Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players to watch this (2017/2018) season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A Chelsea defender is a must have in a couple of weeks, Christensen would certainly be a big headache saver in terms of funds if he could nail down a spot but I think it's unlikely..

Forking out for Azpi should be worth it, he's incredibly consistent in terms of minutes played, doesn't seem to ever get injured or need resting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    A Chelsea defender is a must have in a couple of weeks, Christensen would certainly be a big headache saver in terms of funds if he could nail down a spot but I think it's unlikely..

Forking out for Azpi should be worth it, he's incredibly consistent in terms of minutes played, doesn't seem to ever get injured or need resting

Loves them bonus points too. Though if Alonso wakes up he may be less popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Well you've certainly put him on my radar with that analysis!

Don't love players who won't guarantee me even the 2 points generally. I'll likely use the transfers and the funds to get a United defender (or two) which is clearly missing from my team at the moment, but with the lack of mid range striker options out there I may well consider Rashford if I end up axeing Morata

So... do we expect Rashford to start this weekend? He's played in every United game this year but seems to be at risk of being rotated with Martial.

He featured in both England's international games but tiredness shouldn't be an issue at his age...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

PVA wrote: »
    Well you've certainly put him on my radar with that analysis!

Don't love players who won't guarantee me even the 2 points generally.  I'll likely use the transfers and the funds to get a United defender (or two) which is clearly missing from my team at the moment, but with the lack of mid range striker options out there I may well consider Rashford if I end up axeing Morata

So... do we expect Rashford to start this weekend? He's played in every United game this year but seems to be at risk of being rotated with Martial.

He featured in both England's international games but tiredness shouldn't be an issue at his age...
    Zlatan back in the squad this weekend so except his gametime to drop imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The goal west ham scored Saturday was all about the delivery, supplied by the sublime Matsuaka. I tipped him in preseason for the watchlist, still think he's miles better than Cresswell.

Last 3 games he's got a goal and 2 assists (goal in the league cup), and they haven't conceded while he was on the pitch.

Not one to buy now, but at 4.4 he will be gold if he gets a run with WH's decent fixtures.

Bumping this for later when he racks up an assist and CS.

4.4 defender playing tonight as a winger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bumping this for later when he racks up an assist and CS.

4.4 defender playing tonight as a winger

Hopefully an assist at least!

Zeegelaar (Watford def, 4.4) has made an impressive start to his PL career.

Bought in the summer from Sporting Lisbon, finally got his chance at left wing back ahead of Holebas and in 2 games he's got:
    2 clean Sheets
    2 assists
    5 bonus points

United and Spurs up next for Watford but if he can cement his place for those he'll be a good addition for the Christmas period with Burnley, Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, Leicester and Swansea between 12th-30th December

EDIT: Meant to add, had a look at a few responses from Watford fans on Twitter, most seem to think he';s a superior player than Holebas and definitely time Holebas was given some competition.

Bought in the summer from Sporting Lisbon, finally got his chance at left wing back ahead of Holebas and in 2 games he's got:
    2 clean Sheets
    2 assists
    5 bonus points

United and Spurs up next for Watford but if he can cement his place for those he'll be a good addition for the Christmas period with Burnley, Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton, Leicester and Swansea between 12th-30th December

EDIT: Meant to add, had a look at a few responses from Watford fans on Twitter, most seem to think he';s a superior player than Holebas and definitely time Holebas was given some competition.

Came on here to post about this lad!

Watching MOTD and very impressed. I suppose any team that is playing 5-3-2 (3-5-2, 3-4-2-1 whatever you want to call it) the wing backs are going to be very attractive options.

But yeah he looked to be getting forward an awful lot and has a great cross on him.

If he looks nailed on he's a no-brainer to bring in

Looked like a 4.4m version of Kolasinac yesterday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Would femenia for .1 more not be a more sensible option for now. Will get much the same returns you would imagine.

• Advertisement

Would femenia for .1 more not be a more sensible option for now. Will get much the same returns you would imagine.

Yeah definitely safer / more nailed on at the mo.

But he is "one to watch" undoubtedly, if he starts the next few he's a better option based on recent viewing and returns, looks incredibly attack minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ben Chilwell will hopefully keep his place - would be a great buy at 4.3 and Leicester look to be tightening up at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ben Chilwell will hopefully keep his place - would be a great buy at 4.3 and Leicester look to be tightening up at the back

Fuchs has missed the last two for the birth of his kid.

ElTel wrote: »
    Fuchs has missed the last two for the birth of his kid.

Ah well, thanks for that - had checked for injuries but didn't realise about his new child! Still might make the odd appearance with the xmas fixture congestion I guess or off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Cuco Martina 4.3 played the last 2 games for everton, 2 clean sheets in 2 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Mike3549 wrote: »
    Cuco Martina 4.3 played the last 2 games for everton, 2 clean sheets in 2 gameweeks.

Disclaimer:

This man is still Cuco Martina.

Treat with extreme caution

Gudmundson 5.0 should be a decent option now. He has been playing well and has 4 assists already and with Brady out he is nailed on to play every game over the busy Xmas period. He will probably see an increase in set pieces aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gudmundson 5.0 should be a decent option now. He has been playing well and has 4 assists already and with Brady out he is nailed on to play every game over the busy Xmas period. He will probably see an increase in set pieces aswell.

It's a Burnley attacker though.

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's a Burnley attacker though.

At 5 I think he is fairly priced. Plus your buying into the least rotation manager there is out there.

Gudmundson assist.

• Advertisement

2 clean Sheets
    2 assists
    5 bonus points

0, 1, -2 and a 3 game ban since I posted this :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ah, THAT'S who put the idea of Zeegalaar in my head ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Aye, I was suckered I too. Brutal.

Who to replace him with now is the question.

De hoorn of Swansea has played 90 in the last 7 I think but I already gave Naughton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I suppose it would be silly to chance Holebas for the next 3? Probably a transfer waiting to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Aye, I was suckered I too. Brutal.

Who to replace him with now is the question.

De hoorn of Swansea has played 90 in the last 7 I think but I already gave Naughton

I've plummed for mariappa purely because he's only 4.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

You seem to have a superfluous "D" in your user name.;)

I see Chilwell still seems to be getting his game, though not exactly a clean sheet magnet :o
    Touch run of fixtures too but only 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Wimmer at 4.2 now and Cameron at 4.3. Stoke in terrible form but a new manager could change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brought Paul Dummett in at 4.2 to raise funds. Rafa seems to love him and they might tighten up now that Lascelles is also back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Luke Shaw at 4.9 could be amazing value if he becomes nailed.

Started 3 of the last 5 for United including the BOU game, getting a CS

Will be watching this Bristol City game with Shaw interest, I wouldn't be surprised to see him start a lot of the PL games over Christmas and into January. All going well, displace Young at LB

Advertisement