Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

"I didn't say anything", how many times did he say that, if he was pissed why didn't he let them know? Seems the small things pissed him more than the so called bigger things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Probably won't happen but it'd be a feel-good story if Conor reached out to Sinead O' Connor and offered her some help, whether it's a nice hotel or a flight out to them from New Jersey or whatever she needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Probably won't happen but it'd be a feel-good story if Conor reached out to Sinead O' Connor and offered her some help, whether it's a nice hotel or a flight out to them from New Jersey or whatever she needs.

He should have a publicist that takes care of it and he should focus on himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    If this Paulie stuff gets legs it could really affect the ppv rate, It makes Conor sound like a wanker and isn't up to the required standard and doesn't have the x factor to beat Floyd.

It makes Conor sound like Vince McMahon, he totally played him. He's acting like a don in his mind. Job done. No doubt he'll have a witty one liner mic drop comment lined up for the next presser around this. The public will lap it up.

When will give up on the thought Conor wants to have a "good image", he is a wanker and he doesn't give a fook. That's what the fans love, that is his image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The last thing Sinead O'Connor needs is anyone bringing her to Las Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

Gintonious wrote: »
    Im surprised that Paulie faded away (as he put it) in the 11th and 12th round. He speaks enough without taking a breath, surely that must help.

have you seen the shape he is in, he shouldnt even last a round in that shape

its a bit silly to be using paulie as a guide as to how good conor is at boxing

paulie can not punch, his ko rate is 16 per cent and he was stopped by eggington by a body punch, so why you would use him as a sparring partner
    when you are described as the best combatant in the world is beyond me

plenty of other boxer have said mc gregor has no chance and i note he didnt ask them to spar, maybe thats because their ko rate is a bit better than 16 per cent and they are live

this is all about money and thats it, you have two people who have hit paydirt
    for very little effort, one a retired boxer who is not active, is 40 and has not fought for 2 years,
    another a MMA fighter who has not defended any titles he has won in MMA and is not the best MMA fighter out there

but they are good salesmen, they will win no matter the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wonder who the other sparring partners are in the crackhouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

In the crack house are Artem, Frans, Fogerty and Byrne and maybe the other young amateur boxer they have with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

section4 wrote: »

its a bit silly to be using paulie as a guide as to how good conor is at boxing

paulie can not punch, his ko rate is 16 per cent and he was stopped by eggington by a body punch, so why you would use him as a sparring partner
    when you are described as the best combatant in the world is beyond me

plenty of other boxer have said mc gregor has no chance and i note he didnt ask them to spar, maybe thats because their ko rate is a bit better than 16 per cent and they are live

this is all about money and thats it, you have two people who have hit paydirt
    for very little effort, one a retired boxer who is not active, is 40 and has not fought for 2 years,
    another a MMA fighter who has not defended any titles he has won in MMA and is not the best MMA fighter out there

but they are good salesmen, they will win no matter the result

Wheeling out his ko percentages non stop is very weird, hes not fighting errol spence or some ko artist in 3 weeks fyi, hes fighting an orthodox counter striker that has a similarish style to Malignaggi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

Floyd's KO stats over the last 10 years is only about 16% also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,278 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Call me cynical and I'm not denying that McGregor is a cock, he probably is but this just seems like more promotion for this fight. Just seems all a little too convenient McGregor having a spat with a retired boxer doing analyst work for Showtime one of the companies promoting the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

rob316 wrote: »
    Call me cynical and I'm not denying that McGregor is a cock, he probably is but this just seems like more promotion for this fight. Just seems all a little too convenient McGregor having a spat with a retired boxer doing analyst work for Showtime one of the companies promoting the fight.

Paulie isn't that good of an actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

rob316 wrote: »

It's definitely planned but I don't think paulie was ln on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

this black dude anyway. seems to be getting on great according to his instagram (which is private)

WCmKijk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not a hotel she needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

If it is all planned, then the possibility of his "walking & talking" will have been considered, & whatever Paulie has seen of the real/true training camp will likely have been seriously limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

section4 wrote: »

The way people are going on you'd swear Paulie was a fat bastard who had been sitting on a bar stool for a decade or more. Paulie fouht for the WBC International welterweight title in March. Not the most prestigious belt, perhaps, but a professional boxing bout nonetheless and his conditioning is just fine. Should have been enough to school an mma guy in the sweet science at least.

pauliesparring88.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

The way people are going on you'd swear Paulie was a fat bastard who had been sitting on a bar stool for a decade or more

It has been funny watching the boxing snobs going from "Paulie could beat him with one hand", to, "Well, he's outta shape these days" etc. Not saying it all went Conors way, but from Paulie's own comments, it' shard not to deduce that it didn't go quite as easy as he expected. As mentioned by the Gamester though, Floyd will be on another level, so it's all meaningless really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

In the crack house are Artem, Frans, Fogerty and Byrne and maybe the other young amateur boxer they have with them.

The craic house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    The craic house.

A pic of all the lads in the gaff, titled "The Craic House" would be a nice little jab on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

A pic of all the lads in the gaff, titled "The Craic House" would be a nice little jab on social media.

*push down

Just listened to the Brooklyn to the World Episode (Episode 101) from the morning after the '12-rounds' and he just seemed to take it all so serious. There was no sense of enjoyment from him that he was part of the build up to this fight. You'd swear the co-host of the show was on the phone to some guy on death row. In it he said he was going to be out there until after the fight and spoke about boredom and the house they were in being in the middle of nowhere.

But sure what was stopping him living in a hotel if he wanted, or renting a car, assuming one wasn't rented for him/them. He also knew that Cortez would have (eventually at least) let everyone know that the knockdown was just a push down and so why not just have the craic with it all and say 'McGregor you bastard, it's all over the Internet you KO'd me. Come fight night, I'm putting everyone straight on Showtime'.

I don't know, I still kinda like him, but he just seems to take himself so damn seriously.

Sad.

And here's 'the dilapidated crack house' folks:

The_Crack_House.png

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Seems like Paulie has used Conor As much as Conor used Paulie.

Will be extraordinarily more embarrassing if Conor gets humiliated and Paulie puts the boot in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

any chance of a synopsis no interest in watchin over an hour of that ****e

jcd5971 wrote: »
    any chance of a synopsis no interest in watchin over an hour of that ****e

It was just posted by Paulie on Twitter. Only listening to it now myself.

FightHype / Paulie suggest the house is different to the one I just posted above, which Dashon had posted on Instagram.

Tiernan said in his article that Paulie was staying with them though and so hard make sense of all this madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

snowflaker wrote: »

Hahaha, outstanding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement