Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rate my Team Thread 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone considering last year's hero Mr Bavies?

Rose is still out so he should start the first few weeks at least, same price as tripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone considering last year's hero Mr Bavies?

Rose is still out so he should start the first few weeks at least, same price as tripper.

Did Rose actually die or something?

I missed that, is it still the same injury? Love me a bit of Bavies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Any Arsenal fans here with what would be the best way into Arsenals team without going the Alexis route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Forster (Elliot)
    Alonso Stephens Danilo (Duffy) (Mee)
    Salah Fabregas Alli RLC (Walters)
    Jesus Lukaku Austin

Stephens was a good servant for me at the end of last season and I'd be surprised if hes not starting again. I seem to remember he scored a nice few BPs too so hoping for more of the same again. I always try to have 1 ex Rovers player in my starting lineup too, so thats why Duffy is there and rotation wise, Brighton are not too bad. Duffy is a good attacking threat too. Mee - because busts said so.

I don't actually want Lukaku in my team. I just hate him, but I have the fear about so many other people owning him that I'm concerned I'll miss out on hauls. I feel if he doesnt score in his first two games, I'll be moving him on and looking towards Morata hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Any Arsenal fans here with what would be the best way into Arsenals team without going the Alexis route?

Ramsey for me, when Arsenal switched to a back three it freed him up to play a bit further up the field and he looked a bit more like the player of a couple of seasons ago and the one who plays for Wales!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I'll chance it again..

What are people's thinking bought so on this?

Hart/Begovic

Cedric/Danilo/Mawson/Jones/Ogbonna

KDB/Pogba/Ritchie/Mooy/Salah

Morata/Lacazette/Chicarito

The bank is empty.

Thoughts please? Thinking 433 rotating backs with KDB Pogba & Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

gstack166 wrote: »
    I'll chance it again..

What are people's thinking bought so on this?

Hart/Begovic

Cedric/Danilo/Mawson/Jones/Ogbonna

KDB/Pogba/Ritchie/Mooy/Salah

Morata/Lacazette/Chicarito

The bank is empty.

Thoughts please? Thinking 433 rotating backs with KDB Pogba & Salah

If you're only going to play 3 in midfield, I'd downgrade Mooy to a 4.5 and put the 1.0 to a better fourth defender than mawson or ogbonna.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Rikand wrote: »
    Forster (Elliot)
    Alonso Stephens Danilo (Duffy) (Mee)
    Salah Fabregas Alli RLC (Walters)
    Jesus Lukaku Austin

Stephens was a good servant for me at the end of last season and I'd be surprised if hes not starting again. I seem to remember he scored a nice few BPs too so hoping for more of the same again. I always try to have 1 ex Rovers player in my starting lineup too, so thats why Duffy is there and rotation wise, Brighton are not too bad. Duffy is a good attacking threat too. Mee - because busts said so.

I don't actually want Lukaku in my team. I just hate him, but I have the fear about so many other people owning him that I'm concerned I'll miss out on hauls. I feel if he doesnt score in his first two games, I'll be moving him on and looking towards Morata hopefully.

You confident with double Southampton defence, even with their run of games?

What about a bench fodder defender and use the 0.5 for de gea to cover utd defence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Sure go on, give my team a bash. It's pretty meta really, but I've been tinkering with it a lot.

Courtois/Foster

Trippier/Jones/Mee/Naughton/Lascelles

Salah/Willian/Eriksen/Zaha/Carroll

Lukaku/Jesus/Hernandez

Have been going back and forth on a couple of choices:

Pogba+Kane or Salah + Lukaku

Eriksen + Hernandez or KDB + Rodriguez/Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Goalkeeper
    Foster 4.5M
    (Elliot 4.0M)

Defenders
    Daniels 5.0M
    Simpson 4.5M
    Jones 5.0M
    (Dunk 4.5M)
    (Mee 4.5M)

Midfield
    Fabregas 7.0M
    Salah 9.0M
    Snodgrass 6.0M
    De Bruyne 10.0M
    Lanzini 7.0M

Forwards
    Kane 12.5M
    Lukaku 11.5M
    (Robson Kanu 5.0M)

Going for a 352

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I reckon there's a decent chance none of those midfielders start on opening day

Thanks for feedback. Spoke to Utd and pool fans and they were sure Mhky and Lallana would start. Burnley fans are raving about Waters according to this page and Sterling is the only slight starting risk I think but at €2m less the KDB I can monitor that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Really gonna go with Elliot and a non-playing 4.0?

Probably. After GW1 they have a run of fixtures I'd be happy with Elliott in. Will Wildcard by gw6 at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Probably. After GW1 they have a run of fixtures I'd be happy with Elliott in. Will Wildcard by gw6 at the latest.
    I'm ideally not going with an early wildcard. Your idea is somewhat appealing (I'd considered it also) but I'm terrified Newcastle will sign some big name goalkeeper over the course of the weekend of Gameweek 1 and theres me ripping up my plans to trying to sort out my goalkeeping situation for Gameweek 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have totally revamped my team this morning, think this is close to what ill be going in with  (unsure of the double liverpool attack threat firmino/salah but theyve looked good in pre season)

De Gea/Foster
    Ake Trippier Yoshida (swap with Cedric when fit)  (Duffy Lascelles)
    Pogba Salah Zaha KDB     (Carroll)
    Lukaku Firmino Gabbiadini

Anyone have any thoughts/potential amendments?

Firmino is really starting to draw my attention.

I expect Liverpool to start the season strongly and he could be a steal at 8.5M.

I was planning on going Aguero or Kane + Lukaku and a 7m or less 3rd striker but now I have a new headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Have totally revamped my team this morning, think this is close to what ill be going in with  (unsure of the double liverpool attack threat firmino/salah but theyve looked good in pre season)

De Gea/Foster
    Ake Trippier Yoshida (swap with Cedric when fit)  (Duffy Lascelles)
    Pogba Salah Zaha KDB     (Carroll)
    Lukaku Firmino Gabbiadini

Anyone have any thoughts/potential amendments?

Downgrade foster to Elliot to save .5 ml . You will play de gea every week and there is a great chance Elliot is also a starter now
    Midfield is fine but personally I'm waiting on Salah......
    I just don't like firmino as a forward option . He was ok when an OOP midfielder but he just won't score enough as a striker for his price and all the other options available .
    And Gabbi.......no just no! Austin is just as or even more likely to start up front for same team and is able to take penalties and all for .5 less ;)

No spurs or Chelsea attackers..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Firmino is really starting to draw my attention.

I expect Liverpool to start the season strongly and he could be a steal at 8.5M.

I was planning on going Aguero or Kane + Lukaku and a 7m or less 3rd striker but now I have a new headache.

I've had him in many of my drafts so far and it's been a toss up between wanting Liverpool coverage & Southampton due to their nice start.

For me, it's Firmino (8.5) & Tadic (6.5) or Austin (6.5) & Salah (9.0) with the latter at the moment just edging it.

Austin has had a great pre-season and if fit, will score and will take penalties off Tadic. Salah likewise great pre-season along with Firmino but I don't think I can take the chance on starting with Tadic again

I've had him in many of my drafts so far and it's been a toss up between wanting Liverpool coverage & Southampton due to their nice start.

For me, it's Firmino (8.5) & Tadic (6.5) or Austin (6.5) & Salah (9.0) with the latter at the moment just edging it.

Austin has had a great pre-season and if fit, will score and will take penalties off Tadic. Salah likewise great pre-season along with Firmino but I don't think I can take the chance on starting with Tadic again

Firmino does not appeal to me at all
    For 8.5 I want a striker guaranteed to score goals and ideally on pens
    So Defoe , Austin, chicharito........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

km79 wrote: »

Firmino does not appeal to me at all
    For 8.5 I want a striker guaranteed to score goals and ideally on pens
    So Defoe , Austin, chicharito........

Are we sure Austin is a starter?

• Advertisement

Are we sure Austin is a starter?

No but he is equally and probably more likely a starter than gabbi who you have

Austin and Salah is the better option.

Or Austin and Coutinho is the same price if you want to be safer. (Coutinho possibly leaving aside)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Going for draft #100 at this stage and I think I'm fairly happy with it. Although I'd love for people to rip it apart for me.

Foster, Eliott (Foster is in nets for WBA's decent start, also there as I think Pulisball will sharpen up their defence even if they have a few injuries at the moment, if that doesn't work out too well initially Eliott looks set to start for Newcastle and have a nice start after Spurs in GW1)

Alonso, Danilo, Jones, Mee, Rosenior (Alonso is expensive at 7.0 I know but at the moment he looks set to start OOP and could be a decent way to get into Chelsea's midfield, Sunday should tell a lot about this, Danilo looks set to start with Mendy out and a decent way to get into City's team with a nice start. If he plays well, he may force his way in. Jones at 5.0 represents great value as I don't think Lindelof is going to start. Mee is a starting 4.5 bench fodder I can use if one of the aforementioned don't play so I can replace them, Rosenior is simply a bench fodder)

Zaha, Salah, Ramsey, Alli, Carroll (Zaha's first fixture at HUD is very tempting, Palace seem to score against Liverpool and I expect Zaha to have a good season again. Salah has had a great pre season from what I can see, usually don't like punting with newbies to the Prem along with Danilo but Mane is 0.5 too expensive and I think he;'ll score more than Cout although I could swap these. Firmino up top doesn't do it for me, Ramsey is having a great pre season from what I've been reading and in a more advanced role where he seems to flourish a few seasons back and for Wales. Alli might be swapped for Eriksen still and I need Spurs coverage, I'm stupidly not sold on Kane at 12.5 and could rue this. Carroll is my 4.5 MID choice, 4% ownership so hopefully won't drop if returns aren't great)

Lukaku, Jesus, Austin (Lukaku needs no intro for me, Premiership proven, will get better service and has had a nice pre season too. Jesus is a Pep player and although he might be out on the wing, he'll be hungry for goals and get in the midst of attacking returns. Austin is on pens, proven GS with a good start as long as he keeps fit and should start over Gabbi)

Going 3-4-3.

Concerns are my back three, Alonso isn't a great DF but his attacking returns aren't bad along with CS bonus IF he plays and Conte doesn't buy a replacement. Danilo & Jones are rotation risks I know but I might WC 5/6 weeks in if needs be (EDIT: Also, thought of going for De Gea, David Luiz, Kompany & Pied instead of Foster, Alonso, Danilo & Jones for the same money)

Happy with my MIDs & FORs, have coverage for all top 6 teams and Southampton who have a nice start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Going for draft #100 at this stage and I think I'm fairly happy with it. Although I'd love for people to rip it apart for me.

Foster, Eliott (Foster is in nets for WBA's decent start, also there as I think Pulisball will sharpen up their defence even if they have a few injuries at the moment, if that doesn't work out too well initially Eliott looks set to start for Newcastle and have a nice start after Spurs in GW1)

Alonso, Danilo, Jones, Mee, Rosenior (Alonso is expensive at 7.0 I know but at the moment he looks set to start OOP and could be a decent way to get into Chelsea's midfield, Sunday should tell a lot about this, Danilo looks set to start with Mendy out and a decent way to get into City's team with a nice start. If he plays well, he may force his way in. Jones at 5.0 represents great value as I don't think Lindelof is going to start. Mee is a starting 4.5 bench fodder I can use if one of the aforementioned don't play so I can replace them, Rosenior is simply a bench fodder)

Zaha, Salah, Ramsey, Alli, Carroll (Zaha's first fixture at HUD is very tempting, Palace seem to score against Liverpool and I expect Zaha to have a good season again. Salah has had a great pre season from what I can see, usually don't like punting with newbies to the Prem along with Danilo but Mane is 0.5 too expensive and I think he;'ll score more than Cout although I could swap these. Firmino up top doesn't do it for me, Ramsey is having a great pre season from what I've been reading and in a more advanced role where he seems to flourish a few seasons back and for Wales. Alli might be swapped for Eriksen still and I need Spurs coverage, I'm stupidly not sold on Kane at 12.5 and could rue this. Carroll is my 4.5 MID choice, 4% ownership so hopefully won't drop if returns aren't great)

Lukaku, Jesus, Austin (Lukaku needs no intro for me, Premiership proven, will get better service and has had a nice pre season too. Jesus is a Pep player and although he might be out on the wing, he'll be hungry for goals and get in the midst of attacking returns. Austin is on pens, proven GS with a good start as long as he keeps fit and should start over Gabbi)

Going 3-4-3.

Concerns are my back three, Alonso isn't a great DF but his attacking returns aren't bad along with CS bonus IF he plays and Conte doesn't buy a replacement. Danilo & Jones are rotation risks I know but I might WC 5/6 weeks in if needs be (EDIT: Also, thought of going for De Gea, David Luiz, Kompany & Pied instead of Foster, Alonso, Danilo & Jones for the same money)

Happy with my MIDs & FORs, have coverage for all top 6 teams and Southampton who have a nice start

Nice team, Zaha Is tempting, no Kane, but a few too many risks for me in defence maybe the De Gea , Kompany, Luiz route might be safer, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Similar team to Fr. H but I've no Liverpool cover. I did squeeze in Kane to go with 3 big guns. Mf suffers a bit but willing to take a gamble on Tadic with his fixtures. Happy to go 8.5m with keepers too until WC.

Will rotate RLC and Walters for the first 4 GWs if I resist the WC. Ramsey in for now but not convinced, that spot is up for grabs.

Foster, Elliot
    Alonso, Jones, Cederic (Mee, Rangel or ANother)
    Pogba, Rambo, Tadic, RLC / Walters
    Kane, Lukaku, Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

DDG | Elliot
    Alonso | Trippier | Cedric | Mee | Hünemeier
    Pogba | Salah | Ramsey | JWP | Carroll
    Kane | Jesus | Chicarito

0.5 itb - would prefer benteke instead of chicarito but finding hard to find the extra 0.5...

Any comments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I like that team. I feel tadic will have a great season.

I wouldn't risk Jesus. Wouldn't be shocked if he was on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

bezuaua wrote: »
    DDG | Elliot
    Kane | Jesus | Chicarito

0.5 itb - would prefer benteke instead of chicarito but finding hard to find the extra 0.5...

Any comments?

If you want a bargain midfielder to free funds go for dembele for spurs. Should play every week and hopefully create. Only 5.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

DDG | Elliot
    Kane | Jesus | Chicarito

Any comments?
    Bonus points for the fancy u

DDG | Elliot
    Kane | Jesus | Chicarito

Any comments?
    If lukakau starts well you are in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Fabianski /Foster
    Tomkins / Cedric / Dawson / Naunton / Mee
    Alli/ KDB / Willan / Ince / McArthur
    Kane / Lukaku / Austin

I'm planning 343 and saving 2 transfers . This may change depending on Sanchez ( community shield ) and Kane ( slow start or not ) .

Comments and suggestions with alternatives please .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

DDG/Elliot: 100% settled on these 2

Kompany Trippier Bertie 99% on these, all 3 shud provide good returns at both ends. (Duffy, Haidara 1 to play most games,the 2nd pure bench fodder)

KDB Salah,Rambo(All 3 looking good in pre- season)Fraser,cud be sneakly good,RLC(fodder)

Kun, Lukaku Jrod 1st 2 are no brainers, Jrod a wee gamble

Spurs attacking fear, but Wembley is stuck in my head

Happy enough with that,343 the preferred early option

All criticism gratefully recieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Be surprised if Jesus doesn't play. He finished season well. He could play both Sergio and Jesus!

Kompany Trippier Bertie 99% on these, all 3 shud provide good returns at both ends. (Duffy, Haidara 1 to play most games,the 2nd pure bench fodder)

KDB Salah,Rambo(All 3 looking good in pre- season)Fraser,cud be sneakly good,RLC(fodder)

If you are going to bench fodder I would go for McArthur instead of RLC . McArthur has some chance of game time and you like us all can monitor RLC .

Kun will share game time a best . Kane will be nailed on and you can downgrade if he don't come out firing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hennessy (Elliot)

Milner Bellerin Alonso Bertrand (Danilo)

Salah Coutinho Fabregas Ramsey (RLC)

Aguero Batshusyi (Quaner)

Happy with that team. Just trying to figure out who to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hennessy (Elliott)
    Pied Trippier Francis (Mee, Dunk)
    KDB Salah Mané RLC (Carroll)
    Kane Lukaku Austin

The thinking is that I'll have four 4.5m options(2 def, 2 mid) to pick one from every week. Enables a very strong-looking attack, with very nice captaincy options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

manual_man wrote: »
    Hennessy (Elliott)
    Pied Trippier Francis (Mee, Dunk)
    KDB Salah Mané RLC (Carroll)
    Kane Lukaku Austin

The thinking is that I'll have four 4.5m options(2 def, 2 mid) to pick one from every week. Enables a very strong-looking attack, with very nice captaincy options.

Very similar to what I'm looking to do:

Foster (Fabianski)
    Cedric Trippier Jones (Mee, Hegazi)
    KDB Salah Pogba RLC (Carroll)
    Kane Lukaku Austin

The above would have me starting Mee in weeks 2/4/6, and RLC or Hegazi in 1/3/5.
    I'd like to find a 1.0 somewhere to change Jones to Bailly, and I'm not loving a potential double Pulisball. Also worried over Austin gametime.

In defence I may look at DDG + Elliot to give United defensive cover, then change Jones to another 4.5 to add to my rotation.

Chesty08 wrote:
    Happy with that team. Just trying to figure out who to start

Crikey, your gonna have a tough time dropping one of those defenders...

Crikey, your gonna have a tough time dropping one of those defenders...

Never mind that
    He might have no strikers any given week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'm going early with a defensive strategy. Plenty of potential there with attacking full backs.

No one really knows what way the attackers will fire.

If it doesn't go to plan I don't mind playing early WC, if it does I could steal a march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might take a punt on Chadli as my 4th mid. He played at 10 last night and should still be on pens. West Brom's opening fixtures aren't too bad either.

Might take a punt on Chadli as my 4th mid. He played at 10 last night and should still be on pens. West Brom's opening fixtures aren't too bad either.

How much?

How much?

6m. Would give me a few weeks to see how the likes of Ince, Ritchie, Gross etc. fare.

Hmm Ritchie scored from a fk today. Also on pens and nice fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Hmm Ritchie scored from a fk today. Also on pens and nice fixtures.

Seen that, it has made my mind up for him to make draft 37 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

DDG | Elliot
    Bellerín | Daniels | Cedric | (Simpson) | (Rangel)
    Rambo | Mané | Zaha | Ritchie | (Capoue)
    Kane | Lukaku | Iheanacho

Going 3-4-3

Toss up between Chicarito / Iheanacho (assuming he goes to Leicester).

Would prefer Coutinho but at best he is going to be gone and at worst unsettled and underperform.

May all change after next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sane & Kane
    Or
    Ali & Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sane and Kane. Mane for the full house.

On my FPL notes from last season I have a insisted to myself to start this season with Chadli.

He's not in my team at the moment but my note was rather aggressive as if future me would ignore my advice.

I think I will have to start him as there are a shed load of players in that price bracket that could do well and it's an easy swap over if Chadli doesn't work out. But past me seems really convinced he'll do really well this season.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Sane & Kane
    Or
    Ali & Aguero?

This one was put up about 2 weeks ago and I said Sane & Kane.

Today I'm saying neither because Sane and Aguero are not guaranteed game time and that's a no go from me.

Advertisement