Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abdelhak Nouri, diagnosed with serious and permanent brain damage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wow assumed it was an accident but he just collapsed on the pitch. You'd associate that with heart issues but I guess it could have been a heart issue that stopped oxygen getting to the brain.

Horrible news. Best wishes to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jayop wrote: »
    Wow assumed it was an accident but he just collapsed on the pitch. You'd associate that with heart issues but I guess it could have been a heart issue that stopped oxygen getting to the brain.

Horrible news. Best wishes to him.

Yeah, was reading about it and it reminded me of Fabrice Muamba's collapse against Spurs 5 years ago.

Just goes to show, you could be as fit as a fiddle one day, but dealt a bad hand the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

"The doctors are quite certain that it won't come good. When he wakes, he will not be able to think, eat, talk or even recognize people". Quote from his brother.

Poor kid. Absolutely tragic news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, was reading about it and it reminded me of Fabrice Muamba's collapse against Spurs 5 years ago.

Just goes to show, you could be as fit as a fiddle one day, but dealt a bad hand the next.

Nouri just...he just sat down and then lay down. If he had passed out and hit the deck with force I think help would have been on the pitch a lot quicker. It didn't look urgent at all.

It's so unbelievably sad. :(

Advertisement