Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying for removal of former tenants furniture.

Options
  • 13-07-2017 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Moved into a part furnished house last year. Agency sent an email to my girlfriend only asking if we wanted a couple of items of furniture that was left.

English is not my gf first language so she assumed it was use of the furniture and not ownership so we were happy to use it.

On moving out and after rent review the agency are charging us 187 for the removal of this furniture as in their minds they meant for us to take ownership of the furniture.

We are pondering whether to challenge this? It's my gf money and she wants to challenge. Idon't know if it would be worth it as it would have cost us more to buy new items and they may just add extra things as they are not sending a final single report but bit by bit.

Its a pity as we could have arranged for a charity to take it for free if it had been better corresponded.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

The furniture wasn't the agency's to give away so it's their problem not yours.

I'd fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Guy Sajer wrote: »

Its a pity as we could have arranged for a charity to take it for free if it had been better corresponded.

Can you not still do that? Furniture is removed for free so everyone wins?

Advertisement