Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will BOI LATM accept Cheque with Red pen signature?

Options
  • 13-07-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a cheque today from a supplier, the signature on the cheque is in red pen. 

Its perfectly legible, will this lodge ok in the machines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Buttercake wrote: »
    Hi,

I received a cheque today from a supplier, the signature on the cheque is in red pen. 

It will accept it but the image generator thingy can't see red pen so it will be delayed until it can be physically looked at to see if it is signed as they will be aware this can happen.This will be at the end of the day when they have access to the machine.When they see it is signed they will process it.

Happened to me in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Buttercake wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi Buttercake,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Yes you can lodge this cheque to your account at a lodgement machine. Depending on the ink colour the machine may not register the signature, in this instance please lodge it at the counter in your branch.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement