Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Aquathlon Champs

Options
  • 13-07-2017 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Coosan Point near Athlone on July 22nd

I've never swam here- has anyone any idea of swim/run courses? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

The swim is in Lough Ree, its a nice calm lake which we train in all the time. The transition will be at the waters edge. The run is an out and back. Leaving transition you will run up an incline through the car park then left on to the road you drove in. It has a few hills but nothing too severe. Athlone tri club hosted the last race in the midlands aquathon series last week and it was a great success with over 120 participants. I know plans are well under way for what should be a great event. I'll try to answer any other questions you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

I looked at the athlone website and didn't see the course. See it a 1k swim and 5k run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    The swim is in Lough Ree, its a nice calm lake which we train in all the time. The transition will be at the waters edge. The run is an out and back. Leaving transition you will run up an incline through the car park then left on to the road you drove in. It has a few hills but nothing too severe. Athlone tri club hosted the last race in the midlands aquathon series last week and it was a great success with over 120 participants. I know plans are well under way for what should be a great event. I'll try to answer any other questions you may have.

Thanks Mos Eisley- looking forward to your event! No big deal in that we'll take whatever comes, but if you had a link of the run course (U14/U16/Jurassic) that would be appreciated! More importantly I guess- trail shoes or road runners? Thanks!:)

Oh runners all the way. Theres a small bit of gravel to start but its 95% Tarmac The map will be in the race brief which will be emailed soon if it hasn't already been sent. Best of luck and enjoy, hopefully the weather will be as good as today :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement