Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any point in upgrading euro lock cylinders?

Options
  • 13-07-2017 7:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hopefully a quick query. I'm looking at installing ABS Avocet locks in 4 doors around the house.
    Trying to find burglary stats to decide if it's worth while.
    I mean if the normal route of entry is just a brick through a window is there any point?
    Have a house alarm with a mix of open/close sensors and PIRs.
    Cheers,
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Roen wrote: »
    Hi,

Hopefully a quick query. I'm looking at installing ABS Avocet locks in 4 doors around the house.
    Trying to find burglary stats to decide if it's worth while.
    I mean if the normal route of entry is just a brick through a window is there any point?
    Have a house alarm with a mix of open/close sensors and PIRs.
    Cheers,
    R.
    Would you consider other anti_snap lock's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I would recommend getting the anti-snap locks. I come across a lot more lock snapping than window smashing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

12 seconds is all it takes to snap a lock, it is also makes a lot less noise than a brick smashing through glass

I would definitely recommend fitting an antisnap lock, but ABS avocet gave me extremely bad support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Thanks lads. Appreciated!
    Are there other brands that beat ABS?

I'll belt into it next pay day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

horse7 wrote: »
    I would definitely recommend fitting an antisnap lock, but ABS avocet gave me extremely bad support.

Just on this Horse, are you a professional installer or did you replace your own locks when you say they were lacking in support?
    I'd only be getting two pairs of two keyed alike locks and installing myself.

Roen wrote: »
    Just on this Horse, are you a professional installer or did you replace your own locks when you say they were lacking in support?
    I'd only be getting two pairs of two keyed alike locks and installing myself.

Had an ABS for about 18months and some of it came apart. It wasn't interfered with. But it took 6months to a year for avocet to give me a replacement unit. Considering the premium price you pay for the product I would have expected better support service.

Advertisement