5.

He was on set pieces and got lots of minutes last season and didn't get many points per game did he? What's changed?

Edit: 4 goals and 4 assists last year is actually pretty decent but only 3.1 points per game. Think I had him for the doubles and he blanked - must be what had me down on him.

I think if JWP nails down a place, he could be FF gold. He's looked like a player with good potential for a couple of years, so this is the year he needs to become a regular, I reckon. I got similarly burned on the DGW last year, but if I remember correctly he didn't start either game. 

He's in my squad for now, but I will monitor to see what his chances of starting are. I'll switch to J Walters if there is any doubt. They are the two best options at 5.5m for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Stephen868

Just looking for some feedback . Im worried about the lack of City Players / Arsenal
    Also a bit worried about Spurs playing at Wembley . They never really got going when playing there in the CL.
    But i dont think you can leave Kane out of your team as trying to get him in will be harder work unless you use your WC.

Foster

Luiz ---- Bailly --- Cedric --- Tripper

Pogba ---- Coutinho ---Willian

R.Lukaku --- Kane --- J Rod

SUB : Elliot - J. Walters - RLC - Rangel

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone opinions on my team will be greatly appreciated.

De Gea Elliot
    Yoshida Monreal Trippier Rangel Hünemeier
    Willian Coutinho(Salah if Coutinho sold) Tadic Alli Loftus-Cheek
    Lukaku Lacazette Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have to be honest - You'll be lacking big time for points from your midfield there.

It is a bit of a concern as I would certainly like another big hitter in there, but it is difficult financially.

With the way my team is set up, I think I'm in a good position to easily downgrade up front or at the back if a) the usual suspects don't fire and b) when cheaper defensive options become apparent.

I think those going without the likes of Kane for example will be in a world of bother dismantling their team to get him in if he explodes early whereas it's an easy downgrade to a Jesus/Aguero and then moving a Pogba/Willian to a Sarah/Coutinho if needed.

I know that's at the expense of my midfield to start but I have tried to alleviate it but going with those who have strong starts and am confident reassessing in a few gameweek.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My second attempt. I'm fully aware that I'm not that strong in midfield but I think it's a good squad for the first six gameweeks and I'm also definitely using my wildcard before gameweek 7 at the latest. Thoughts on this one please...

EesAdzDyWUmFbkRqTjcRSmK1Ra6St2_5d0H2sgywf70H0-K1PstcPKlG3ts9QxS_rIsjCQ8IfPqJLF4n0id4wcNibjpo16qPZsMkfMX0Flbgiioc9jAJPLeE0SHzI6lk3CWC3wy0xTf3WzvhDN2ptc_7wbaXGE48xrypqk-wqDlA8BySWhsVK9zzNMIy4f-GsRzV5wLli5FSf9YBkxbZLqW5_hEbB6DMiV_2eZONNxx2f0AmAs2zjlmkALVMHmN1e59tWrD1sA404rPcXA9v0k6XLdBRIa_lp0Zu6FxECso5Ay72CrBq7VP3ftp0R7GTXAupTMM6rcLP5T28eKev9Eg901sraw3TIx9cQ0b5GX5Hcm4zZNOZ_03qu9L055tI6fPiR3KFvuuRoqs9IBH7WzEmbVjyOgLZ4nMSQZ7ydtrmY2wes3Ij4wXrpZ8ql2yR0_FeF5G_vjGSauPBwpOhSQ4guW0GTuKGx54mqXpwcPVpdqSlm0ne7ZI1sFqFMReMDyaYnE5dV_r9cGyVhQWlLAMcrglqTKV_jVhcaPpOAgQ_IoSNax-ULZ8GIz_o_EgQJoQCqVgC5rvzAu8lTFIAgnbPgP8ISn5AaHt48oFWnapzYureL0kMNBvt=w1130-h635-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

eagle eye wrote: »
    My second attempt. I'm fully aware that I'm not that strong in midfield but I think it's a good squad for the first six gameweeks and I'm also definitely using my wildcard before gameweek 7 at the latest. Thoughts on this one please...

EesAdzDyWUmFbkRqTjcRSmK1Ra6St2_5d0H2sgywf70H0-K1PstcPKlG3ts9QxS_rIsjCQ8IfPqJLF4n0id4wcNibjpo16qPZsMkfMX0Flbgiioc9jAJPLeE0SHzI6lk3CWC3wy0xTf3WzvhDN2ptc_7wbaXGE48xrypqk-wqDlA8BySWhsVK9zzNMIy4f-GsRzV5wLli5FSf9YBkxbZLqW5_hEbB6DMiV_2eZONNxx2f0AmAs2zjlmkALVMHmN1e59tWrD1sA404rPcXA9v0k6XLdBRIa_lp0Zu6FxECso5Ay72CrBq7VP3ftp0R7GTXAupTMM6rcLP5T28eKev9Eg901sraw3TIx9cQ0b5GX5Hcm4zZNOZ_03qu9L055tI6fPiR3KFvuuRoqs9IBH7WzEmbVjyOgLZ4nMSQZ7ydtrmY2wes3Ij4wXrpZ8ql2yR0_FeF5G_vjGSauPBwpOhSQ4guW0GTuKGx54mqXpwcPVpdqSlm0ne7ZI1sFqFMReMDyaYnE5dV_r9cGyVhQWlLAMcrglqTKV_jVhcaPpOAgQ_IoSNax-ULZ8GIz_o_EgQJoQCqVgC5rvzAu8lTFIAgnbPgP8ISn5AaHt48oFWnapzYureL0kMNBvt=w1130-h635-no

Well just from a quick look you are VERY reliant on a small number of teams
    Triple Newcastle and double Brighton would not be something I'd be advising for a start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well just from a quick look you are VERY reliant on a small number of teams
    Triple Newcastle and double Brighton would not be something I'd be advising for a start
    I don't have any Brighton, they are both Huddersfield. The reason for these selections is price and fixtures.

Newcastle: Spurs(H), Huddersfield(A), West Ham(H), Swansea(A), Stoke(H), Brighton(A)

Huddersfield: Palace(A), Newcastle(H), Southampton(H), West Ham(A), Leicester(H), Burnley(A),

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Way too much in defence for me.

Downgrade defense/Goalkeepers, upgrade midfield.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I don't have any Brighton, they are both Huddersfield. The reason for these selections is price and fixtures.

Newcastle: Spurs(H), Huddersfield(A), West Ham(H), Swansea(A), Stoke(H), Brighton(A)

Huddersfield: Palace(A), Newcastle(H), Southampton(H), West Ham(A), Leicester(H), Burnley(A),

Sorry again I would blame my hungover state :D

Point remains though that you have 3 and 2 from two promoted teams along with 3 from another team and 2 from two others I think without looking back
    So that's 10 from only 4 teams
    Although you do have possibly 15 starters so you can rotate around a bit too

It's different and could work

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Foster /Fabianski
    Trippier /Dawson /Mee /Naunton /Cedric
    KDB/Alli /Ince/Willan /Romeu
    Jesus/ Lukaku /Gayle

I'm starting 343

Hoping Kane starts slow
    Sanchez may change things pre GW1

Comments please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mooy to Carroll saves money and talk ince is on set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »

I think those going without the likes of Kane for example will be in a world of bother dismantling their team to get him in if he explodes early whereas it's an easy downgrade to a Jesus/Aguero and then moving a Pogba/Willian to a Sarah/Coutinho if needed.

People always say that but everyone always finds a way with at worst a minus 8 hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Latest draft
    Foster
    Jones milner trippier
    Alli salah willian kdb
    Benteke lukaku austin
    Elliott Morgan long cork

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

My First draft (Yes I am late to the party.)

Goalkeeper
    Foster 4.5M
    (Elliot 4.0M)

Defenders
    Daniels 5.0M
    Francis 4.5M
    Jones 5.0M
    (Dunk 4.5M)
    (Mee 4.5M)

Midfield
    Fabregas 7.0M
    Salah 9.0M
    Alli 9.5M
    De Bruyne 10.0M
    Tadic 6.5M

Forwards
    Firmino 8.5M (A steal if he plays like last year)
    Lukaku 11.5M
    (Vokes 6.0M)

Going 352 at the moment. Might try to shave a million from somewhere and get Kane for Lukaku

All constructive opinion welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Goalkeeper
    Foster 4.5M
    (Elliot 4.0M)

Defenders
    Daniels 5.0M
    Francis 4.5M
    Jones 5.0M
    (Dunk 4.5M)
    (Mee 4.5M)

Midfield
    Fabregas 7.0M
    Salah 9.0M
    Alli 9.5M
    De Bruyne 10.0M
    Tadic 6.5M

Forwards
    Lukaku 11.5M
    (Vokes 6.0M)

Going 352 at the moment. Might try to shave a million from somewhere and get Kane for Lukaku

Double Bournemouth defence scares me.

Goalkeeper
    Foster 4.5M
    (Elliot 4.0M)

Defenders
    Daniels 5.0M
    Francis 4.5M
    Jones 5.0M
    (Dunk 4.5M)
    (Mee 4.5M)

Midfield
    Fabregas 7.0M
    Salah 9.0M
    Alli 9.5M
    De Bruyne 10.0M
    Tadic 6.5M

Forwards
    Lukaku 11.5M
    (Vokes 6.0M)

Double cherries defence is a big no from me
    If you are going 352 why spend 6ml on vokes ? Downgrade him
    But if I was was going 352 it would not be with firmino in the 2 especially when you have salah

Double Bournemouth defence scares me.

Your Right I had not realised:o. Had Simpson from Leicester in there originally

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Hart/Begovic

Cedric/Danilo/Mawson/Jones/Ogbonna

KDB/Pogba/Ritchie/Mooy/Salah

Morata/Lacazette/Chicarito

The bank is empty.

Thoughts please? Thinking 433 rotating backs with KDB Pogba & Salah

Double cherries defence is a big no from me
    If you are going 352 why spend 6ml on vokes ? Downgrade him
    But if I was was going 352 it would not be with firmino in the 2 especially when you have salah

I am changing the defense should not have had the 2 cherries. have not decided on 352 or 343 yet whichever it is Volkes or Tadic would be downgraded. I get what you say about Firmino also. Well be chopping and changing before the start

Your Right I had not realised:o. Had Simpson from Leicester in there originally

Going without Kane might be a mistake, it will be easier to downgrade him if he don't fire from the start .
    Leicester opening 6 matches are tough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Agree on other comments... Downgrade Vokes to a 5m forward and use the money to upgrade Tadic.

If I was playing 2 up front it would have to be the best possible 2... 2 from Aguero, Kane and Lukaku.

Definitely get rid one one bourmouth defender.

Edit... Bloody edit on the app gets rid of the quoted text.

So, re: busts team...

That's a lot on defense.

Never checked the stats personally but aren't clean sheets like hens teeth in the first few weeks of every season.

442 I assume.. Will you rotate Benteke with Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Edit... Bloody edit on the app gets rid of the quoted text.

So, re: busts team...

That's a lot on defense.

Never checked the stats personally but aren't clean sheets like hens teeth in the first few weeks of every season.

442 I assume.. Will you rotate Benteke with Austin?

Looking at 343 cork is my cheap mid. Benteke and Austin both play. With the defence I'm looking at Jones for C.S whereas with milner (pens) and trippier (assists ) I'd be hoping for attacking returns and maybe 1 cs in the first 3 for each. I could still end up with trippier and 4 4.5 defs which would be more my style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I could still end up with trippier and 4 4.5 defs which would be more my style.

That's what i'm on presently

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

bodking wrote: »
    Foster /Fabianski
    Jesus/ Lukaku /Gayle

I'm starting 343

Hoping Kane starts slow

Comments please.

Kane always starts slow. He is much too expensive this early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

With Nacho likely going to Leicester what do people think of him as third striker at 7.0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

With Nacho likely going to Leicester what do people think of him as third striker at 7.0?

He's a wait and see for me, especially when you can get proven PL goalscorers like Austin/Hernandez at the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He's a wait and see for me, especially when you can get proven PL goalscorers like Austin/Hernandez at the same price.

Don't like Hernández myself and I have Tadic so don't want to double down in Soton.

Currently sitting on

Begovic/Foster rotation

tripper/alonso/darmian/dawson
    KDB/Tadic/Mijo/Fabregas
    Lukaku/Lacazatte

Bench:Walters,Manquillo,Nacho

I'm very interested. It's a bit of a concern that he has not has pre-season with them, so perhaps will not start the first match. However, I would assume that if LEicster spend 25 mill on a striker, he is going to start. I think he will score goals and am surprised he hasn't moved to someone bigger. It will be interesting to see how he lines up with Vardy though.

Big Borg wrote: »
    bodking wrote: »
    Foster /Fabianski
    Jesus/ Lukaku /Gayle

I'm starting 343

Hoping Kane starts slow

Comments please.

Kane always starts slow. He is much too expensive this early.
    That conclusion is being made off a pretty small sample size right. He broke into the team in 14/15. Then in 15/16 and 16/17 he started slowly. It may well go that way again but I would say it is still very early days to say that a pattern has emerged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

That conclusion is being made off a pretty small sample size right. He broke into the team in 14/15. Then in 15/16 and 16/17 he started slowly. It may well go that way again but I would say it is still very early days to say that a pattern has emerged.

He has been pretty slow to get going after any injuries as well, seems to need to build up a bit of momentum/confidence but of course that may be different after the season he just had.

danganabu wrote: »

He has been pretty slow to get going after any injuries as well, seems to need to build up a bit of momentum/confidence but of course that may be different after the season he just had.
    I think most players are slow to get going after injuries though. I'm not necessarily saying that Kane and early starts isn't a thing. Merely just saying that there isn't sufficient evidence to indicate that is a thing just yet.

Couldn't do it , Kane back in . Easier to downgrade if he don't fire than to get in if he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Settled on this for a while now. Will probably change it after replies here though, no doubt :pac:

GK: Courtois (Fabianski)

Def: Danilo, Aké, Trippier (Mee, Hunemeier)

Mid: Loftus-Cheek, Salah, Sane, Mkhitaryan [May go to Pogba now that Matic has come in] (Walters)

Fwd: Abraham, Kane, Lukaku

I think I've captured most top teams bar Arsenal. Want a way into City's defence so chose Danilo, but open to change if people have a better suggestion?

Abraham @ 5.5 in attack is a gamble, but hoping Lukaku and Kane can make it pay off. Failing that, I already have the money invested into the two highest strikers so upgrading during the season should be easy if I have to drop one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Settled on this for a while now. Will probably change it after replies here though, no doubt :pac:

Mid: Loftus-Cheek, Salah, Sane, Mkhitaryan [May go to Pogba now that Matic has come in] (Walters)

I think I've captured most top teams bar Arsenal. Want a way into City's defence so chose Danilo, but open to change if people have a better suggestion?

Abraham @ 5.5 in attack is a gamble, but hoping Lukaku and Kane can make it pay off. Failing that, I already have the money invested into the two highest strikers so upgrading during the season should be easy if I have to drop one.

The MF is a little bit light, would you be happy playing Loftus Cheek every week? If have Courtois I expect you would play him every week so why not downgrade Fab to a 4.0m keeper and use it to upgrade elsewhere?

Also you could downgrade Abraham to a cheaper FWD if you don't think he will play much and upgrade in MF or maybe try to fit in an Arsenal DF? If you are going to play 3 at the back I would try to have 3 solid options sure of getting clean sheets etc rather than relying on Ake.

Just my opinion and I'm no expert :D

MagicIRL wrote: »

Danilo is a nice cheaper way into City's defence early on, but I reckon Mendy was bought as first choice and will be back in after a couple of weeks. If you have a premium GK in Courtois, you could downgrade Fabianski to Elliot and upgrade Danilo to Kompany, who will start every week he is fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Going with 3-4-3

Foster/Elliot
    Jones, Dawson,Trippier (Simpson, Rangel) Not 100% on Jones Yet
    Mhky, Sterling, Lallana, Walters (Cook). I think Lewis Cook is underrated and will do well this year.
    Kane, Aguero, Morato (Aguero is getting overlooked in error by many IMHO)

No Arsenal slight worry but chance I'm taking. Really liking the front 3 and don't think I compromised too much elsewhere to get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

mectavba wrote: »
    I would assume that if LEicster spend 25 mill on a striker, he is going to start.
    Thought that last year too....
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/31/islam-slimani-leicester-city-sporting-lisbon-club-record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thomasm wrote: »
    Going with 3-4-3

Foster/Elliot
    Jones, Dawson,Trippier (Simpson, Rangel) Not 100% on Jones Yet
    Mhky, Sterling, Lallana, Walters (Cook). I think Lewis Cook is underrated and will do well this year.
    Kane, Aguero, Morato (Aguero is getting overlooked in error by many IMHO)

No Arsenal slight worry but chance I'm taking. Really liking the front 3 and don't think I compromised too much elsewhere to get that
    I reckon there's a decent chance none of those midfielders start on opening day

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭timber train

My Team

Courtois Boruc

Alonso Ake Bertrand Mee Alderweireld

Ramsey Siggy De Bruyne Matty Phillips Sterling

J Rod Benteke King ......

any advice please and Thanks .

1 Mill to spare in the Fantasy Team above I forgot to add

1 Mill to spare in the Fantasy Team above I forgot to add

Your forward line is much much too light

• Advertisement

mmm it is ya kinda was lookin at the lesser players at the lesser clubs benteke and king and the rod could be
    just as good on there day as any front 3 ,,, but I might need 1 quality player maybe instead of rod mayb ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Awful front line.

Get one of the top 3 strikers in

Current Lineup is as follows:

Forster, (Elliot)

Kompany, Kolasinac, Bailly (Yedlin) (Long)

Zaha, KDB, JWP, Fabregas/Willian (will decided after C Shield) (Carroll)

Kane, Lukaku, Austin

Happy enough with it except for the inclusion of 3 Soton players, their good start notwithstanding. But JWP and Austin could offer excellent value and Forster seems like a safe way into their defence. In all likelihood, I will most likely drop one of them, just not sure where yet.

Alonso Ake Bertrand Mee Alderweireld

Far too much spent here. Downgrade Alderweireld to Tripper or even less

• Registered Users Posts: 37 The Dench

Long term lurker, first time poster to the FF thread.

Would appreciate any opinions on my team below :

Goalkeepers : De Gea (Elliot)

Defenders : Trippier Bailly Hegazi Bellerin (Morgan)

Midfielders : Ramsey Alli DeBruyne Loftus-Cheek (Ndidi)

Forwards : Jesus Lukaku (Rodriguez)

Happy enough with it but may swap out either or both of my Arsenal players depending upon performance in the charity shield.

I'd also like to fit in a Southampton player or two, given their opening fixtures but no one seems to be sure of who is a nailed on starter in their defence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement