Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

PDF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Don't know if this was posted already, but Jaysus............ thought the Brooklyn strides were mad.

https://twitter.com/ConormcGregor5/status/896747923324772352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Helen Yee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEHAWWW!!!!

Jebus crisps!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

As much as I love Conor, and as much as I absolutely wanted to see the sparring footage, I can now assuredly say I never want or need to see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Conor if you're lurking, I'm available August 26th if you need a personal emotional support section in the T-Mobile :pac:

Qualifications:

* Hard working defending your game all-day everyday.
    * Take part and then take over a Conor-thread.
    * Bring a strong evidence-based posting style.
    * Clean work (grammar).
    * Apologize to nobody for confidence in your talent.
    * They say I've no chance of staying up all night defending you, I say 'doubt me now' while eulogizing about you at 530am.
    * Loyalty.

Downside:

* Petrified of flying.
    * Will probably puke my ring up with nerves.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

just read last 3 pages on the boxing forum
    wow the hatred is real
    no respect towards conor at all or acceptance of him having any ability at all
    they will lose there lives if he pulls this off - they will have to close up for a few days

if conor does lose and puts up a good show i think everybody on here would be happy with that result
    some over there think he doesnt lay a glove on him which is just plain deluded

1 lad even claimed the ppv are way down lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Well, firstly, love that guys vids, his 'What really happened' ones are always worth a watch....

However, I'm not really sure why you're posting that vid to back up your view McGregor pulled Paulie down, as he doesn't (necessarily at least) agree with you, or to be more to the point...... more of what he says could be used to support my view of what happened, than yours. A few examples:

At 1m32 he says:

and at 1m40 he says that it landed and at 2m30 (speaking about Paulie's right hook) he says:

So, he's now saying that Paulie's been hit by a jab and now as he throws a right is showing signs of being off balance and this is all BEFORE Conor's left glove even touches the back of Paulie's head............. ......

At 2m08 he says (regarding that last left hook Conor threw:

So now he's even adding the possibility that left might have clipped Conor too!

Now, while I personally don't think that left landed, the fact that he is saying that left might have connected, just further weakens the view that Paulie lost his balance and footing because Conor was pulling/pushing him down.

To sum up: he admits Paulie eat a jab, showed signs of being unsteady right after that as he threw a right hook which missed and that he might have been clipped by Conor's left...... and all this was obviously before that left glove began "pulling" or "pushing" Paulies head............. but yet we're supposed to dismiss all that went before that and just see it is as Conor pushing / pulling him to the ground.

To cap it all off, at 2m58 he says:

Let's be honest, the guy is all over the place with mights and maybes. One minute he says that he doesn't think it should be seen as a knockdown, the next he is saying things which support the view that it should be seen as just that.

End of the day, but for McGregor landing shots, Paulie wouldn't have lost his footing....... and if gassing and losing your balance negates or nullifies knockdowns that wouldn't have happened if that fighter wasn't gassed or unsteady, then there are a whole heap of famous knockdowns that we'd have to go back and strike from the records that were similarly messy.

Knockdown, no knockdown, doesn't really matter though....... what matters is that this guys made up a bull**** reason for leaving the camp and said that he was pushed down because he was beating the breaks off McGregor and he couldn't handle it so resorted to pushing him down out of frustration...... all of which is a load of bollox. He still maintains he won that round by the way.

Anyway, one thing which I don't think has gotten enough attention is just how much power Conor seemed to have after sparring for 12 Rounds. Now I know Paulie is a fat, ex pro etc etc, but I think it's still pretty impressive to be throwing this kind of shot in Round 12, even against the now obese magic man.

giphy.gif

Let's just agree to disagree then, no ill feeling or anything.

Deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Conor if you're lurking, I'm available August 26th if you need a personal emotional support section in the T-Mobile :pac:

Qualifications:

* Hard working defending your game all-day everyday.
    * Take part and then take over a Conor-thread.
    * Bring a strong evidence-based posting style.
    * Clean work (grammar).
    * Apologize to nobody for confidence in your talent.
    * They say I've no chance of staying up all night defending you, I say 'doubt me now' while eulogizing about you at 530am.
    * Loyalty.

Downside:

* Petrified of flying.
    * Will probably puke my ring up with nerves.

;)

What is this like???? Honestly???

I can't wait for this damn fight to be over with. Never thought it would happen because I thought it was too farfetched. Now it's clear it's perfectly farfetched enough. Such a circus.

McGregor is going to be embarrassed (in a boxing sense). Finished by a barrage of body shots imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

callaway92 wrote: »
    McGregor is going to be embarrassed (in a boxing sense). Finished by a barrage of body shots imo.

Or just hit everywhere so many times it'll be stopped.

Hes getting embarrassed either way though yeah.

The Nal wrote: »
    Or just hit everywhere so many times it'll be stopped.

Hes getting embarrassed either way though yeah.

Yeh I spose I was being a bit too specific. Finished up against the ropes with the ref stepping in is what I see happening.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

What is this like???? Honestly???

I can't wait for this damn fight to be over with. Never thought it would happen because I thought it was too farfetched. Now it's clear it's perfectly farfetched enough. Such a circus.

How much have you got on the tko at 8/11? easy dough you'll make a mint if you that confident.

Gamebred wrote: »
    How much have you got on the tko at 8/11? easy dough you'll make a mint if you that confident.

Haven't put on a bet on months. Why does everything have to be brought back to gambling to try to 'make a point'?

It's always you that makes comments like that too. Not nice

Haven't put on a bet on months. Why does everything have to be brought back to gambling?

You're so confident put your money where your mouth is, easy to talk with so much certainty when theres nothing on the line, your words hold no strength you're claiming to be so confident yet not clearly enough to put your hard earned down for the freest money ever.

You're so confident put your money where your mouth is, easy to talk with so much certainty when theres nothing on the line, your words hold no strength you're claiming to be so confident yet not clearly enough to put your hard earned down for the freest money ever.

You're genuinely talking like a bully here.

I don't want to gamble on the fight. Nothing wrong with that..Not particularly sure why you're singling me out. I don't have to bet on the fight if I don't want to.

I've seen you say stuff like this to other people too. Not nice on a forum where A) lot of under 18 year olds and B) it's just not in the spirit of the forum in fairness.

We can have our own opinions... Don't feel the need to lambaste someone on it for the sake of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Some people just don't gamble out of principle in fairness.

You're genuinely talking like a bully here.

I don't want to gamble on the fight. Nothing wrong with that..Not particularly sure why you're singling me out. I don't have to bet on the fight if I don't want to.

A bully hahahahahahahahahah

Funniest thing ive read on here and that takes some doing congrats snowflake,

again your strong opinions hold very little merit talk a big game yet no balls to back it up, i'll leave it at that and block you so I dont have to see the tripe posted by you cheers.

A bully hahahahahahahahahah

Funniest thing ive read on here and that takes some doing congrats snowflake,

again your strong opinions hold very little merit talk a big game yet no balls to back it up, i'll leave it at that and block you so I dont have to see the tripe posted by you cheers.

You are a nasty person. Plain and simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

McGregor needs to think outside the box,
    like Floyd does in this fight:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Or maybe some people have a problem with gambling, either morally or financially, and people goading them into gambling is annoying???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Haven't put on a bet on months. Why does everything have to be brought back to gambling to try to 'make a point'?

That's the craziness of some threads and some people's arguments. It takes all sorts. Betting with strangers on a circus event on the internet!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Or maybe some people have a problem with gambling, either morally or financially, and people goading them into gambling is annoying???

People consistantly coming into a McGregor thread, on an MMA forum, and not even a McGregor vs Mayweather thread, and bleating on about it being a circus, a sham, horrendous for both MMA and boxing, etc etc etc is a touch annoying too.

Who mentioned betting with strangers? there is 1/4 odds available on Mayweather winning, 25% interest free easy cash so people with such strong convictions should pile in, except they wont because these statements are easily made on a forum when in reality you dont think hes that much of a certainty,

Wish I could find a 1/4 shot that has no chance of losing id empty my bank accounts on it.

People consistantly coming into a McGregor thread, on an MMA forum, and not even a McGregor vs Mayweather thread, and bleating on about it being a circus, a sham, horrendous for both MMA and boxing, etc etc etc is a touch annoying too.

Oh, there's a Mayweather v McGregor thread on the MMA forum?

Who mentioned betting with strangers? there is 1/4 odds available on Mayweather winning, 25% interest free easy cash so people with such strong convictions should pile in, except they wont because these statements are easily made on a forum when in reality you dont think hes that much of a certainty,

Wish I could find a 1/4 shot that has no chance of losing id empty my bank accounts on it.

But why bother bringing up this betting/gambling angle at all? Some people don't gamble. Does it preclude them (or lessen their view) being very confident/sure of an event happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This is excellent..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »
    Oh, there's a Mayweather v McGregor thread on the MMA forum?

No, but aren't you king of the one on the boxing forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Might be annoying, but is it going to maybe push someone over the edge and back into a destructive habit?? Would you push an alcoholic to have just one beer??

I'm a massive McGregor fan. Massive boxing and MMA fan. - Still hate the fight and everything it stands for. Still think McGregor will get humiliated in the ring (not money or fame-wise obviously).

No, but aren't you king of the one on the boxing forum?

Ok,

so no McGregor v Mayweather thread on the MMA forum....

Am I ok to maybe post on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement