Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UV Lightbox (for use with Retrobrite)

Options
  • 13-07-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭

ITEM: UV Lightbox
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection from Dublin 10
    PRICE: Free
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash/PayPal

Yes, it's a cardboard box for sale, albeit not a normal one! It's been lined with foil to ensure even distribution of light, and has x2 UV fluorescent bulbs fitted in the lid, which rain down UV goodness in order to banish the bromine. It comes with x2 full bottles of the recommended peroxide (Jerome Russell Bblonde), & is ready to use.

IMG_20170713_202809.jpg

IMG_20170713_202842.jpg

IMG_20170713_202849.jpg

IMG_20170713_202923.jpg

IMG_20170713_203017.jpg

The results speak for themselves, from this...

20151019_101316.jpg

...to this

20151110_083644.jpg

€20 takes it away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Inviere

FREE TO TAKE AWAY - somebody just take it before I have to bin it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Hi Inviere, I've a really yellowed snes, dreamcast and doc v64 here. Would be interested in trying this out. I'll see you are giving it way for free but I'll pay you something for it.

Are there any down sides to using this this on the old systems?

Hi Inviere, I've a really yellowed snes, dreamcast and doc v64 here. Would be interested in trying this out. I'll see you are giving it way for free but I'll pay you something for it.

Are there any down sides to using this this on the old systems?

The only downside is if you're made of bromine :D In all seriousness, I've used it myself, and when used correctly, the results speak for themselves (see the pics above). I've read that this can make the plastic brittle, can't say I've noticed any difference whatsoever, other than the console looking brand new again. It takes several treatments (say about six hours with the peroxide applied, and the plastic covered in cling-film to prevent the peroxide drying out....cleaning after the six hours in warm soapy water, overnight drying, another six hours, another washing, repeat until you're happy with the results).

As for the price, take it away man, it's free...I'd really just be glad to see a retro head take it and for me not to bin it!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

That's great. I'll gladly take this off your hands.

If still avaialble I may as well take the orange gamecube too as I've no GBA player for mine. Will also take the SF2 hucard for PCengine if you don't mind.

Feel free to PM me your ph number/address so I can arrange collection. Possibly this evening if it suits you?

Many thanks

That's great. I'll gladly take this off your hands.

If still avaialble I may as well take the orange gamecube too as I've no GBA player for mine. Will also take the SF2 hucard for PCengine if you don't mind.

Feel free to PM me your ph number/address so I can arrange collection. Possibly this evening if it suits you?

Many thanks

Cool, will pm you now, cheers

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement