Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC blue screen auto shutdown and restarts

Options
  • 13-07-2017 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

When I turn my PC on it's starts up and all sounds normal. Then the screen goes blue (with text etc) and it shuts down and auto restarts... then the same thing happens. Not sure what to do with the info on screen. Will try post pic here.
    Sometimes it stay strong on longer then others but not longer than a couple of seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

When I turn my PC on it's starts up and all sounds normal. Then the screen goes blue (with text etc) and it shuts down and auto restarts... then the same thing happens. Not sure what to do with the info on screen. Will try post pic here.
    Sometimes it stay strong on longer then others but not longer than a couple of seconds.

Take a pic and post it up here. We may be able to point you in the right direction. Should also try booting into safe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭crawlb4uwalk

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Take a pic and post it up here. We may be able to point you in the right direction. Should also try booting into safe mode.

pic.twitter.com/21RGw6VNd7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Best program to troubleshoot is Blue Screen View.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Creates a logfile of what caused the crash. Quite useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

me_irl wrote: »
    Best program to troubleshoot is Blue Screen View.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Creates a logfile of what caused the crash. Quite useful.

If it boots in Safe Mode that could work.

Looks like a USB3 problem ? Unplug all USB devices and try again maybe ?

If that doesn't work go to Safe Mode and see will it boot. Open Device Manager and see if there are any Unknown Devices or devices with a yellow triangle next to them.

Have you installed any new Hardware/Software recently ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

remove any peripherals like printer etc.
    Boot into safe mode and run system restore wizard back to a date when it was working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭crawlb4uwalk

Tried everything but will wipe drive and reinstall the OS. Nothing has worked so far.

I have a question re the installation. I built the machine myself and used my vista OS disc then, but afterwards got an upgrade disc to Windows7. Do I have to install Vista first and then use the windows7 upgrade disc so isn't there a simpler way to do it?

Don't tell me get windows 10 ;-) I installed it on my laptop and hattttttttee it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

There are viruses that continually restart the PC. Before you wipe your PC.

1.Start your computer in safe mode with command prompt.

2. type rstrui.exe and then press ENTER

3. Choose a restore point from before the restarts began.

4. When your PC restarts download Malwarebytes (Free Version will do). Run a scan.

IF you can't start in Safe Mode

you'll need Hitman Pro (30 days free), it will allow you to make a bootable USB, that bypasses the Virus and then runs a scan to remove it.

Advertisement