Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know the name of this plant?

Options
  • 13-07-2017 1:35pm

This plant is growing outside my house. It was planted by a previous owner, and although Ive seen it quite regularly in other gardens, I'm afraid I have no idea what it is! I'm sure it's a common household name.

What I most like about it, is the beautiful scent. It smells like a citrus ice-cream.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

Is it Rose of Sharon or also called Johnswort??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,527 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, that's hypericum or st. john's wort.

Thanks guys!

Now that Ive asked one question, I might ask one more.

I havr this plant in the conservatory that was a house warming gift. It died through a lethal blend of starvation and from having been used as an ashtray.

Id like to buy a replacement before the donor, my sister, comes to visit.

The plant is in an advanced stage of death but you guys might be able to tell me what it is/ was.

It never had any leaves or flowers, just these bulbous sprouts throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It appears to be some sort of a sedum, but exactly which one (there are lots of them) I am not sure.

Edit - my first thought was that it was a String of Beads / Rosary plant but I think sedum is more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

It looks like a sedum (also called stonecrop). They actually don't need much watering if you do replace it....and maybe a few less cigarette butts!

• Advertisement
Advertisement