Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Django99 wrote: »
    All very true, upsets can and do happen.

So what if I say this - if McGregor and Mayweather fought MMA rules in the octagon, it would be ridiculous to write off Mayweather because anything can happen in sport. He could land a clean punch within 10 seconds and knock McGregor unconscious. It would be foolish to disregard his chances of doing this.

Now I wouldn't ever say the above at all, I think if it was an MMA fight it would be ridiculous to give Mayweather a chance, even though there is a possibility of the above happening. But we should be realistic when we assess the chances of someone winning, and when we're realistic in assessing Mayweather v McGregor in a boxing match, there is no rational argument to suggest McGregor should be competitive in any way.

Nope giving Floyd a chance in the cage wouldnt be crazy at all

its been done before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

pone2012 wrote: »
    Except both of those are tennis players..and Conor Mcgregor is not a boxer

Try again...this time use a representative comparison

Fine.

Mark Selby won the World Pool Championships despite entering it as a snooker player.

2 different (but similar) sports, he was supposed to be vastly outmatched in the nuances of pool but he won the world title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Fine.

Mark Selby won the World Pool Championships despite entering it as a snooker player.

2 different (but similar) sports, he was supposed to be vastly outmatched in the nuances of pool but he won the world title.

I thought your 1st response was good - thats undeniable

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

LOL Paulie will be steaaaaming! Hahah

Oh Boy Paulie is going to explode.

• Advertisement

Paulie is going to flip.

Incoming 3, 2, 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Fine.

Despite the fact that you know the skillset is 100% transferable whereas in MMA it's about 16% (equally weighing punches, kicks, elbows, knees, take-downs, submissions..)

Let me ask

Did he beat the best pool player of all time??

Didn't think so...

Try again... Perhaps third time you'll provide an accurate representation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Concussion talk......... :P

Conor is in great form here.

I love this version of Conor, subtle trolling is on another level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Conor actually thinks he got the better of CVH in their session?

The delusion is real lads.

Conor actually thinks he got the better of CVH in their session?

The delusion is real lads.

He didn't actually say that in fairness.

.ak wrote: »
    He didn't actually say that in fairness.

He did, he said that he watched the rounds back and "I'm watching it and this fella's getting slapped around".

He did, he said that he watched the rounds back and "I'm watching it and this fella's getting slapped around".

Yeah, and he said he lit him up.

He never said he got the better of him.

He did land on him, I don't think he bettered him, but he's not wrong when he said he lit him up. He's always going to speak positive and confidently about himself.

He did land some good punches on the South African guy thats not debatable weather he won or not I dont know I didnt score it but he clearly touched him up yet people claim he couldnt land a punch on a pro,

Conor seems in good form re his mma return here, if hes lying hes some actor but im pretty sure hes coming back to the ufc.

I like the fact he's a Loma fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

It wasn't anything close to a spar (in the true sense of the word) don't waste your time watching it .... Conor's just saying that to annoy the guy as he never shuts up about it.

Here it is anyway..............

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

darced wrote: »

It's not a full video, it's a badly edited cropped video that somebody recorded on a potato.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Conor talks a great game...shame he looked wooden in the workout.
    Hope he wins but I wouldn't put money on it.

darced wrote: »

Well the above is the longest version I've seen........ and there are also two edited versions....... one from Van Heerden, and one from McGregor.

Everyone (including Paulie) says that McGregor released it first but it was actually Van Heerden that released an edited clip first after getting permission off McGregor's manager. He then asked them to take it down but TMZ had posted it on their website in the interim and so it was too late. Weeks later the McGregor camp released an edit of Conor's best bits and that was when Van Heerden snapped on Twitter..... but I think they made up a few weeks later and Van Heerden kinda withdrew what he had said.

No idea what it all turned sour again... which it must have as everytime I see Van Heerden interviewed he has a bee in his bonnet about it.

Conor said in his scrum there he didnt post the picture of Paulie on the deck, had thought so, Byrne and Fogarty were to blame clearly.

Someone said it was posted by someone else on Instagram and then deleted, and Yogurty and Gerry posted it themselves later on.

That would tie in with Conor's comments as he is saying he has no idea how it was leaked.... I doubt he would say that about two of his own camp.

All Access Episode 3. It's not in the proper format but if I find a better one I'll post it. This one will do for now. It features an interview with Roddy.

Think Paulie will be happy with how he was portrayed in that anyway given that they said "Team Mcgregor released a series of photos" and that goes against Conor saying 'They were leaked'.

Artem sticking the boot into Paulie :pac:

John gives Mayweather 1 round if 8oz gloves.

Knockdown / "Push" released! Make up your own mind folks! :D

https://twitter.com/TalkMMA/status/896217625872695296

Knockdown / "Push" released! Make up your own mind folks! :D

https://twitter.com/TalkMMA/status/896217625872695296

LMAO

Conor catches him clean behind the ear, Paulie falls over...

Knockdown. Start counting.

• Advertisement

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXrdc2Ygo-H/?taken-by=danawhite

Another video of Conor beating the brakes off Paulie.

Before anyone says "it's edited", I'm aware it's a 15 second clip. It's still Conor toying with a 2-weight world champion boxer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement