Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Championship gone from Sky

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Anyone else notice a 1e charge pending from eleven sports? Maybe it will only go through if I dont cancel.

This is common practice for validating cards. What will likely happen is that the 1euro charge will be reimbursed after the 7 days whether you cancel or not. Then pending on if you cancel or not there will be another charge of 6.99 for the monthly subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Anyone else notice a 1e charge pending from eleven sports? Maybe it will only go through if I dont cancel.

l'chaim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

It’s disgusting trying to watch the golf this week with streams, Facebook and all the other nonsense. I’ve totally lost any interest in it, major or not the pga can go jump this week.

I’m not even arsed checking the scoreboards at this stage.

What a shame because I love a Saturday and Sunday night in front of the tele watching the golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

kiers47 wrote: »
    This is common practice for validating cards. What will likely happen is that the 1euro charge will be reimbursed after the 7 days whether you cancel or not. Then pending on if you cancel or not there will be another charge of 6.99 for the monthly subscription.

Ah. Grazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

Awful viewing experience. Disappointing for last major of the year.

• Advertisement

McIlroy wedge play is like a 10 handicapper.

he's getting better so

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

540 people watching on Facebook at the moment. Laughable numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

namloc1980 wrote: »
    540 people watching on Facebook at the moment. Laughable numbers.

Did ö see that play is suspended though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Tyson Fury wrote: »

As guy who mainly just watches the majors and the bigger tournaments such as the Bridgestone and the players championship , this really speaks to me. Golf is not the thing you sit and watch intently for 4 or 5 hours at a time. You can zone in and out. Really dissapointed with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

dulux99 wrote: »
    As guy who mainly just watches the majors and the bigger tournaments such as the Bridgestone and the players championship , this really speaks to me. Golf is not the thing you sit and watch intently for 4 or 5 hours at a time. You can zone in and out. Really dissapointed with this.

Totally agree. Most people dip in and out over the course of a round. Often record it and watch back fast forwarding through ads etc. Having to hook up the computer to the TV or through Facebook is not conducive to that. Eventually people tune out for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Like many people here, I watch the Majors pretty religiously. I’m not watching this. It’s a pain in the hole basically. The PGA and IMG should hang their heads in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Like many people here, I watch the Majors pretty religiously. I’m not watching this. It’s a pain in the hole basically. The PGA and IMG should hang their heads in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I wonder will we still get round 2 coverage on facebucks since it has been extended to today

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

restart of 2nd round has just started. I am watching it on https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/enhanced-mediaplayer. Rory, JT and Tiger restart with birdie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Down in the golf club and we can't watch the golf. Great..

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Down in the golf club and we can't watch the golf. Great..

I wonder how many pubs have gone to the trouble of getting it.very few i would think.its a shame because id say the open viewing figures were through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

bmay529 wrote: »
    restart of 2nd round has just started. I am watching it on https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/enhanced-mediaplayer. Rory, JT and Tiger restart with birdie

Watching on this link. Who are these two gob****es talking nonsense on the commentary. They seem to have never watched golf before. Painful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

delaney001 wrote: »
    Watching on this link. Who are these two gob****es talking nonsense on the commentary. They seem to have never watched golf before. Painful

Pair of knobs. Putting on stupid Irish accents giving Lowry updates there.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

fullstop wrote: »
    Pair of knobs. Putting on stupid Irish accents giving Lowry updates there.

Sunday bloody Sunday. ....I wouldn't believe except I heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brendan001

Live tv feed on 10 east but you need a motorised satellite dish to receive it.

• Advertisement

It may aswell not be happening. None of my friends or family have spoken about it all weekend, out of sight out of mind. Such a shame, you just can't beat the Sunday evening of a major.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

brendan001 wrote: »
    Live tv feed on 10 east but you need a motorised satellite dish to receive it.

If I had one of those motorised things - I think I'd fly over there and watch it live

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Watching perfect 1080hd live coverage from TSN Canada to my TV. Got to love IPTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,913 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

great leaderboard

I don't know

If you want to see this you can

I'm happy enough watching a single group on PGA site

Will watch tiger later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

The selected group on the PGA coverage at 7. 55 is Koepka and Scott

They also cover on an alternative easy to choose channel - coverage of holes 16/17/18

That'll do me( Woods and Woodland being featured now)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

keps wrote:
    That's great - thanks( although Nick Faldo )

And Gary McCord:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

How annoying is that Ladbrokes ad?

Painful. It's making me hate eleven sports even more than I already do

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

dulux99 wrote: »

Painful. It's making me hate eleven sports even more than I already do

And making me vow never to bet with them again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Watching perfect 1080hd live coverage from TSN Canada to my TV. Got to love IPTV.

Any buffering? Mine is painful

Advertisement