Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Conor's accuracy is insanely good so no idea where you're pulling that from.

Yes, he has vastly inferior hand-speed to Floyd but that's true of almost everyone Floyd would fight. They said Maidana had no hope because of his comically slow hand-speed compared to Floyd's, that he'd be butchered, but he took that first fight to an extremely close decision.

Show me the evidence of McGregor's accuracy against the stiffs he fought in the UFC?, Punches thrown Vs punches landed clean. Because I have Compubox stats back up Mayweather. Maidana was an elite boxer, a two weight world champion with world class boxing skills, power and agression. And Floyd beat him twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Floyd has hand speed and accuracy like nothing Conor has ever seen.

Yeah, but can he do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

#FakeNews

This was the same clown who told us categorically the PPV in the UK would cost us £120.
    Maidana was an elite boxer, He's a two weight world champion, with boxing skills far superior to McGregor and allot more power. And Floyd beat him twice. So what's your point?

You can have the fastest hand-speed in the world but if you eat a punch to the chin it's still going to hurt you.
    Show me the evidence of McGregor's accuracy against the stiffs he fought in the UFC?, Punches thrown Vs punches landed clean. Because I have Compubox stats back up Mayweather.

Floyd v Maidana:

230/426 = 54% landed

Conor v Nate:

164/286 = 57% landed

I don't know why I even bothered showing you them because you'll just come back with a reem of condescension.

You lost all credibility when you called Conor's opponents in the UFC "stiffs". Those "stiffs" would rip Floyd's head from his shoulders in the Octagon. They *might* be not very good at boxing but they're not boxers, they are world class mixed martial artists that, in most cases, Conor made look easy work.

It would be like any of us calling Oscar de la Hoya a boxing stiff just to demean Floyd's achievements. It's not big or clever.

This was the same clown who told us categorically the PPV in the UK would cost us £120.

Ah, I see.... well I'm blaming Paulie for giving them credibility by replying to them :P

https://twitter.com/PaulMalignaggi/status/896022143921737728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

There was talk of McGregor doing a media work out?

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

40 mins from now on UFC youtube page.

In reality Conor will show up whenever he feels like it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

40 mins from now on UFC youtube page.

In reality Conor will show up whenever he feels like it :o

Tubs of Vaseline at the ready so.

11pm, apparently .... hopefully they have the gym kitted out exactly llke the celebrity gym in Rocky III, with dancing monkeys the lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

FFS, more bollox talk from Paulie so..

Yes he can. Unfortunately you don't get that kind of time to run and hit Floyd. He's far too sharp and evasive. If McGregor tries that, He will miss and eat a counter left hook, straight right combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Yes he can. Unfortunately you don't get that kind of time to run and hit Floyd. He's far too sharp and evasive. If McGregor tries that, He will miss and eat a counter left hook, straight combo.

giphy.gif

#FakeNews

You can have the fastest hand-speed in the world but if you eat a punch to the chin it's still going to hurt you.

McGregor's not going to be able to land a punch. and while he misses one Floyd will land 3 or 4 because he has more speed and accuracy.

Floyd v Maidana:

230/426 = 54% landed

Conor v Nate:

164/286 = 57% landed

I don't know why I even bothered showing you them because you'll just come back with a reem of condescension.

Nice number for McGregor, shame you just pulled it out of your ass.

You lost all credibility when you called Conor's opponents in the UFC "stiffs". Those "stiffs" would rip Floyd's head from his shoulders in the Octagon. They *might* be not very good at boxing but they're not boxers, they are world class mixed martial artists that, in most cases, Conor made look easy work.

This is boxing. You do know that right? Yes they are stiffs. You think Eddie Alvarez, Jose Also or Chad Mendez could box Floyd Mayweather? Talk about losing credibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

#FakeNews

Floyd v Maidana:

230/426 = 54% landed

Conor v Nate:

164/286 = 57% landed

It would be like any of us calling Oscar de la Hoya a boxing stiff just to demean Floyd's achievements. It's not big or clever.

Are they punches only wonder?

Not that i think you can compare them myself

Dont see why you bothered posting them as no doubt youre right and some excuse willl be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No, no they're not. But he knew that and posted it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Good luck getting punch only stats for an mma bout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGregor hasnt left the house going by the teams social media, wont be on time for that thing at 11 anyways.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Good luck getting punch only stats for an mma bout

I asked cause he was heavy on the leg kicks for two rounds and while diaz is hittable but i doubt he landed clean 50% of the time.

Does McGregor even know how to hit a speed bag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Good thing he isn't fighting one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

They were rumors and what a man does in his time off in a nightclub are his own business

• Advertisement

Not that i think you can compare them myself

Dont see why you bothered posting them as no doubt youre right and some excuse willl be made.

They're significant strikes landed because Fight Metric doesn't separate them into punches - it is very difficult but theoretically possible to work out how many punches Conor threw/landed but it's still guesswork.

I gave it a try anyway:

164/286 is the total strikes landed/thrown according to FightMetric.

40/45 landed on the leg. They were all leg kicks. So we can remove them.

26/29 body shots landed, which included 5 teeps, 6 knees and a missed whiff at Nate when he was falling over at the end of the round. We can remove the body shots that were not punches.

Then you have to watch the fight to count the elbows Conor threw to the head. I *believe* he threw 7 and landed 5.

Once you eliminate knees, kicks, elbows you're left with 108/205 which brings the punching accuracy down to 52.6% from 57%

But that's not an exact science because I can't be certain from the camera angles we get if a knee/elbow missed or connected.

Nice number for McGregor, shame you just pulled it out of your ass.
    No, no they're not. But he knew that and posted it anyway.

Some more numbers for you:

49-1

They're significant strikes landed because Fight Metric doesn't separate them into punches - it is very difficult but theoretically possible to work out how many punches Conor threw/landed but it's still guesswork.

I gave it a try anyway:

164/286 is the total strikes landed/thrown according to FightMetric.

40/45 landed on the leg. They were all leg kicks. So we can remove them.

26/29 body shots landed, which included 5 teeps, 6 knees and a missed whiff at Nate when he was falling over at the end of the round. We can remove the body shots that were not punches.

Then you have to watch the fight to count the elbows Conor threw to the head. I *believe* he threw 7 and landed 5.

Once you eliminate knees, kicks, elbows you're left with 108/205 which brings the punching accuracy down to 52.6% from 57%

But that's not an exact science because I can't be certain from the camera angles we get if a knee/elbow missed or connected.

49-1

Yes but is this theoretical 108 landed clean.?

49-1

Your tears are going to taste magnificent.

Yes but is this theoretical 108 landed clean.?

"Clean" is open to interpretation.

Both CompuBox and Fight Metric count a "landed punch" as anything that lands with force but they don't differentiate further than that.

For example:

If Floyd throws a punch at Conor that hits Conor clean on the chin, it counts as a landed punch. If Floyd throws another punch that hits Conor's hand and the momentum carries it through to land on his rib cage, both FightMetric and CompuBox count that as a punch landed even though technically it was partially blocked on the way through.

So in the eyes of Compubox, both are punches that landed clean.

I watched a long interview with the founder of CompuBox and he explained that while it is subjective, their experts only push the button for "Landed" if the punch lands with *some* force and punches can still land with force even if they're deflected on the way to the target.

Maybe. But I'd prefer to live my life supporting someone with positive energy than to hover like a vulture waiting for them to mess up so you can take pleasure in their failure.

Try it sometime.

Maybe. But I'd prefer to live my life supporting someone with positive energy than to hover like a vulture waiting for them to mess up so you can take pleasure in their failure.

Try it sometime.

Why not just try and achieve greatness in your own career/life, rather than obsessing about Conor?

I don't think people are waiting for Conor to mess up 'like a vulture' its just people are realistic that he has never had a professional boxing fight and know that his chances are slim to none.

Conor will be late for his own funeral. :cool:

Try it sometime.

"50-0"

I can play with numbers too, see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Try it sometime.

Wonders tears will mean nothing..Conor is supposed to lose isnt he?...If he somehow wins,there will be some sweet sweet tears to taste,not only here but on the boxing forum too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

McGregor's not going to be able to land a punch.

They said that about Paulie, he was going to beat the beard off Conor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement