Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFI Dark Skies Festival

Options
  • 13-07-2017 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope the mods don't mind me posting here in case people didn't notice the info in the "What's On" thread.

I only just saw details of a film festival called Dark Skies that is being run in the IFI, Dublin. It started today (Thursday, July 13th) and goes on until Sunday, July 16th. More details at http://ifi.ie/dark-skies

Of interest is a screening of the documentary "The Farthest" about the Voyager mission to the outer Solar System. I saw it as part of the Dublin Film Festival earlier this year and it's an amazing production. There were moments of humour and, at one stage, a tear came to my eye when I thought of that plucky spacecraft and the coming together of many people to send it out as an emissary from Earth.

"The Farthest" will be shown on Sunday, July 16th, at 8pm and will feature a Q&A afterwards with director Emer Reynolds, astronaut Dan Tani, and Lawrence Krauss.

Well worth trying to get along to.

John

Advertisement