Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly Drawn Boy - Galway 29th July

Options
  • 13-07-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I see Badly Drawn Boy is playing Galway on 29th July as part of the Arts Festival there. Looks like a small venue, could be a good gig?

Whats he like these days? Listening to him on Deezer at the moment and he has some excellent songs, hard to believe his first album is some 17 years old now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Well, you're taking a chance but I would say "go for it". As you say, he has some superb music and is a very interesting character but he can do some serious rambling in his intros (Billy Bragg-style) and you are liable to get a lot of talk and not a whole lot of music!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I saw him twice last year - once at Vantastival and once at Stendhal. It was just him and a guitar - no backing band. Boring. I managed four songs at Vantastival and one song at Stendhal.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement