Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players to watch this (2017/2018) season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chicharito having west ham medical

km79 wrote: »

Whaaaaaaaaat ?

What a striker.

8.0m ? (Not real price I mean FPL price )

Whaaaaaaaaat ?

What a striker.

His real price isn't much more
    Can't believe some of the top 6 are not snapping him up .......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Whaaaaaaaaat ?

What a striker.

He shouldn't be any more than this really, but you never know. 7.5m would be my guess. And he will go straight into my team. Rom-Kane-Chic will be the common template I would say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Whaaaaaaaaat ?

What a striker.

He could be an absolute steal at that price.

West Ham have done very well this summer, Zabaleta, Hart and potentially Chicarito & Arnie could be big big signings for them, could be the top team outside of the top 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chicharito could be brilliant. 7.5 and he's a no brainer. I'd say he'll be 8.0.

Plus he'll enable you to add an elite player elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Steve Mounié 6m Huddersfield

Scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As the resident west ham fan, I'm avoiding them like the plague at the moment. Drew 0-0 in a friendly yesterday, after which Bilic said the team aren't even scoring in training!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Shedite27 wrote: »
    As the resident west ham fan, I'm avoiding them like the plague at the moment. Drew 0-0 in a friendly yesterday, after which Bilic said the team aren't even scoring in training!

Starting with 3 away games as well

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Shedite27 wrote: »

He also played in Confed cup and doesn't look super trim at the moment !
    An option after a few weeks hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Steve Mounié 5m Huddersfield

Scored 14 goals in Ligue 1 last season.

6m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Think starting off with Defoe and monitoring Chicarito might be the best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Palace have a rake of midfielders. Will RLC even get much gametime?
    I read somewhere that Puncheon has been made captain. I think it is a genuine concern that he will not necessarily be a regular starter...hopefully closer to starting day will be easier to gauge. Palace have a nice opening fixture too.

Seen this on Reddit from a Bournemouth fan so it may be of use to solving the 4.5 midfielder conundrum
    Lewis Cook (4.5 mid) got 2 assists in 4 appearances last season. Only started towards the end of the season but he's looked incredibly promising and his cutting through balls to the attacking players are fantastic. Not 100% nailed because of competition from Gosling but it's looking increasingly likely he'll start for us.

He has been a Football Manager Wonderkid if that's anything to go by :pac:
    And he was captain in the U-20 FIFA World Cup for England which they won, scoring 1 goal and providing 1 assist in 6 games he played in

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

There's a lot of chatter about Phil Fodden for City after last night match against United.

Some very high praise coming from Pep
    "I don’t have words - I would like to have the right words to describe what I saw," said Guardiola of Foden's display in Houston.

"You are the lucky guys who saw the first game, for the first team for Manchester City, of this guy.

"It’s a long time since I saw something like this. His performance was another level. He’s 17 years old, he’s a City player, he grew up in the academy, he loves the club, he’s a City fan and for us he’s a gift.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/21/another-level-phil-foden-can-homegrown-star-manchester-city/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is Chilwell likely to break into the starting XI for Leicester this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is Chilwell likely to break into the starting XI for Leicester this year?

Any whiff of this and he is in my team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Had a quick glance through and didn't see name mentioned.

Kieran Dowell for Everton. Has played pre seasons friendlies and scored two crackers. Plays as a playmaker and was very good for the U23.

I just checked and he's not even in the FF Everton team >< 4.5-5M I'm guessing if so.

Lingard starts again for united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Lingard starts again for united

He is a Jose favourite.

• Advertisement

Lokilo added as a 4.5 midfielder.

Very very interesting. 18 year old Belgian player that De Boer has promoted to play with the first team.

I think he started the last 2 pre season matches.

He plays as a striker or off the striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lokilo added as a 4.5 midfielder.

Very very interesting. 18 year old Belgian player that De Boer has promoted to play with the first team.

I think he started the last 2 pre season matches.

He plays as a striker or off the striker.

Started three of the four serious pre season matches, could well be worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

They reckon he's a starter on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/comments/6s1dfd/overview_preseason_at_a_glance/

What's the craic with Joselu? I see he has 4 goals in preseason but not much chatter about it

Andre Gray to Watford confirmed.

Means Walters will probably be in my team for sure now, but is Gray a decent shout at 6.5

Scored 9 goals last year, 3 assists but the whole suspension, etc probably put a spanner in the works and he may have had a good season otherwise, was highly tipped even on here prior to the season starting last year.

Scored 4 goals for Burnley in pre season and he'll be nailed on.

(LIV, bou, BRI, sou, MCI, swa) first 6 games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

For anyone considering Huddersfield, given their first 6 GWs, defender Lowe 4.5M could be their penalty taker according to FFScout in their Set Piece section.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ElTel wrote: »
    For anyone considering Huddersfield, given their first 6 GWs, defender Lowe 4.5M could be their penalty taker according to FFScout in their Set Piece section.

Already have him as part of my Huddersfield/Brighton rotating defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

F1ngers wrote: »
    Already have him as part of my Huddersfield/Brighton rotating defenders.

I know I was saying a little while ago about all the pre-season fuss made over rotation but I'm now highly considering a Lowe/Suttner rotation to be able to afford a better attack and midfield.

Cheers lads for the tips. What a great community we have here.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Any Liverpool fans able to give an opinion?

Moreno seems great value at 4.5m
    He's had a good pre season and some comments Klopp has made recently suggests to me he might start the season at LB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any Liverpool fans able to give an opinion?

Moreno seems great value at 4.5m
    He's had a good pre season and some comments Klopp has made recently suggests to me he might start the season at LB

He is shocking steer clear. If he does play there will be no clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I know I was saying a little while ago about all the pre-season fuss made over rotation but I'm now highly considering a Lowe/Suttner rotation to be able to afford a better attack and midfield.

Cheers lads for the tips. What a great community we have here.

Why Suttner? I've seen a lot of Dunk and Duffy in teams, haven't seen much Suttner. Any of them wing backs :)

Advertisement