Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 12: 214.5km Pau-Peyragudes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Any attack would have been futile in the extreme.
    Sky still have four riders in the front group, they would have brought back any attack, easily

Not aimed at you, but why bother racing the rest of the tour, other than for a random stage win.

Maybe bring in horseracing style weight penalties, or deduct a couple of cogs from the block, relating to your overall position.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Would Dan and his team mates not give it a go, it's not as if they waited for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

So- should the like of Kwiato bite the bullet soon and go off to another team and actually try win the tour himself? Looking at whats on TV right now, he is blowing world class climbers off his wheel and climbing as good as anybody. And this is the guy who won the sprinters classic Milan San Remo - beat a chap called P Sagan that day. He also reminds me of a younger Edvald Boasen Hagen in 2012, another chap who managed to ride on the front for Sky like he was a pure bred climber too. Or even the day 6ft 4in Ian Stannard thinning out the peleton in the Pyrenees another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Please ban power meters, for the sake of cycling!!!!

power meters not allowed on the track and should also be banned on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Would Dan and his team mates not give it a go, it's not as if they waited for him?

I don't think Dan has any team mates left.

• Advertisement

topcat77 wrote: »

Recall this coming up on the commentary last year , think actually Quintana said he'd favor it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

You watching this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

While i'd love that to happen, they sponsor too many teams now and the amount of employees that would lose their jobs if they were banned.

Recall this coming up on the commentary last year , think actually Quintana said he'd favor it.

I don't think it'd make any difference to Quintana today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭Panrich

Itziger wrote: »
    Dan is in hanging on mode!

Hanging off the back a bit? Can't see as at work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

While i'd love that to happen, they sponsor too many teams now and the amount of employees that would lose their jobs if they were banned.

They can still sponsor them, and nothing stopping them using them in training.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

They could still use power meters, just surely ban on riders having live data.

Fuglsang is probably done and in a lot of pain so Aru barring some sort of massive attack that sticks or a grand coalition of non Sky riders doesn't have a chance. If only they could organise and attack together

Panrich wrote: »
    Hanging off the back a bit? Can't see as at work.

He's about 8th or 9th wheel in the front group being driven by Froome's guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

youd wonder how merrcx won so many races without a power meter

Aru looks very lively.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They can still sponsor them, and nothing stopping them using them in training.

I can't see why they would use them in training if they can't use them in the race.
    Anyway, this is bloody awful. Landa is nearly yawning while the rest can't get fluids into them fast enough:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

At work, only have this on and the tour website

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Alberto dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

This is really piss poor. 5km to go and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

If only the parliamentary enquiry was so bad for Sky they'd just f off out of cycling. Mountain stages as ever totally under their control.

• Advertisement

I can't see why they would use them in training if they can't use them in the race.
    Anyway, this is bloody awful. Landa is nearly yawning while the rest can't get fluids into them fast enough:mad:

I'd wish he went all Rogue like he did at the Giro a few years ago and start attacking Froome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Contador dropped just before the top of the peyresourde.

In France and finally getting to see a stage on television!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Kirby has Froome down for the win.

The only that can save this stage is if Dan wins

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'd wish he went all Rogue like he did at the Giro a few years ago and start attacking Froome

I was just about to post the same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭griffin100

Dan looking as comfortable as he ever does.

velo.2010 wrote: »
    What was that all about? Sky made a mistake and the group waits!

Don't wait for anyone in the final 50km. Make it a rule FFS.

Froome is almost sleep-cycling to his 4th Tour win.

It's one thing waiting on a mechanical, or even a bad crash, but that was bad bike handling, and a misjudged corner. They should've gunned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

forget 8 man teams next year for this 5 or 6 man teams it should be

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's one thing waiting on a mechanical, or even a bad crash, but that was bad bike handling, and a misjudged corner. They should've gunned it.

Who should have gunned it?

• Advertisement

WTF is this

Advertisement