Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a name from a tv programme please

• 13-07-2017 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know the title says TV, but I'm posting it here as, (unless I am really mistaken) I think only an Oulwan or Oulfella wil be able come up with the answer.

Who was the mechanic on the afternoon program Live at Three? He may not have been a mechanic but was very knowledgable about cars and my OH ascribes her knowledge of cars to his tips. :)

Thanks in advance

W

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Sorry, only remember Derek and Thelma. Perhaps you should contact RTE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

not having even heard of the show I am stuck for an answer, but perhaps this will help someone answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Wasn't he called something cosy like Uncle Pat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

A bit late seeing this thread now I suppose, but I seem to recall his surname was Corrigan. Can't remember the first name though!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

Many thanks for your help folks. I had no luck but am ever hopeful. Maybe a serendipitous break may help. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

Fair play to you Ten Pin!!! Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭GG21057

myshirt wrote:
    Ah that's bullsh't. He who shouts the loudest. Extract as much as you can get away with. That was for a different time and age. We have a more progressive society now. You are taking it out of context.

What car is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

That first name has been bouncing around me head since I read the post but I couldn't nail it down !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

GG21057 wrote: »
    What car is that?

Its funny, it took almost two months to finally get this man's name (well done, that man), and now we can't remember what car that is! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Austin mini metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭yknaa

Wasn't the full title of the show 'Live at three .... dead at 10 past' ;-)

Advertisement