Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ordinary - what worked for you

Options
  • 13-07-2017 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

I've been using a good few or their products and some of them are grand for the price but on a whole I've been underwhelmed!

I will say however, after stopping using it for two months and coming back to it, the Retinoid 2% is actually amazing! I've been using it on my face and hands (the excess) both look so much more supple and radiant because of the improvement to the texture of my skin. I'd 100% recommend it!!

Their full coverage foundation is awful and will probably go in the bin soon enough :( I don't understand the hype at all, really chalky consistency.

What products would you recommend from them?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

There's a bricks and mortar Deciem shop here in London so I went there to check out the whole range. I knew I wanted Hyaluronic Acid and a Vit C product (Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%) so got both of these and the Buffet and am very happy with all of these. I've since ordered my second Buffet from ASOS.

I might try the AHA + BHA Peeling Solution and the Retinoid 2% soon. Also really want to try the Hylamide HA Blur primer (I know it's not The Ordinary but still from Deciem)

I looked at the two different foundations in the shop and decided against trying either even though they were v cheap. Happy with my Lily Lolo mineral makeup for now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

There's a bricks and mortar Deciem shop here in London so I went there to check out the whole range.

Do you mind if I ask where the shop is? There's a chance I might be in London next month and I wouldn't mind having a look there. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miss nesbit

Its an absolute minefield trying to figure out what is for what and when...

I've just purchased the retinoid, hyloronic acid, serum foundation and lactic acid.

The foundation is lovely... it feels like a 2nd skin not sticky or chalky.
    It is very liquidy and not super coverage so you would need a concealer with it.
    I got the palest shade (1.N i think) and its very pale even for me, but thats good that it matchs my neck!
    If you sweat you would need powder for sure

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Do you mind if I ask where the shop is? There's a chance I might be in London next month and I wouldn't mind having a look there. Thanks :)

It's over in Spitalfields, a few mins walk from Liverpool Street station. Great part of London to visit anyway - Urban Decay and Benefit have shops there too and there's a big indoor market. It's also a few mins walk from Brick Lane market, and there are loads of vintage clothes shops in the area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Wouldn't be without Niacinamide. Its just brilliant I am on my third bottle. Also like the caffeine for under my  eyes

How do you apply the Niacinamide sashafierce (if you don't mind me asking)? Is it drying?

I have oily skin and sometimes I feel I don't need a moisturiser during the day, so just apply spf directly after cleanser.... so just wondering if I'd need to add in a moisturiser to counteract it if it was too drying...

Also do you apply the niacinamide during the day or at night. What kind of results did you find from it? And was it a slow process or fast acting? (Sorry for all the questions!!)

(Without taking the thread off topic - I'm thinking of buying the niacinamide and the azeliac acid...... both seem to suitable for oily acne prone skin, would love to hear feedback from anyone who has used these)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's over in Spitalfields, a few mins walk from Liverpool Street station. Great part of London to visit anyway - Urban Decay and Benefit have shops there too and there's a big indoor market. It's also a few mins walk from Brick Lane market, and there are loads of vintage clothes shops in the area too.

Have just seen this now. I stayed in Shoreditch a few years ago so I know whereabouts you mean. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Where are the Irish based boardsies getting The Ordinary products? All online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

La_Gordy wrote: »

I ordered mine directly from the deciem website. No customs because they ship from London and it arrived within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

La_Gordy wrote: »

Cloud 10 beauty is handy and arrives next day if you want to pay for it or a couple of days if you go for the free delivery over €30 and you can get other bits too!

Otherwise there's deciem or asos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Inish pharmacy also stock and post.

Some of the stuff scares me though. I've terribly sensitive skin, and have little knowledge of the AHA and BHA in these products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

La.de.da wrote: »
    Inish pharmacy also stock and post.

Some of the stuff scares me though. I've terribly sensitive skin, and have little knowledge of the AHA and BHA in these products.

So have I and if you build it up slowly it works fine, plus you can go back a step if you get a reaction.

Just do research and find out what you need to know, what suits your skin and what you're trying to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

I bought mine on ASOS, never checked the pricing though. I got hylaronic acid; too early to tell if it's any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I use alpha arbutin, niacinamide and rosehip oil most days. Every few days I swap out the niacinamide for the vitamin C solution (they react with each other so can't use together. I've noticed a great difference in my skin, it's helped cleared up my redness and pigmentation and I also get less breakouts. I bu from Victoria Health, delivery is free over €30.

I want to give some of the acids a go but will do a bit more research first. If anyone else is looking for skin advice, I'd suggest The Skin Nerd, she explains exactly how different products work on your skin. I follow her on snapchat and I get her newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Has anyone else broken out using the Niacinamide? I used it for about 3 days and have been afraid to use it since!

I've been loving the Matryxil serum and the NIOD SDSM mist and have repurchased both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dustypearl

I found the Niacinamide really good! I also love the Retinol and the Vitamin C. I don't know if I would re-buy the buffet as I didn't think it really does anything. I also have the lactic acid and it stinks so bad I can hardly use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was really underwhelmed by this brand as a whole. I'm not sure there's anything I'd repurchase again.

I bought the Hyaluronic acid2%-found this to be meh. I prefer my Hydraluron by Indeed Labs- it's more moisturising and I see the benefits more with it.

Advanced Retinoid 2%- I've been using retinol oils for about a year now so maybe my skin is just used to them, but I found this did absolutely nothing to my skin. Not good, not bad, I saw and felt no difference.

The High Adherence Silicone primer- did not like this at all. It left my skin feeling greasy and the minute I put it on I knew I'd made a mistake.

Natural moisturising factors- again, just greasy. I felt like it left a film of grease on my skin that just wouldn't absorb.

Vitamin C Suspension- this pills like crazy and I only ever use it when I know I'm not going anywhere the next day as my face feels like a melted grease bomb the next day. Again with the grease!

I liked the Rosehip oil but sure it's hard to get that wrong. But overall I wouldn't purchase anything again. Maybe I just bought the wrong products? Or maybe they're just not for my skin type, seeing as the majority of the products just made me feel greasy and ick.

Advertisement