Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

.ak wrote: »
    In fairness nobody needs to crawl through your post history to get how you feel about McGregor and his fans.

How is that relevant to a statement about someone trawling through my pussy history? Tell me how I feel about McGregor and his fans? The answer is you don't have the first ****ing clue.

Gamebred is the biggest McGregor fanboy on this forum and I don't end up in disputes or debates or running battles with him. I also engage with and agree with wonder and other McGregor fans here on a frequent basis. It's nothing to do with whether you're a McGregor fan or not, hence my bemusement any time someone throws up the "hater" tag.

Higher guard than you expected in some of the routines, wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

He's not going to do 36 mins of this crap is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He just starred at the punched bag as he impersonated Bruce Lee....................... lads, I'm worried.

gitzy16v wrote: »
    He's not going to do 36 mins of this crap is he?

I thought I heard him say 12x3 minute rounds before it as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He said something about doing some sparring with Dashon I thought.

• Advertisement

He just starred at the punched bag as he impersonated Bruce Lee....................... lads, I'm worried.

Did you ever expect him to beat the best boxer of all time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Taking the meaning of "not giving anything away" to new heights. ;)

I thought I heard him say 12x3 minute rounds before it as well...

He's looking rough as a badgers arse here and gassing too...I get he wont be throwing as much come fight night but this looks poor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The difference in him v Floyd hitting the bag is very noticeable, Floyd was going easier but hardly took a breath, Conor explosive shots clearly tire him hes heavy breathing after that first round on the bag imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

How is that relevant to a statement about someone trawling through my pussy history? Tell me how I feel about McGregor and his fans? The answer is you don't have the first ****ing clue.

Your posts are a pretty good indication, actually... That's generally why people post their opinions on a forum. :pac:

• Advertisement

Some of McGregor's entourage give Floyd's a good run for their money in the moron stakes. I just heard a "very nice" as he slipped an incredibly slow moving bag. I'd do that in my boxercise class tomorrow morning ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

gitzy16v wrote: »
    He's looking rough as a badgers arse here and gassing too...I get he wont be throwing as much come fight night but this looks poor

I'm hoping by it's all some sun tzu stuff

Your posts are a pretty good indication, actually... That's generally why people post their opinions on a forum. :pac:

So just a load of bluster basically, with no evidence of anything? Cool, moving swiftly on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭XsApollo

He's a dead man,
    I'll be surprised if Floyd even breaks sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Some of McGregor's entourage give Floyd's a good run for their money in the moron stakes. I just heard a "very nice" as he slipped an incredibly slow moving bag. I'd do that in my boxercise class tomorrow morning ffs.

You should be the one fighting Floyd

Conor is looking sh!te here to be honest.... I am a massive fan but Floyd is going to finish him pretty easy, most likely due to Conor just gassing.

Short haired Sensei Portal is present I see ''Get the money''

Gamebred wrote: »
    The difference in him v Floyd hitting the bag is very noticeable, Floyd was going easier but hardly took a breath, Conor explosive shots clearly tire him hes heavy breathing after that first round on the bag imo.

Yep, Floyd's power on his hook especially was noticeable. McGregor expends a lot of energy but in fairness he's dancing around the bags, Floyd was just wandering shuffling and unloading. McGregor is sweating and panting because he's doing his best to paint a picture he'll 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee'.

In the ring it'll be totally different, Floyd will have to move with him. They'll both be working up a good sweat in the first round.

I do think Floyd has the power advantage, in a big way. You don't spend your life solely working on punching without knowing how to channel that kinetics into your fist without thinking.

If McGregor is as stiff as he is here I think Floyd will drop him easily with a body shot.

Tigger wrote: »
    I'm hoping by it's all some sun tzu stuff

Awh any hope I had of him doing the impossible is gone now...looks like a sky sports sat freebie fight night not the elite boxers that we see on PPV...Jeez I hope for his sake he's holding back otherwise he's getting knocked the fcuk out...Ricky Hatton looked a bigger puncher than Conor and we all know what happened him:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Surely if conor was this bad pauly margheritta would have been all over it by now, it's all a ruse - I hope!

• Advertisement

I agree yes hes dancing from bag to bag ect with different shots but you have to question his cardio, he works very hard clearly workrate wise but for someone on about efficiency my armchair view of this is worry for his cardio he looks fatiguing to me just hitting a few bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This can't be real lads... This is shocking stuff... His form is atrocious...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

What exactly is bad about his bag work? Floyd was tipping the heavy bag last night.

Like Floyd says, switching stance saps energy. McGregor hasn't settled into one stance for more than two combos.

All just camera stuff, flexing, etc. Like ardinn said, if McGregor positioned himself like this Paulie would've destroyed him. McGregor is obviously going to react to someone differently than a bunch of bags.

Is anyone else thinking about just lumping on Floyd via KO?

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    What exactly is bad about his bag work? Floyd was tipping the heavy bag last night.

Well mostly his footwork, and how he's sitting (or not sitting) down on his punches. He's tapping them mostly, very little lat engagement or transfer force.

But like I said, most of this seems just for the cameras, fancy stances and flash stance switches and slip and rips etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Is anyone else thinking about just lumping on Floyd via KO?

It's gone back in to 8/11, if it goes evens again I'm selling a kidney to raise capital to lump on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

It's gone back in to 8/11, if it goes evens again I'm selling a kidney to raise capital to lump on it.

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Well mostly his footwork, and how he's sitting (or not sitting) down on his punches. He's tapping them mostly, very little lat engagement or transfer force.

But like I said, most of this seems just for the cameras, fancy stances and flash stance switches and slip and rips etc.

It's a workout, not a bloody sparring session

• Advertisement

This can't be real lads... This is shocking stuff... His form is atrocious...

Hater.

Nah, in all seriousness, I don't think this is real. Like all myths though, there's an element of truth in there somewhere.

The cardio does seem worrying - add getting punched to the face and body repeatedly to what you're seeing here and it doesn't bode well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement