Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction hob installation

Options
  • 12-07-2017 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Installing a hotpoint CE644CE hob. Granite has been cut and the electrician left me a junction box to connect to.

The manual just shows that you add the adhesive installation all around and that's that.
    However it was supplied with 4 metal clips and screws. These don't appear anywhere in the manual.
    Reluctant to seal it until I am sure what these are for or that they are not needed.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭J.R.

They are used to clamp it down to stop it lifting or moving

Go to about 11.00 to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Dont bother using them. We always lift the induction hob to clean under the edges.black Bosch on black granite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks JR.
    I thought it was something like that, but it does not show anything in the manual and it is certainly not obvious where they attach from looking at the unit itself.

Attached pic of the clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Thanks JR.
    I thought it was something like that, but it does not show anything in the manual and it is certainly not obvious where they attach from looking at the unit itself.

Attached pic of the clip

They look different to what I was expecting. The clamps I had in mind were bendy, that would bend to be inserted and then expand to clamp in place. Those look like they'd need to be screwed to attach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,028 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

They look different to what I was expecting. The clamps I had in mind were bendy, that would bend to be inserted and then expand to clamp in place. Those look like they'd need to be screwed to attach.
    Designed for use with wooden counter top. Don't worry about them. Just fit the foam strip, sit the hob in, and connect. It'll go nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

dodzy wrote: »
    Designed for use with wooden counter top. Don't worry about them. Just fit the foam strip, sit the hob in, and connect. It'll go nowhere.

Yeah, I'm sorry we use the clips that came with ours. It's sitting slightly up from the counter and likely to get more gunk under it because of that.

Advertisement