Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to fibre

Options
  • 13-07-2017 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I am getting conflicting information from different sales people.I am an Eir customer.
    Fibre is going live in my area on 26th of this month. I want to place an order. When I spoke to a sales person on the phone today she told me that if I placed an order today I would immediately lose my existing service until fibre is installed.
    This sounds incredible. Can you verify that information.
    Chatted on line this evening to a sales rep, probably not in this country. This sales rep assured me that if I place an order my service will not be interrupted until fibre is being installed.
    Who is correct?
    At the moment I am afraid to place an order.
    Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi garroff,

Thanks for getting in touch and I do apologise for the confusion caused.

When upgrading to fibre to the home (FTTH), your current broadband connection needs to be downgraded in order to install the new service and this would disconnect your broadband.

If it is not yet available to you and you are looking to pre-order, you may not have a broadband connection until an installation has been arranged.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement