Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag party in Westport

Options
  • 13-07-2017 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

I am organising a stag party or this weekend for 10 guys. I am wondering what are the bars like with crowds and do nightclubs let stag party's in.

Any info would be grateful on best bars to go to. They are not into activities we are just going for the beer. :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

skulltown wrote: »
    Hi

I am organising a stag party or this weekend for 10 guys. I am wondering what are the bars like with crowds and do nightclubs let stag party's in.

Any info would be grateful on best bars to go to. They are not into activities we are just going for the beer. :)

Thanks

See stickey

Suggest Bridge St

Molloys
    Conways

Mill Street
    Tom Armstrongs - Town Clock side of Mill Times Hotel

High St
    Two McGing bars - one at Town Clock
    other about six doors up

Only night club open will be on Castlebar St, part of Corcoran enterprises.

At weekends there will be security at busier pubs. Suggest you attend in smaller, well behaved groups.

If from Dublin avoid discussion of Mayo failing to win All-Irelands

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

skulltown wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

What age group will be attending?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

What age group will be attending?

26 to 40

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

nuac wrote: »
    See stickey

Suggest Bridge St

Molloys
    Conways

Mill Street
    Tom Armstrongs - Town Clock side of Mill Times Hotel

High St
    Two McGing bars - one at Town Clock
    other about six doors up

Only night club open will be on Castlebar St, part of Corcoran enterprises.

At weekends there will be security at busier pubs. Suggest you attend in smaller, well behaved groups.

If from Dublin avoid discussion of Mayo failing to win All-Irelands

Enjoy

Thanks for that some great info. We from Donegal. I agree smaller crowds and well behaved is the way to go. Poor Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Dunnings for early pints, then later on go to the clock tavern for live music followed by heneghans or the castle at around 12 o'clock. If the weather is good then you could head out to the towers beer garden at the Quay (2euro each in a taxi). Mandatory west kebabs at the end of the night of course!

Other option is to climb Croagh Patrick and then go drinking in Cambells for the day once your done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Can organise poker game in pub if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

tacofries wrote: »
    Dunnings for early pints, then later on go to the clock tavern for live music followed by heneghans or the castle at around 12 o'clock. If the weather is good then you could head out to the towers beer garden at the Quay (2euro each in a taxi). Mandatory west kebabs at the end of the night of course!

Other option is to climb Croagh Patrick and then go drinking in Cambells for the day once your done.

This itenary is the way to go, a few pubs mentioned previously might not be to your taste, or vice versa if drinking the key element of the day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

OK, enjoy
    Forgot to add Henehans Bridge St to my list

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'd suggest the Jester, good spacious spot for your crew and a good mix of locals and visitors. Great selection of beers and sport. If the radio is on it will be rock/metal. Great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Over_the_waves

Tom Burke's on Castlebar Street is a lively spot, only a two minute amble up the road from the Castlecourt Hotel, where the nightclub is. Decent mix of young uns and the older crowd.

Would want to head in to the club fairly early if you're going clubbing, though. The nightclubs in Castlebar have all closed in recent years, so Westport is the only town in West Mayo which has thriving nightlife these days. The queue could be all the way down the road from 11 pm on some nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Alright lads.

Heading to a wedding in Westport next week for two days.

I am arriving the day before the wedding (long drive from Wexford!), and was just looking for suggestions for a lively pub on a Thursday night. Somewhere with some live music or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Over_the_waves

Matt Molloy's for music. I think Big Tree off the Octagon does some ceol as well, but haven't been there for quite a while.

Always liked Moran's as well, great pint of Guinness in there and a good atmosphere too.

Advertisement