Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what channel is mcrgregor vs mayweather on? ** MOD Warning in 1st Post

Options
  • 12-07-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Have they announced what channel the fight is on ? is it bt or sky box office hopefully bt as it would be free for me!

MOD Warning: Anyone that posts or request the whereabouts of illegal streams for this fight, will result in a ban.

Official link here : https://skyboxoffice.neulion.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sky Sports Box Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Haha really you think this will be on BT for free ?! ... one of if potentially the biggest ever money fight on free to a number of BT subscribers.. Eh no.

Sky box office, I don't know if that's announced but I'd bet my house on it that it's there and nowhere else except dodgy stop start streams.

M

Probably a €25 event I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GreenIrish

i know man but i read in newspaper was between the two can anyone give me a link saying which one it is and the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Lucky my special box has box office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Probably a €25 event I'd say.

At least a 50/60 event I would say. Possibly more.

Edit just checked and Floyd v Manny was only €25. Still think they'll hike the price a bit for this but not as high as I originally said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

liam7831 wrote: »
    Lucky my special box has box office

Has the legislation not come in yet to make those illegal, not that that will stop people of course.

All of that said its like drink driving, if they dont bother enforcing it why make it illegal?

M

mdwexford wrote: »

Edit just checked and Floyd v Manny was only €25. Still think they'll hike the price a bit for this but not as high as I originally said.

Could be, the standard pricing for almost all fights in US pay per view is $50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

Prob wont hear any definite confirmation until the London press conference

M

pac_man wrote: »
    BT seem to be providing press conference coverage for this fight. Where has it been confirmed that it's on Sky?

Paddy Power have it down as Sky Box Office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 GreenIrish

Paddy Power have it down as Sky Box Office.

i think they just assumed but there is apparently a bidding war between Bt and Sky for rights to show the fight. I think we will officially find out this friday as there will be a press conference in london. the others were in america and canada and they said how to watch the fight so i'd assume they would do the same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mdwexford wrote: »

Joe Rogan said they could charge $100 and people would still buy it. I had thought it would be around the €25 mark but now I'm wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

It will be 6am over here, I would imagine 35 euro for Irish and somehow usual price of 19.99 stg for British subs if on sky. US prices have nothing to do with price over here not comparable with the time it will be shown, harder to organise parties like they do in the states where people group and offset the high prices by watching with mates and neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Should be on the The Comedy Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Seen something that ITV are in the mix for the rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

ITV hosted the tv for UK presser

snowflaker wrote: »
    ITV hosted the tv for UK presser

ITV was hosting the fight that was on in that building the very next night (Eubank) and they agreed to let Conor/Mayweather use the building so they can promote their own fight........ I am 90% sure anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It's listed on Oddschecker as being on BT Sports 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Sky Box Office for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

This will make the GGG-Brook build up on Sky look reasonable. Sky love to hype up a massive mismatch. Nelson and Smith in their element feeding the public absolute nonsense. SSN will be unbearable for the next month.

• Advertisement
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Is there any way to buy the ppv if your provider is eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

qwabercd wrote: »
    Is there any way to buy the ppv if your provider is eir?

I tweeted NOW TV and asked them about it.

https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/can-i-watch-sky-sports-box-office-events-on-now-tv

I'll be ordering from them and watching on my laptop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

Is there any website I can just go to and pay for a HD stream? No subscription or signing up for anything?

Is there any website I can just go to and pay for a HD stream? No subscription or signing up for anything?

That's what the link I posted above is. A one-off stream, no subscription.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

That's what the link I posted above is. A one-off stream, no subscription.

I did click that but thought that required a Now TV Box - I'll read it properly this time :D

I did click that but thought that required a Now TV Box - I'll read it properly this time :D

They might try and flog you one anyway, either from dishonesty or else because they're not paying attention. I had to explain everything twice to them. Here's how my conversation went:

Me: Possible to watch Mayweather-McGregor, on a laptop, with good broadband? In Ireland - Don't have a TV or any kind of TV service.

Them: Thanks for getting in touch. Do you have NOW TV at the moment?

Me: No.

Them:
    If you purchase a NOW TV box here is how you can watch Sky Box office with it :
    https://help.nowtv.com/ie/article/can-i-watch-sky-sports-box-office-events-on-now-tv

Me: Do I need a box though? The link you sent me seems to say otherwise. Again, I don't have a TV.

Them: You can watch on a PC or Mac by ordering using the link in the help article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mr Starman

Its on RTE.

Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So one of the biggest sporting events in our life is happening on Aug 26th and if your tv subscription is with Eir you cannot watch it.
    I switched from Virgin Media to Eir when VM dropped the bt sports channels and I couldn't survive without ring able to watch the many big live UFC events.
    But even with VM it used to be possible to pay for ye big boxing events on sky ppv, which I often did with mayweather, Frisch/groves.
    I'd happily pay the €25 fee but it's just not available to Eir customers even though you can have sky sports/movies in your subscription. This seems crazy.
    Anyone know why Eir are not proving this ppv option via their workings with Sky??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Someone mentioned that you will be able to order the fight and stream it on your PC/laptop:
    http://www.skysports.com/competitions/10539101/faqs-sky-sports-box-office-live

Not sure if this will be available for May/Mac though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement