Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Inviere wrote: »
    "Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

I'm just not seeing it :confused:

You need to dig a little deeper. Black men were historically described as sub-human, animalistic, and lust-driven. That feeds into the reasoning that black men were a sexual threat and prone to raping white women. This excuse was often used as a reason to lynch black men.
    In McGregor's case it's perpetuation of a black male sexual stereotype, which is based on the notion of black male obsession with white females.

Just because you don't fully understand it doesn't mean it isn't racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I took it as he was well endowed like the black stereotype nothing to do with sexual threat to white women ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Effects wrote: »
    You need to dig a little deeper. Black men were historically described as sub-human, animalistic, and lust-driven. That feeds into the reasoning that black men were a sexual threat and prone to raping white women. This excuse was often used as a reason to lynch black men.
    In McGregor's case it's perpetuation of a black male sexual stereotype, which is based on the notion of black male obsession with white females.

Theres reaching, and then theres reaching

is this supposed to be a serious post?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

Did you just stereotype black men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

Absolute horse****. He was jokingly insinuating he has a large wang. That's all there is to it, no need for mass hysteria, no need for snowflakes to melt, no need for outcry. Racism, in it's true sense, suggests unfair treatment or directed aggression toward a person because of their colour, ethnicity, or race. This new age/snowflake reinterpretation of racism is eye rollingly stupid.

I fully understand what racism is, there wasn't any. Conor McGregor, is not a racist. People need to get over themselves & stop being perpetually offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Political correctness will be the death of us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Everyone here seems to only be considering the "black from waist down" quip as the racist comment and glossing over the more obvious and disgusting "dancing monkeys" comment.

Everyone here seems to only be considering the "black from waist down" quip as the racist comment and glossing over the more obvious and disgusting "dancing monkeys" comment.

You've left out the juice head monkeys bit funnily enough, how convenient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

15266006.jpg

I am getting so sick of this fight and can't wait until its over. I am fairly annoyed there is no UFC on for a few weeks cause of this fight :( I'd much prefer a good UFC event over this boxing match.

• Advertisement

This has been well planned, no fix of ufc for weeks so everyone buys the ppv for their fix on the 26th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

How come when he called a load of white lads 'monkeys' that wasn't racist?

God I hate this reaching BS. It's a parody in itself now adays, like whenever someone says 'you people' and they connect it to race and start a war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

giphy.gif

Gamebred wrote: »
    This has been well planned, no fix of ufc for weeks so everyone buys the ppv for their fix on the 26th.

Yeah its bs :( I am a massive Conor fan boy and when he is fighting in UFC I love it........ This circus fight is just irritating. I will watch it but I wont give them a cent for it and I bought ever Conor ppv on UFC.com until it was banned when BT got the exclusive rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Sun. lol

Heard its an extra $40 on top if your black too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote:
    Heard its an extra $40 on top if your black too....

Hahaha legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That's pretty much how it is in Vegas. If you're a guy and want in or to skip the line ups in clubs etc you better put your hand in your pocket.

It's why every woman I know loves going to Vegas as they don't have to put their hand in their pocket too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

A pretty level headed perspective from Stitch.

Whats the story with his film coming out? when will he have the premiere? coming off a loss (especially an embarrassing one) would be detrimental to its success surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Knows his stuff

YOUTUBE VID

That is absolutely hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gintonious wrote: »

A pretty level headed perspective from Stitch.

"Yeah, I wouldn't teach him how to box. He isn't going to learn how to box is 7-8 weeks... He's just gotta keep doing what he's doing, working on what he has, and keep moving your head brother."

That's exactly the correct logic. You ain't gonna rewrite the symphony now, just play to your strengths and see what happens.

Paulie was never going to teach him anything. Naive of him to think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

That is fuuckinng cringeworthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

winston82 wrote: »

Same guy that done the awful Euros song I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

winston82 wrote: »

Ah come on... he's not trying to win an Ivor Novello award for it, he's smiling and having a bit of craic... I'm just impressed he got the timeline of Conor's career correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Ah come on... he's not trying to win an Ivor Novello award for it, he's smiling and having a bit of craic... I'm just impressed he got the timeline of Conor's career correct.

Video was grand, the rhyming made me laugh and had a good bit of effort put into writing it :)

Was watching Mayweather v Maidana earlier. I really do think Conor will land. I really don't think he has the cardio.

On Promotional Malpractice, Luke Thomas was saying that there's a theory that Conor is not thick enough in the midsection to sustain body shots. It's a worry, Floyd had some mean body shots vs Maidana.

I wonder if all the extra effort Conor is putting into improving Cardio will be negated by body shots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement