Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird work situation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Beanie5

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million for all the support and advice, it's definitely helped a lot!

As regards taking stress leave, I'm hoping to avoid it. I don't want to feel like I'm being driven out of the company by a bully.

I've been quite vocal on how I feel about working with this person though. I just hope something is done and this doesn't end up affecting my career negatively.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing an old thread up again, but this whole case is finally coming to an end for me. Last week the person in question was found guilty of harassment, sexual harassment and bullying. While I'm very relieved, I have absolutely no idea what to expect next...anyone ever had this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Squatman

Beanie5 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Sorry for bringing an old thread up again, but this whole case is finally coming to an end for me. Last week the person in question was found guilty of harassment, sexual harassment and bullying. While I'm very relieved, I have absolutely no idea what to expect next...anyone ever had this before?

Well done Beanie. and thanks a million for the update:D onwards and upwards

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hi Guys,

'Guilty' by your HR people or guilty in Court?

By the Hr investigative team who were to be impartial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Beanie glad its worked OK forya.

Thanks for updating the thread.

All the very best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Wow.

Just read all this, I'm really chuffed it went this way for you , this guy is vermin and should be put out the door.

I was very relieved when I read bit about him wanting you to drive to meeting . I feel you could have put yourself at danger .

Well done you

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Awful story, I’m glad that it’s been resolved for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Hi Guys,

Can't say I have any experience, but each of them topics on there own are at least serious gross misconduct and at worst for the employer could warrant some a court case if you pushed for it.

I'd imagine he will be suspended and eventually let go. In fact the seriousness of them three topics, could just warrant him getting out right let go on the spot.

What a pheking weirdo, had to say it, but I hope he is out of the workplace for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

I remember this thread. What an absolute sleazeball. Am so glad he is getting his comeuppance OP. Hope you are ok x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Is he getting sacked for gross misconduct?

If he stays on, it would be an awful environment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Have you asked HR what is going to happen, or at least a time frame for when this will be closed?

If you work in the private sector I expect he will be fired. If it's a college or public sector they may let him keep his Job and give him a written warning which could only last six months.

Have you spoken to a solicitor. If they don't fire him and you have to report to him still I'd go to an solisotor with a view to going to an employment tribunal for mediation, make it clear you don't feel safe around him and they have a duty of care towards you. If you think they are not going to fire him then go to a solicitor now as you may be able to force the issue.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a million for all the positive messages and support!!

So it hasn't officially gone to the hr department here yet, so no decision. That's kind of what I'm wondering? It's private sector so they would hardly keep him on would they?

Advertisement