Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ludovico Einaudi 15th July 3Arena

Options
  • 13-07-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is any kind of support act for this or if he'll be on stage at 8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There is a "special guest," according to the poster. No idea of stage times, I'm afraid. Sometimes the promoter or 3Arena will tweet them out though.

DEhI_F0W0AAlSvc.jpg

🤪

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3arena facebook page posted about it, just says show at 8 unfortunately.

Very much looking forward to it anyway!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭emmettu2

I have 2 spare tickets for this as I can't go, if anyone needs any. I can email them to you. Less thab cost price is fine. Just send a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Incredible performance. The 30 minute solo was sublime. He made it all seem so effortless. Wonderful talent and an absolute privilege to have seen him live.

As for the fúcking morons who drink too much and need to leave every 30 minutes, why bother coming to a concert of this nature? If you have a medical condition, then fair enough, but there aren't that many with such issues to warrant the number getting up and down multiple times during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Falthyron wrote: »
    Incredible performance. The 30 minute solo was sublime. He made it all seem so effortless. Wonderful talent and an absolute privilege to have seen him live.

As for the fúcking morons who drink too much and need to leave every 30 minutes, why bother coming to a concert of this nature? If you have a medical condition, then fair enough, but there aren't that many with such issues to warrant the number getting up and down multiple times during the night.

+1 incredible performance, my first time seeing him live and loved it but the constant stream of people in out was very distracting. There was a girl in front who got completely ****faced, at one point she came back from the bar clambered over somebody to get to her seat then she staggered out again, she was so out of it she couldn't find her way out! Encountered the same crap at Ennio Morricone in Kilmainham a few years ago, people constantly going in and out to the bar for drinks, and that was a really short concert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Magnificent performance. First time seeing him and it was everything I hoped for.

Crowd in my immediate vicinity were pretty well behaved. Always makes me sad to see people getting up and down during a show like this.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Really enjoyable performance, though the lack of audience interaction (until the very end of the encore) makes me hesitate calling it great. I actually thought the solo part toward the end of the first part of the gig was a bit odd, I couldn't fully get into it, even if I loved hearing the medley of pieces - though maybe it was because of the distraction of the crowd going in and out to the jacks, in waves. One lad two rows in front of me was ejected for being ****faced and aggressive, which really did jar us out of the mood, very strange as it was the first 15 minutes or so. Didn't see what kicked it off either, really odd given the concert that was in it.

Anyway, the parts with the band were fantastic, really glad I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don’t know if it was the uncomfortable chair, or the seat I had way up the back, or the constant burr of the air conditioning system but I thought the whole thing was a bit ‘meh’.

I wasn’t a big fan of the opening act, they had a couple of interesting tunes but the vast majority of them sounded the exact same.

Now I’m a big fan of einaudi, I love listening and playing his music and this is the first time I’ve seen him live. But I just thought the whole thing was a little bit, hmm, boring maybe. I’m not sure his style of music is one that’s suited for a large live venue like that. I don’t know what it was really that didn’t click with me.

The solo piano part was definitely the highlight of it for me, that was good. I left not too long after that though, I just wasn’t feeling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,651 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Don't understand the thinking of people who go to a classical music concert and get absolutely locked drunk. Really and truly. Very much doubt that any other venue on his tour been forced to remove audience members for drunk and disorderly type behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I wasn’t a big fan of the opening act, they had a couple of interesting tunes but the vast majority of them sounded the exact same.

They were a bit dull alright, but I won't write them off just yet. I don't think they're suited to a big audience like that, but I'll listen a bit to them on a streaming service if I can. Seems like it might be decent in-studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Really enjoyed the gig, but the air conditioning noise was so annoying, especially during the solo parts.

Advertisement