Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Apple Watch from Apple ID

Options
  • 12-07-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm after buying an Apple Watch from a reputable source but found it's attached to an Apple ID as I went to pair it with my phone.
    Is there any work-around with this or anyone I can go to to to fix this?
    It's come with it's original box,charger etc so I don't doubt its authenticity. I've also got a receipt & comeback from the shop!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Go back to the shop.
    It's a paperweight without the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

kceire wrote: »
    Go back to the shop.
    It's a paperweight without the details.

I'm gathering that,......
    Have a call coming from Apple support tomorrow ....Find it hard to believe there's no workaround,.....gonna speak to a few phone shop's etc before I bite the bullet & return :~(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Surely it would be easier to got straight back to the shop. Why are you letting them off the hook when they sold you a product that shouldn't have been sold?

bee06 wrote: »
    Surely it would be easier to got straight back to the shop. Why are you letting them off the hook when they sold you a product that shouldn't have been sold?

,......got a bit of a bargain!
    Didn't cop the lock feature 'till I got home,the place tends to test & grade the products they bring in so had more faith in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

sandyxxx wrote: »
    Have a call coming from Apple support tomorrow ....Find it hard to believe there's no workaround,.....gonna speak to a few phone shop's etc before I bite the bullet & return :~(

No workaround is the whole point. It's a security feature to discourage theft

• Advertisement

No workaround is the whole point. It's a security feature to discourage theft

,.....yeah,I'm guessing my unlocked iPhone has the same feature so guess it's reassuring in some ways!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sandyxxx wrote: »

Waste of time. It's the security feature. No point talking to Apple, they wouldn't even release the code for a guys phone that died, his parents wanted the photos from the phone. Releasing the code undermines the whole security system.

Just go back to the shop as they may have contact with the original owner who can pass on the password or reset it remotely on iCloud.

kceire wrote: »
    Waste of time. It's the security feature. No point talking to Apple, they wouldn't even release the code for a guys phone that died, his parents wanted the photos from the phone. Releasing the code undermines the whole security system.

Just go back to the shop as they may have contact with the original owner who can pass on the password or reset it remotely on iCloud.

.....shop took it back,no issues as expected,.....they seemed pissed at whoever checked it in & said they'd call me if they could resolve the issue through the seller,.....Apple said they'd untether it if I could provide the original purchase receipt,which was more than I'd expected!

Advertisement