Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Why not just try and achieve greatness in your own career/life, rather than obsessing about Conor?

I don't think people are waiting for Conor to mess up 'like a vulture' its just people are realistic that he has never had a professional boxing fight and know that his chances are slim to none.

What have you achieved that is so great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Maybe. But I'd prefer to live my life supporting someone with positive energy than to hover like a vulture waiting for them to mess up so you can take pleasure in their failure.

Try it sometime.

I'll just continue living my own life for what it is and not try to live vicariously through someone else's, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Why not just try and achieve greatness in your own career/life, rather than obsessing about Conor?

I don't think people are waiting for Conor to mess up 'like a vulture' its just people are realistic that he has never had a professional boxing fight and know that his chances are slim to none.

Come on now you know well there's many people who can't stand him and want him to fail.

As for the rest, I'm hoping to do both :) A lot of people support a football or rugby team and go to all the games, buy jerseys, books, write on forums etc. There's nothing unusual in being a big fan of an athlete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Your tears are going to taste magnificent.

Honest question Eagerer, do hate Conor himself as much as you seem to hate his big fans ?

From looking in it does seem at times that you for want of a better phrase ''get off'' on bashing his supporters that he does give hope to. I can understand frustration and the such but believing in something that brings you positive energy is hardly a bad thing and does not need to be ridiculed as such.

His fan have said its unlikely he will win but have been able to atleast in wonders case articulate it to a degree.

Whilst Floyds fans have openly mocked Conors for having the gaul to say he may have a chance however low but ''I'' believe in him.

Is it jelously or lack or something to believe in or god knows what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Sweet trash-talk game...

That you, Tony?

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    Why waste time in your own career/life worrying about how others choose to view things. It's extremely unlikely McGregor won't win, everyone gets that. Some sad wasters here are trying to suck the life out of the entire event.

"Your tears will taste magnificent?" I mean that is embarrassingly pathetic stuff. Its just a fight. I think people need to cop on a bit

I presume you meant it's extremely unlikely he will win?

Of course it's pathetic - that's the point. I don't actually give a **** about him, I just find his delusion and devotion laughable. It was a response to his backing away from his initial misleading portrayal of statistical analysis (again, it's becoming quite common for him) with a childish, nothing answer in "49-1".

I'll just continue living my own life for what it is and not try to live vicariously through someone else's, thanks.

Your own life consists of over 700 posts about Conor McGregor... 95% of them hating him or his fans.

Seems a pretty sad waste of energy to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Reading your posts are....

HARD WORK!!!!

YEEEEeeeaaaaahhhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Seems some public work out is starting now on youtube etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

As JK says the sun will rise Sunday morning and life will go on as usual, with everyone involved even more rich than Saturday, there will be a day of bragging on here for the Floyd backers (1/6 favourite hardly an earth shattering prediction).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

We're up...........

Honest question Eagerer, do hate Conor himself as much as you seem to hate his big fans ?

From looking in it does seem at times that you for want of a better phrase ''get off'' on bashing his supporters that he does give hope to. I can understand frustration and the such but believing in something that brings you positive energy is hardly a bad thing and does not need to be ridiculed as such.

His fan have said its unlikely he will win but have been able to atleast in wonders case articulate it to a degree.

Whilst Floyds fans have openly mocked Conors for having the gaul to say he may have a chance however low but ''I'' believe in him.

Is it jelously or lack or something to believe in or god knows what ?

Again, the "hate" comments. Everything is about being a hater on this forum. It's not a ****ing Justin Bieber fan club. Everything is portrayed as an "attack" as if you're somehow under siege. I've never come across a more sensitive bunch in my life

For the record, I'm not the first and I certainly won't be the last to joke about tears and saltiness here.

As for "his fans have said it's unlikely he'll win", again I'll point out that wonder has clearly stated he now thinks McGregor will win. I've yet to see any reason offered by anyone to justify this prediction other than "I love Conor McGregor".

Come on now you know well there's many people who can't stand him and want him to fail.

As for the rest, I'm hoping to do both :) A lot of people support a football or rugby team and go to all the games, buy jerseys, books, write on forums etc. There's nothing unusual in being a big fan of an athlete.

I am a massive United fan. I didn't think we had any chance really against Real Madrid a few days ago........ MUFC who is one of the best teams in the world, at least top 10 had no chance against RMFC. What I am saying is that while I love some teams I live in realism..... Conor has like a chance to beat Floyd for sure but its like 0001%, If floyd fought in MMA imo his chances would be way lower.

If Conor does get that puch and knocks Floyd out ill celebrate. If Conor out boxes floyd (wont happen) I'll happily be wrong.

Your own life consists of over 700 posts about Conor McGregor... 95% of them hating him or his fans.

Seems a pretty sad waste of energy to me!

Again with the "hating"! Christ on a ****ing bike. You're absolutely delusional.

Sad waste of energy? Try relentlessly crawling through other people's post history.

It was a response to his backing away from his initial misleading portrayal of statistical analysis (again, it's becoming quite common for him) with a childish, nothing answer in "49-1".

FYI the Fight Metric stats are far from misleading.

Want to know why?

Because Conor does not throw many kicks/elbows. That's why.

If it was Wonderboy then fine, Fight Metric would be grossly misleading because he has a kick-centric style, so it'd be stupid to post those stats to try reflect his punching accuracy.

Conor threw a lot of leg kicks in the Diaz 2 fight which skewed the % by about 5% but aside from Diaz 2, he's not even a leg kicker.

So, no, they weren't "misleading stats" at all, they were a fair estimation of his accuracy.

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    What have you achieved that is so great?

Fcuk All to be honest but I do try every day to further my business and my own skills. If I am not rich by 60 it wont be due to lack of trying ;);)

Again with the "hating"! Christ on a ****ing bike. You're absolutely delusional.

Sad waste of energy? Try relentlessly crawling through other people's post history.

We will end up great pals in a twist ending don't worry :)

You dont like the label ''Hater'' but you are ok with calling people delusional or pathetic.....what gives you that right ?

and for all wonders posts you reply calling him out on it

We will end up great pals in a twist ending don't worry :)

was only thinking, be gas if you were long lost brothers or some **** like the buffers

FYI the Fight Metric stats are far from misleading.

Want to know why?

Because Conor does not throw many kicks/elbows. That's why.

If it was Wonderboy then fine, Fight Metric would be grossly misleading because he has a kick-centric style, so it'd be stupid to post those stats to try reflect his punching accuracy.

Conor threw a lot of leg kicks in the Diaz 2 fight which skewed the % by about 5% but aside from Diaz 2, he's not even a leg kicker.

So, no, they weren't "misleading stats" at all, they were a fair estimation of his accuracy.

There was a discussion of punching accuracy, into which you threw striking statistics from 202 in an attempt to suggest that McGregor could be more accurate than Mayweather. No qualification, no explanation. It was only when challenged that you made an attempt at analysing and breaking down the striking statistics (which we all agree can be difficult, so fair play), resulting in an "accuracy" score less than that of Mayweather from the Maidana fight used as reference.

So, by your posts, he was initially more accurate, but on further examination was not. That wasn't misleading how exactly?

• Advertisement

McGregor must feel bad about calling Elie a crackhead, as every time he's seen him since he's sound to him :P

You dont like the label ''Hater'' but you are ok with calling people delusional or pathetic.....what gives you that right ?

and for all wonders posts you reply calling him out on it

Of course I do. It's a discussion board. That's the point, yes?

McGregor in King Crisps boxer shorts.... or so it looks anyway :D

So, by your posts, he was initially more accurate, but on further examination was not. That wasn't misleading how exactly?

The point was never that Conor is more accurate than Mayweather. I 100% believe Floyd will have a far superior accuracy on the night. It was in response to someone who said Conor lacks accuracy.

Of course I do. It's a discussion board. That's the point, yes?

yes it a discussion board and believe it or not i do respect your opinion, regardless of if i agree or not.

My question was an honest one and not meant to incite anger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

In fairness nobody needs to crawl through your post history to get how you feel about McGregor and his fans.

The bleeding state of McGregors mates/entourage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

"This is Bruce Lee ****."

Whatever about the lad's chances, gotta admire his commitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Wonder i doubt leg kicks accounted for only 5% in diaz fight first two rounds he threw a lot and diaz didnt even attempt to block them

As was said clean is loosely defined and stats take in all manner of strikes.

• Advertisement

Reebok boots on today, might have signed with them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement