Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Wonder i doubt leg kicks accounted for only 5% in diaz fight first two rounds he threw a lot and diaz didnt even attempt to block them

As was said clean is loosely defined and stats take in all manner of strikes.

Not 5% of strikes thrown, it just amounts to a 5% difference is accuracy. I.e. he landed 40/45 leg kicks which is about 84%, but when you remove them from the overall stats they lower his punching accuracy by 5%.
    .ak wrote: »
    Like Floyd says, switching stance saps energy. McGregor hasn't settled into one stance for more than two combos.

All just camera stuff, flexing, etc. Like ardinn said, if McGregor positioned himself like this Paulie would've destroyed him. McGregor is obviously going to react to someone differently than a bunch of bags.

What people are missing (big time) is that Conor always looks dreadful in sparring even in MMA. I've lost track of the amount of times I've seen videos of Artem, Queally, Charlie Ward, Tom Egan make Conor look pretty average in training footage.

Makes me laugh but I love when Artem beats him to the punch in sparring and lands beautiful shots and Conor looks slow as fook. Then Conor shows up to Aldo or Alvarez on the big occasion and dominates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

GerryDerpy wrote: »
    Sorry bud but I don't see it. I rewatched Floyd. He throws about 1 in 5-7 as an actual punch. The rest are literally taps. And the punches don't seem to be any harder than McGregors tonight. As for footwork, Floyd is mostly standing in the one spot when working the heavy bag.

Yeah Floyd didn't use any footwork. Seems to want to conserve himself, fair enough.

Anybody spot the girl climbing on the rafters to get a good photo, and that ginger twat looking pissed he didn't think of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

Yeah Floyd didn't use any footwork. Seems to want to conserve himself, fair enough.

Ergo criticism of Conor's bag work is absolute shoite talk.

Anyone see the crazy photography up in the rafters?? Hahah mad b***h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

XsApollo wrote: »
    He was a bloody animal,
    The way he moved was unreal.

Scary, scary man.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

You'll see his ability on August 26th.

Yes, and he'll have more ability than any of you boxing 'experts' on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Ah lads, throwing in an Ali shuffle and the cheerleaders whooping at it is nonsense stuff altogether.

Ergo criticism of Conor's bag work is absolute shoite talk.

I think most people are talking about his punching.

I'm a fan of McGregors but if I was looking at his bag work I'd say this is terrible.

But he's not fighting a punching bag, hopefully..

Yes, and he'll have more ability than any of you boxing 'experts' on here.

Not quite sure how that's relevant when he's fighting Mayweather, not anyone here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    I'm quite impressed with Conor here, he is tired but working hard. He is looking faster than ever and seems to have added a few more looks. His head movement is still poor though and Floyd will punish him for that.

I agree with that - his cardio looks poor but he's maintained the same zip in his punches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He's getting stopped inside 4 rounds lads, I'm calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

That was Esther Lin in the rafters

XsApollo wrote: »
    He was a bloody animal,
    The way he moved was unreal.

His left hook was terrifying, and the way his entire back contracts as he steps into it. That'd break ribs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Reminds me of Yoel Romero a bit, no doubt works very hard but no matter what due to explosiveness of the movement the body fatigues noticeably,

The yes men shouting all day long here is ****ing hilarious not a punch in any of them bar Roddy and thats even reaching tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I agree with that - his cardio looks poor but he's maintained the same zip in his punches.

He's maintaining zip in his punches now as there's no punches coming back at him. If he's in this condition solely on the bag then Floyd is gonna have him gasping for air after 2 or 3 rounds, if even. It saddens me to say.

Paulie talked a lot of nonsense but one thing he said that has stayed with me, is conor is surrounded by yes men who are just full of praise all the time, and therefore he can't make significant strides, in his boxing game at least, as there's noboby there to point out his flaws. Shame really

Oh holy mother of Jesus the state of that Byrne melon. All day!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like John Kavanagh. Don't know too much about the rest of them but that fawning entourage are cringeworthy.

"I have to go to the toilet lads."

"Ooooooooh. Great. Nice. All day. That's it. That's it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

rocky-punching-meat-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Oh holy mother of Jesus the state of that Byrne melon. All day!!

He is pathetic, and that other fat idiot who keeps wearing the shades. These lads really act like they're big shots just cos their pal made it big. It's bizarre

I think most people are talking about his punching.

I'm a fan of McGregors but if I was looking at his bag work I'd say this is terrible.

But he's not fighting a punching bag, hopefully..

Well then Floyd hits the bag like a 4 year old. But obviously that is unfair and wrong to say...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

dulux99 wrote: »
    as there's noboby there to point out his flaws. Shame really

None of them have ever boxed a day in their lives, they have no clue whatsoever.

darced wrote: »

Yeah but in fairness he'll move his head when 8oz or 10oz gloves are flying at it.

He does look stiff in his legs when he throws that follow up hook to his jab. That's where I see him getting punished, when he throws a combo for the sake of it and gets stuck on his heels.

dulux99 wrote: »
    He is pathetic, and that other fat idiot who keeps wearing the shades. These lads really act like they're big shots just cos their pal made it big. It's bizarre

Absolute yes men sycophants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

LOL at the mirror. What the actual f*ck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Anyone know if McGregor has a sponsor for the soles of his shoes yet??

• Advertisement

Yeah but in fairness he'll move his head when 8oz or 10oz gloves are flying at it.

He does look stiff in his legs when he throws that follow up hook to his jab. That's where I see him getting punished, when he throws a combo for the sake of it and gets stuck on his heels.

Legs have to be stiff for power no?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement