Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Yeah, how dare he talk about dancing monkeys in a Rocky film.

Black from waist down????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I am, yeah, but what's that got to do with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

.ak wrote: »
    Dunno what any of that has to do with anything.

Some people understand what an NDA means...

Speaking of NDA's, I doubt the immediate members of Conor's circle signed them but maybe he should have made them :rolleyes:

From what I'm hearing and piecing together online, it looks like Conor was unaware that Fogarty and Byrne had posted the photo of Paulie on the canvas and wasn't too happy about it.

If that's true, it also makes sense why Fogarty was pulled from the MMA Hour appearance. In the 'After Hour' segment on Twitter, Ariel gave a shout out to the "troublemaker" David Fogarty, saying he was supposed to be on the show but hinted he was pulled by Conor/Audie as they want to keep things under wraps.

That to me looks like Fogarty accepted the interview with Ariel without even consulting Conor, who then laid down the law when he found out and was like "no you're not".

TL;DR - Looks like some of his team are carrying on like children and are now grounded! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TL;DR - Looks like some of his team are carrying on like children and are now grounded! :pac:

Yup, the spoilt kids running wild and getting cheeky to the point where daddy has to step in and put man manners on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yup, the spoilt kids running wild and getting cheeky to the point where daddy has to step in and put man manners on them.
    Good parenting imo

• Advertisement

Yeah that's definitely the vibe of this.

It's kinda sad in a way. Whatever people think of Conor's chances in this fight, it's clear he's training hard for it with a view to winning the fight. The last thing he needs is to be babysitting members of his own team or having to take their phones away from them.

Gerry Byrne posted up a video of Conor filming the Beats-by-Dre commercial the other day but that was gone from his insta-story a few minutes later before I could download it.

In all fairness, that's basic cop-on not to put out a video of someone filming an important commercial and sticking it on instagram, revealing the theme of the commercial.

Yeah that's definitely the vibe of this.

It's kinda sad in a way. Whatever people think of Conor's chances in this fight, it's clear he's training hard for it with a view to winning the fight. The last thing he needs is to be babysitting members of his own team or having to take their phones away from them.

Gerry Byrne posted up a video of Conor filming the Beats-by-Dre commercial the other day but that was gone from his insta-story a few minutes later before I could download it.

In all fairness, that's basic cop-on not to put out a video of someone filming an important commercial and sticking it on instagram, revealing the theme of the commercial.

Only Roddy and Artem and John seem to be alright.

The rest are unprofessional and probably are wrecking Conor's head which is the last thing he needs

And Paulie should have suspected it too as he knew Conor was in the UFC gym working on striking when the pics were posted........

There's also an assumption on his part that Conor knows the ins and outs of houses that are rented for the sparring partners..... but I would imagine all that kids of thing has been delegated off long ago. Saving $200 a week on accommodation I highly doubt would be a priority of his.

In that FightHype clip Paulie is calling Conor a "cunt" and a "scumbag" over and over.... but why? Based on these assumptions he knew a photo was posted on Instagram and that he wanted some of the sparring partners living in a house not on par with the trainer's?

Nah, there's way more to it than that and on his latest podcast (Brooklyn to the World Episode 102) he admits that he felt he was being called in as more of a trainer and I think that is the real issue. His ego took a kicking in that regard and to compound it all, the guy who he thought he'd be schooling, actually gave him a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Black from waist down????

I think the actual definition, and real life meaning of racism, has long been lost on generation snowflake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Inviere wrote: »
    I think the actual definition, and real life meaning of racism, has long been lost on generation snowflake.

Exactly.

Thats not exactly racist, its just a dumb thing to say.

• Advertisement

If I was Conor I would kick Fogarty, Byrne and the other clown from the camp. They add nothing but hassle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Fogarty is his photographer, Byrne is some sort of assistant (pretty muck one) no idea who else your talking about, the rest of Conors pals are now in Vegas so the entourage of cling ons has begun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I am, yeah, but what's that got to do with anything.

It's perceived as a racist stereotype. That's probably what's wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Inviere wrote: »

Probably more likely that you think casual racism is acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Effects wrote: »
    Probably more likely that you think casual racism is acceptable.

"Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

I'm just not seeing it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Speaking of NDA's, I doubt the immediate members of Conor's circle signed them but maybe he should have made them :rolleyes:

From what I'm hearing and piecing together online, it looks like Conor was unaware that Fogarty and Byrne had posted the photo of Paulie on the canvas and wasn't too happy about it.

If that's true, it also makes sense why Fogarty was pulled from the MMA Hour appearance. In the 'After Hour' segment on Twitter, Ariel gave a shout out to the "troublemaker" David Fogarty, saying he was supposed to be on the show but hinted he was pulled by Conor/Audie as they want to keep things under wraps.

That to me looks like Fogarty accepted the interview with Ariel without even consulting Conor, who then laid down the law when he found out and was like "no you're not".

If Conor is so upset like you say he is then why are the photos still up on Fogarty's instagram why did Conor smile and say nothing to Pauli when Pauli asked him not to release these kind of photos. Van Heerden had a point, Pauli had a point, even Tiernan said he knew as he was being hit photos would appear on instagram, and said that Pauli was 'understandably' upset about the photos, Berto is staying well clear apparently. I don't think Conor gives a f*ck.

I'd say the photo is still up on those accounts because of Paulie's reaction......... calling him every name under the son is ott.

Plus, it's the Internet and once a photo is out there, there ain't no bringing it back.

No more than Paulie could remove his comments from the net about McGregor's power being severely overrated.

As for why Conor smiled.... he probably was just joking with him. Paulie takes himself too damn serious.

Be interesting to see how All Access portray all that's gone on.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    If Conor is so upset like you say he is then why are the photos still up on Fogarty's instagram why did Conor smile and say nothing to Pauli when Pauli asked him not to release these kind of photos. Van Heerden had a point, Pauli had a point, even Tiernan said he knew as he was being hit photos would appear on instagram, and said that Pauli was 'understandably' upset about the photos, Berto is staying well clear apparently. I don't think Conor gives a f*ck.

I think if he's at all upset it'd be over the fact they posted up stuff without his permission in the first place...

People can say whatever they want about Conor but he recognized early on that owning your own content is a money-making avenue. He was probably withholding those photos and/or video footage to put up on his own instagram or directly on to the Mac Life at some stage and get tons of web traffic... instead Fogarty and Byrne made a tit out of it and posted it on their twitter...

Amateur hour.

Conor just retweeted a couple of Paulie's tweets there and at first I was thinking why would he do that, but what the tweets have in common is that the replies to them are mainly calling out Paulie's behavior and so I think maybe it's a way for him to get people (his 5m followers) to see that without him having to say it himself.......... and he also pinned this tweet from last year.

https://twitter.com/TheNoforiousMMA/status/761108949730865152

Fake News...

"TheNoforiousMMA"

lol. The bastard. Post deleted :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

No

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Aph2016 wrote: »
    No

Well that's that sorted then..

American media really running with this racist angle now as both Vibe and BET have picked up on it.

I think if McGregor does respond to this crap again (and I think he should as it as it gives the fight a nasty dynamic) he needs to do it in a more serious manner than he has.

Hopefully some high profile black Americans will call Mayweather for this, as to be using the names of MLK, Malcolm X and the black civil rights struggle itself as a way of increasing PPV sales... is pretty damn despicable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He's a convicted domestic abuser, this is nothing to him.

as to be using the names of MLK, Malcolm X and the black civil rights struggle itself as a way of increasing PPV sales... is pretty damn despicable.

Also extremely intelligent.

Racial tension sells. Always has, always will.

It will sell even more now in Trump's 2017 America than Reagan's 1982 America the last time they went in on the black v white in a big way with Gerry Cooney.

Very smart from Floyd. Cynical, sure, but he's no dummy.

Conor should come back with the angle that Floyd is a homophobe and get those gay pay per view sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Conor should come back with the angle that Floyd is a homophobe and get those gay pay per view sales

i read that as gay per view....who is the GPV G.O.AT ?

Also extremely intelligent.

Racial tension sells. Always has, always will.

It will sell even more now in Trump's 2017 America than Reagan's 1982 America the last time they went in on the black v white in a big way with Gerry Cooney.

Very smart from Floyd. Cynical, sure, but he's no dummy.

Oh I get why he's doing it...... just think it's despicable that he is and hope he gets called out for it.

McGregor made fun of the accusations with stuff like the 'Black below the waist' thing but behind it all, I think it winds him up that something like that is being said about him considering he has a fair few black friends and colleagues, I think it's something that he will want addressed before the fight.

Personally I prefer reactions like the following to such nonsense rather than the stuff he said and did in Brooklyn (which was cringy to say the least).

I think if McGregor does respond to this crap again (and I think he should as it as it gives the fight a nasty dynamic) he needs to do it in a more serious manner than he has.
    His rebuttal that he couldn't be racist because he loves rap culture...and then giving Floyd a present on stage of some rap album and telling him how great it is.. it was David Brent level cringe:

https://twitter.com/davidbrentmovie/status/733236889487036417?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I think if he's at all upset it'd be over the fact they posted up stuff without his permission in the first place...

People can say whatever they want about Conor but he recognized early on that owning your own content is a money-making avenue. He was probably withholding those photos and/or video footage to put up on his own instagram or directly on to the Mac Life at some stage and get tons of web traffic... instead Fogarty and Byrne made a tit out of it and posted it on their twitter...

Amateur hour.

all conjecture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement