Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lol at waterboy Byrne "beautiful work" while looking on with a serious look on his face, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

.ak wrote: »
    Well mostly his footwork, and how he's sitting (or not sitting) down on his punches. He's tapping them mostly, very little lat engagement or transfer force.

But like I said, most of this seems just for the cameras, fancy stances and flash stance switches and slip and rips etc.

Floyd was tapping the bag last night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

I was hoping he'd work the pads with Roddy. That's usually when you see his best striking and movement.

D.Q wrote: »
    How much?

How much is a kidney running these days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

His mate in the shades is a awful tool standing their.

• Advertisement

It's a workout, not a bloody sparring session

I know that, that's what I was pointing out... But people were asking what's so bad about his form on the bags, just answering.

He cycles in gym shoes and his cycling partners are 40 y/o videographers and doctors. Or fat lads from his entourage out cyling in jeans. Not surprised he gasses so easily, his cardio routine is just a show to sell Macfast VHS tapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow he looks gassed to hell. He tended to fade in the later rounds against Nate and this workout doesn't suggest improved cardio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    What exactly is bad about his bag work? Floyd was tipping the heavy bag last night.
    Well mostly his footwork, and how he's sitting (or not sitting) down on his punches. He's tapping them mostly, very little lat engagement or transfer force.

But like I said, most of this seems just for the cameras, fancy stances and flash stance switches and slip and rips etc.

Love this vid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Not for 36 fooking mins he wasnt...this is a shambles...has Conor ever seen a boxing media workout cos this is the worst ive ever seen

• Advertisement

It's gone back in to 8/11, if it goes evens again I'm selling a kidney to raise capital to lump on it.

I get paid the salary on the 24th, half tempted to just throw it all on Floyd via KO/TKO...... if the fight is all above board it will happen fairly easily.

https://twitter.com/sixxpakk/status/896152646649749504

I hope this is the sort of madness hes bringing on fight night tbh

He cycles in gym shoes and his cycling partners are 40 y/o videographers and doctors. Or fat lads from his entourage out cyling in jeans. Not surprised he gasses so easily, his cardio routine is just a show to sell Macfast VHS tapes.

The doctor is a decent cyclist in fairness, but the others are a joke. Julian cruising on a mountain bike while the others are breaking their balls on 4 grand carbon road machines.

Ah he wasn't really... if you watch him on the maize bag the power he's putting into that without even having to sit down hard then compare it to what McGregor is doing is light and day imo.

Lol at waterboy Byrne "beautiful work" while looking on with a serious look on his face, hilarious.

That chap has a punchable face.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

People on here judging his boxing ability by watching him punch a heavy bag are absolute tools. You'll see his ability when he is hitting the pads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Three options I can see here
    1 he's gonna do the 12 rounds as then do pads or sparring or something show his tank
    2 this is is simply a ruse to give him a bigger punchers chance
    3 I don't want to talk about 3

People on here judging his boxing ability by watching him punch a heavy bag are absolute tools. You'll see his ability when he is hitting the pads

I've seen him hit pads, I've seen him spar CVH, I've seen him hitting bags, none of it inspires confidence.

Has anyone thought of the fact bar him nobody in his corner will ever have boxed a day in their life? forgot his odds being as short as one If he pulls a win here im putting this down as the greatest sporting achievement in history and by a distance

Ah he wasn't really... if you watch him on the maize bag the power he's putting into that without even having to sit down hard then compare it to what McGregor is doing is light and day imo.

Sorry bud but I don't see it. I rewatched Floyd. He throws about 1 in 5-7 as an actual punch. The rest are literally taps. And the punches don't seem to be any harder than McGregors tonight. As for footwork, Floyd is mostly standing in the one spot when working the heavy bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Gamebred wrote: »
    Has anyone thought of the fact bar him nobody in his corner will ever have boxed a day in their life? forgot his odds being as short as one If he pulls a win here im putting this down as the greatest sporting achievement in history and by a distance

Is there any word on what his corner is going to be? I assume Roddy is a cert but is Kavanagh actually going to be there too?

The hands went on the hips there after round 8 or whatever im on here (im 5 mins behind)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Love this vid

He was a bloody animal,
    The way he moved was unreal.

You'll see his ability on August 26th.

Is there any word on what his corner is going to be? I assume Roddy is a cert but is Kavanagh actually going to be there too?

Same as usual for mma I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

His cutman is actually a trainer too afaik, not that he's training him, but it's something!

Don't see why he didn't bring Michael Conlan in at least.

A bit of switch hitting thrown in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

36 minutes of terrible work from McGregor.

Flowy.

• Advertisement

Roddy, JK, Artem and Ido so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement