Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good places for first dates cork?

Options
  • 13-07-2017 6:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭

Liberty grill? You see some of the girls I've happened to be asking on recently were in their early 20s. It's a different type of courting at that young - it seems as if they don't really date as such, so when I ask them out, they get a bit surprised. Let's just say I don't really end up at house parties acting like I don't give a fcuk so I prefer to ask them out.

Last time I brought a girl to the Woodford, and she suggested that we move to reardens to get food there instead. And more recently I suggested Orso while acting very self assured, but inside feeling a bit "I hope that doesn't sound weird"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

Wierdo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

pah wrote: »
    Wierdo
    I think I remember you! You called me 'weirdo' after an awkward date. I'm sorry for the bad choice of restaurant that night!

But by helping me now, maybe you can at least make sure that what happened to you, doesn't happen to other girls!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Steppin Out

The Cork people are definitely a bit coy about how they 'get it' and like to keep it a mystery. As Dez Bishop
    said, "the Irish don't date, they shift"

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wifey2017

nandos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hillbillys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Maggiemay13

Cafe Mexicana might be a good shout, if you like Mexican food (obviously!). Kinda has a young, cool vibe to it. Always liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

A coffee in the park is good. Why waste your money on a dinner. If you're having a good time then suggest ye go somewhere to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cafe Mexicana might be a good shout, if you like Mexican food (obviously!). Kinda has a young, cool vibe to it. Always liked the place.

Why not try out Tequila Jacks on Lapps Quay? New Mexican restaurant to match the date!

Why not try out Tequila Jacks on Lapps Quay? New Mexican restaurant to match the date!

Popped in there with the missus the other day. Looked at the menu. €20 for a fajita. Walked straight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Went for a first date in The Brog for a few drinks which would be somewhere I rarely went to but had a great time and now we're engaged and building a house so I'd have to recommend it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Popped in there with the missus the other day. Looked at the menu. €20 for a fajita. Walked straight out.

Myself and my Mrs had dinner there just after they opened. I wouldn't be into hot or spicy foods but I have to say the grub was superb.

Mrs has since been back in there with our daughter and reported back the same. Very impressed with the place.

I'm hearing too many people say "the missus". If only a few singles (who hook up) were reporting back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Dead right too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Tightwad. Your poor poor wife - in more ways than one (that's why I said 'poor' twice)

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Tightwad. Your poor poor wife - in more ways than one (that's why I said 'poor' twice)

She would have kicked me in the balls if I bought a fajita for €20.

She would have kicked me in the balls if I bought a fajita for €20.
    And then you'd have to kick her in the pussy!

Advertisement