Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

The crackhouse doesn't look too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

section4 wrote: »
    please, this is the type of nonsense thats being spewed
    i suggest you check things before you post
    you will find it s 53%

You're factually incorrect, it's you who needs to check the facts before posting. Floyd has had 11 fights in the last 10 years and two have them have been via KO. That's less than 20% KO rate over the last ten years. The Ortiz KO doesn't even count as a legit KO given it was a sucker punch. That likely would have been a Floyd unanimous decision if he hadn't done that.

Not that the above changes anything - Floyd will still finish Conor in the first 5 or 6 rounds if he wants to. Just annoys me when someone barges in with wrong information.

And here's 'the dilapidated crack house' folks:

The_Crack_House.png
    That's where Owen Roddy etc are staying. I think the sparring partners are staying elsewhere (maybe they stayed above initially but had to move as more bodies showed up).

Apparently this is the 'crack house':
    815swlq815swlq.jpg

If true it does look a bit run down. Out of respect and common sense most people would have put the millionaire two-weight world champion in the nicer house.

Paulie is talking a lot of nonsense but im sure there are elements of truth there too. Talking about getting called in to the gym and then being told he's not needed - this paints a picture of poor leadership. Kavanagh making a decision and then Conor (or one of the Crumlin boys) overruling it. I thought the "win or learn" thing after the Nate 1 loss was that they were going back to traditional coach student relationship and they were going back to strictly regimented training sessions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Paulie really can't let this go. For someone that has said McGregor's ego is big, Paulie is working hard to show that his isn't far behind. 

Conor McGregor: Paulie Malignaggi claims he made UFC fighter whimper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

please, this is the type of nonsense thats being spewed
    i suggest you check things before you post
    you will find it s 53%

I think you will find it's 2 in 12 fights which is nowhere near 53%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/895185915932536833

Not the first time he got embarrassed by another fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Gamebred wrote: »
    Not the first time he got embarrassed by another fighter.

Lol, talk about being delicate

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Ok wow...

Floyd says:

Conor called us monkeys, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X were on the front lines but August 26th Conor is going to pay (for his racism), I'm fighting for all the blacks around the world.

Also says there'll be no defensive fighting he's going after Conor and he owes that to the fans who were let down by the Pacquiao fight.

Floyd will do anything to sell this fight. Conor gave him that ammunition though.

Surprised that Conor is housing them in a tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

A tip, right....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Lomachenko followed John on twitter and he followed him back... which obviously means they can DM each other now.

Just thought I'd share that information as opposed to doing anything constructive at 430am like sleeping.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that, if it ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

moneyman wrote: »
    You're factually incorrect, it's you who needs to check the facts before posting. Floyd has had 11 fights in the last 10 years and two have them have been via KO. That's less than 20% KO rate over the last ten years. The Ortiz KO doesn't even count as a legit KO given it was a sucker punch. That likely would have been a Floyd unanimous decision if he hadn't done that.

Not that the above changes anything - Floyd will still finish Conor in the first 5 or 6 rounds if he wants to. Just annoys me when someone barges in with wrong information.

Oh my god , I don't know why I bother

Who said anything about the last ten years

Mayweather knockout percentage over his career is 53 %

True or false

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

If you're going to go to the trouble of writing an article why not go into detail about what rounds Conor was successful in and whether it was a push or a knock down? For me there wasn't enough detail about it. How can he be sure a recording will be released? Why did the ref not see what happened?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Post #2981
    ooter wrote: »
    Floyd's KO stats over the last 10 years is only about 16% also.

True or false

ooter wrote: »
    I think you will find it's 2 in 12 fights which is nowhere near 53%.

What is it with you guys that you can't face the truth

Mayweather has been fighting since 96

His knockout percentage is 53 % Overall, it's that simple

If you want to play about with statistics to suit yourself

Then that is not a true reflection

It's like me saying Conor's record for his last three fights is

L by OK W by decision. W by OK so. W2 l 1

But that's not true

True or false

TherapyBoy beat me to it, but have a look at the exact post you specifically quoted on the last page. This is basic stuff. You should know what you're actually posting about before getting all worked up, especially since you were wrong. Admit it and move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The whoopings Floyd put on people at lower weight classes 15 years ago are completely irrelevant to this fight, he is less aggressive due to his delicate hands and less powerful due to fighting bigger guys in higher weight classes.

But that's not true

Nobody is denying any of that.

No doubt you will move the goalposts instead of just admitting you made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Do any bookies have a market on Mayweather ending it with a body shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Ok wow...

Floyd says:

Conor called us monkeys, Martin Luther King and Malcolm X were on the front lines but August 26th Conor is going to pay (for his racism), I'm fighting for all the blacks around the world.

Also says there'll be no defensive fighting he's going after Conor and he owes that to the fans who were let down by the Pacquiao fight.

Bit pathetic Floyd feeling the need to bring race into it in order to sell more PPVs.

That would be like Conor saying he's going to win for the LGBT community based on the homophobic slur Floyd used in the London presser.

• Advertisement

cloudatlas wrote: »
    If you're going to go to the trouble of writing an article why not go into detail about what rounds Conor was successful in and whether it was a push or a knock down? For me there wasn't enough detail about it. How can he be sure a recording will be released? Why did the ref not see what happened?

Both parties are like little schoolchildren
    Just release the video of the sparring session
    It's not as if it's going to make any difference

I thought it was a good blog post.

Don't see why he needed to go into detail; its not a pissing contest between him and Paulie. Going into details would just be petty.

But that's not true

I think the only problem is you didn't read the OP properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

.ak wrote: »
    I thought it was a good blog post.

Don't see why he needed to go into detail; its not a pissing contest between him and Paulie. Going into details would just be petty.

Fogarty pulls out of MMA hour, Ref Cortez not allowed to speak. Post tells us nothing just that Bradley loves Conor... nothing new there.

Fogarty pulls out of MMA hour, Ref Cortez not allowed to speak. Post tells us nothing just that Bradley loves Conor... nothing new there.

Dunno what any of that has to do with anything.

Some people understand what an NDA means...

moneyman wrote: »
    Nobody is denying any of that.

No doubt you will move the goalposts instead of just admitting you made a mistake.

i dont need to move any goalposts atall
    unlike the person who caused the confusion by moving the goalposts

what actually happened was that i quoted paulie knockout percentage for his career

when you quote a fighters knockout percentage it in the context of his overall career, or else it really does mean much and its not statistically correct

so i presume people who are engaging will also post in like manner

but of course the poster who replied changed the goalposts and rather then
    post mayweather career knockout percentage posted his last few fights

that was not the context that i posted paulie or mayweather ko percentage

he changed the goalposts, i did not notice this because i presumed we wouldn't be playing silly games and picking statistics that suited us

so i made a mistake by not noticing that the other poster decided to change the goal posts and quote managed statistics to suit their own agenda, sorry

sorry for presuming the other poster changed the goalposts and i didnt notice

fact of the matter is paulie ko percentage is 16 mayweathers is 53

i know mayweathers is low for his last few fights as he has aged

but when i honestly quoted paulie percentage i was stating them as most people state them in boxing forums by using his ko percentage over the duration of his career

i could have said look at paulie he was knocked out in his last fight
    so his record is 0-1 but that would be dishonest

so i didnt change the goalposts the other poster did initially

i didnt notice that he did that to make mayweathers ko record lesser

he did this because he didnt like then fact that i showed paulie cant punch

thats where i made the mistake, i was wrong sorry

Bit pathetic Floyd feeling the need to bring race into it in order to sell more PPVs.

That would be like Conor saying he's going to win for the LGBT community based on the homophobic slur Floyd used in the London presser.

i am surprised at mayweather doing this, especially when you have all the
    black lives matter stuff and how divided the us is just now after trump winning
    its very bad form

.ak wrote: »
    I think the only problem is you didn't read the OP properly.

correct

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

i am surprised at mayweather doing this, especially when you have all the
    black lives matter stuff and how divided the us is just now after trump winning
    its very bad form

It will sell tickets to the black market. Los Conor opened himself up for this so only has himself to blame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Conor opened himself up for this so only has himself to blame

Yeah, how dare he talk about dancing monkeys in a Rocky film.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement