Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-Time Passwords

Options
  • 13-07-2017 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am very worried about this. 
    Firstly I do not have a mobile phone and have no wish to own one. Does that mean I can no longer purchase using my credit card?
    Or does this only apply to Ireland?
    It sounds very time-consuming anyway. If there is a queue of people behind someone. Is it not going to hold everyone up?
    Could you offer some practical explanation. I am not sure I want to possess a mobile. Is there another way of doing this?
    A lot of stupid questions, maybe, but I am very concerned about this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I am very worried about this.
    Firstly I do not have a mobile phone and have no wish to own one. Does that mean I can no longer purchase using my credit card?
    Or does this only apply to Ireland?
    It sounds very time-consuming anyway. If there is a queue of people behind someone. Is it not going to hold everyone up?
    Could you offer some practical explanation. I am not sure I want to possess a mobile. Is there another way of doing this?
    A lot of stupid questions, maybe, but I am very concerned about this.
    Hi theloniusplonk,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You will need to have a mobile phone to receive the code when you purchase something on any website that participates with 3D Secure passcodes. The text will be sent to your registered mobile as soon as you click on the option to send it on the Passcode screen upon purchasing.

If you want to register a mobile number to use, please call our Passcodes team on 0818 200370 and they will be happy to set this up for you. We have a FAQ page on One Time Passcodes here for more information.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sarah, is this replacing verified by visa or in addition to?
    Haven't been able to use my debit card online for any site which uses verified by visa since I got the new one maybe 18 months / 2 years ago as it keeps locking up when I try to set a password....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Sarah, is this replacing verified by visa or in addition to?
    Haven't been able to use my debit card online for any site which uses verified by visa since I got the new one maybe 18 months / 2 years ago as it keeps locking up when I try to set a password....
    Hi RacoonQueen,

Yes this is to replace Verified by Visa so you will no longer need to remember that password or reset it. :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement