Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family friendly holidays

Options
  • 13-07-2017 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

Hi, just looking to get some ideas for family friendly holidays inside and also out of Ireland.

Myself and the other half are looking for perhaps a few days (Ireland) or a week (out of Ireland) this summer and then perhaps 1-2 weeks next summer. I've heard fota in Cork is good and also Delphi. Any experiences of the resort here? Would Delphi be for older children? We have 2 kids (3 and 4). Looking for somewhere not self catering, that does large suites (2 bedrooms) B&b with restaurants etc close to village with lots of activities for pretty young kids.

Also looking at France, Spain or Lazarote etc. for overseas. We don't want the campsite experience as I think the OH would go nuts. would prefer a nice resort somewhere close to a village with shops and also the beach, with a kids club and activities. Lanzarote looks great but France or Spain would be preferable as the flight is shorter.

I know there's a lot of boxes we need ticked here but any recommendations would be much appreciated. We've never brought the kids away before but feel they are at an age now that they would enjoy it and hopefully behave. Also... We need the break aswell! Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The quality hotel in clonakilty is great. They have apartments (two bed) on site, and you can go b&b and go to the hotel for breakfast, and dinner. They have an indoor play area for kids, there's s cinema on the grounds, and a nice pool. There's other bits to do around the area too. I think the quality in youghal is fairly similar in set up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

We were just in Cambrils Park Resort on the Costa Durada, and it was absolutely fabulous. Completely family friendly, gorgeous pools. Kids club, mini disco, the works. 20mins from Reus airport. Highly recommended.

https://familyresort.cambrilspark.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭crunchie1

Hi,we have gone away twice with kids..3&5. 2 yrs ago we went to lloret del mar.sep /Oct time stayed at the costa encantada..def recommend,flew to girona. Last year went to Santa eulalia in Ibiza,was just winding down,perfect for us we just wanted a quiet time..stayed in azuline..lovely as had playground and kids pool in same area (sorry for spelling on hotels)..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Kells Bay, Kerry was quite reasonable for an apartment in a great hotel, with plenty of space for kids to explore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have done Menorca,France,Lanzarote,Wales and Inis Oirr with the kids for our long summer holiday ,kids are now 8,6,4 and 3.
    Menorca is fantastic for that age as most of the restaurants had kids play areas so you could eat and watch them playing in Peace.
    France is definitely my favourite though,they are a bit young so a nice mobile home on a nice site and they will love it as will you:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We did Pirates Village (part of Gran Isla chain) in Santa Ponsa, Mallorca, last September. My son had just turned 4 so would be similar to yours.

We really enjoyed it, it was the first family holiday that we adults got a bit of relaxing done!

You can look up all the details online but in a nutshell:

Lots of entertainment, drop in kids club, amazing pools & slides.
    That side of Santa Ponsa town is quite nice, we didn't go near the Irish quarter ;)
    Beach was really beautiful & 10 minutes walking with kids, 7 minutes without).
    The hotel has buggies to use.
    Apartments had very comfortable beds, modern and clean.

We went self catering but pretty much only had breakfast in the room, very well stocked supermarket across road. We had lunch at the pool bar and it was quite nice.

Pretty much all the restaurants cater for families so they'll have kids menus and often will have little play areas for kids.
    5 minutes walk from the town. 10 minute taxi ride to Water parks etc.

We booked flights with Ryanair & the hotel apartment through Travel Republic so we were able to chip away at that over a few months.

God... I really want to go back now!

Advertisement