Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Dana: (4:00 onwards, first 4 mins is Contender Series chat)

"I'm just telling ya it was a 12-round straight ass-whooping, it was as bad of an ass whooping as I've ever seen. We gave Showtime the footage and they decided not to use any of it (on last weeks All Access) so not to embarrass Paulie. Conor won all 12-rounds easily, the only rounds Paulie "won" were when Conor got docked 2 points (by Joe Cortez) for pulling on his neck. Conor is going to fight Floyd like Maidana did."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maybe I'm being naive but if Dana is telling the truth about sending the footage of the entire spar to Showtime, do they actually trust Stephen Espinoza not to forward it to Floyd?

I don't know. Something fishy is going on here. Either Dana is lying or Conor's gameplan is very different to how he fought against Paulie, because Conor would have to assume Floyd is getting that footage from Espinoza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

At 1m40 in the following clip McGregor talks about sending over the footage also, but suggests at first that it was just the knockdown portion they sent...............

Full interview with Floyd from tonight's Kimmel..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Maybe I'm being naive but if Dana is telling the truth about sending the footage of the entire spar to Showtime, do they actually trust Stephen Espinoza not to forward it to Floyd?

I don't know. Something fishy is going on here. Either Dana is lying or Conor's gameplan is very different to how he fought against Paulie, because Conor would have to assume Floyd is getting that footage from Espinoza.

This is absolute tin hat stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Full interview with Floyd from tonight's Kimmel..............

Best line from Floyd, on why he got into the strip club business.

"Breasts, Vagina, Music and Alcohol will never go out of style" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well I feel you subscribe to the idea that Conor only got Paulie in to answer for the ****e talk then the camp would've predicted he'd go to Floyd to talk. I doubt he gave an awful lot away in those 12 rounds. He's fighting Floyd, not Paulie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Maybe it's insurance for team Conor...

He gets thoroughly beaten/exposed Aug 26 and sure they can always come back with "we whupped Paulie 12-0."

Plenty of fanboys be happy with that as a result..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe it's insurance for team Conor...

He gets thoroughly beaten/exposed Aug 26 and sure they can always come back with "we whupped Paulie 12-0."

Plenty of fanboys be happy with that as a result..

Regardless of what happens I don't think he'll mention it post fight.

If anything it was a promotional thing, and frankly it probably needed to be done with Paullie saying he beat McGregor etc and all the interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Best line from Floyd, on why he got into the strip club business.

"Breasts, Vagina, Music and Alcohol will never go out of style" :D

Kimmell should have said "or Floyd, what about... unlike your wife, you can't beat Strip Clubs"...

What time is the decision on the gloves due??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dana: (4:00 onwards, first 4 mins is Contender Series chat)

"I'm just telling ya it was a 12-round straight ass-whooping, it was as bad of an ass whooping as I've ever seen. We gave Showtime the footage and they decided not to use any of it (on last weeks All Access) so not to embarrass Paulie. Conor won all 12-rounds easily, the only rounds Paulie "won" were when Conor got docked 2 points (by Joe Cortez) for pulling on his neck. Conor is going to fight Floyd like Maidana did."

I thought paulie himself had the best counterpoint to that I'd be interested what people think, where he said 'if it was such a one-sided ass-whooping for 12 rounds, how did he last til the end in his condition?'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Good. I think the 8oz gloves favour the experienced boxer. Team McGregor are being far too short sighted by saying they're closer to 4oz ...

Anyone hear this rumour that Floyd got sparked cold in training? I'm sure it's absolute BS, would love to know who started it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone hear this rumour that Floyd got sparked cold in training? I'm sure it's absolute BS, would love to know who started it.

Paulie-Malignaggi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

.ak wrote: »

Got sent it as a screenshot last night. Checked the origin and it was some guy on twitter with 14 posts and 160 followers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Ferguson Vs Lee for interim title (supposedly, I should add). Wonder, you were on the money with predictions around Lee...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Just on this Wonder, I've seen you mention it a few times, why the focus on no clips? To my mind clips would make it more dangerous if he is not used to them. If he was going at a slow pace and loses balance, a simple foot to the ground stops him falling over.

If wearing cycling shoes and is not used to unclipping, he could easily forget he needs to unclip or not move his foot to the right angle to be able to unclip, and thus lose balance and fall more easily.

Can't see Nevada approving 8 ounce...........

They're already been criticized for even allowing a boxer, in his debut bout, fight a 49-0 veteran of the sport.... and many would say rightfully so too.

I think Mayweather knows damn well they would never approve it either.

Can't see Nevada approving 8 ounce...........

They're already been criticized for even allowing a boxer, in his debut bout, fight a 49-0 veteran of the sport.... and many would say rightfully so too.

I think Mayweather knows damn well they would never approve it either.

The NAC's integrity is questionable - money talks, it seems. I suspect they'll do whatever both parties want. Real question is who will they bend to in the event of difference of opinion...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I wouldn't worry so much about the clips, but bad technique on the rower could cause back injury, and it wouldn't do his ACL a whole heap of good, as there is an existing injury there.

And that needs to be shut down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The NAC's integrity is questionable - money talks, it seems. I suspect they'll do whatever both parties want. Real question is who will they bend to in the event of difference of opinion...

8oz or 10oz gloves won't affect the money they make on the fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hypothetical but does anyone who gives Conor no chance think in mma gloves it goes the same way? I wont be buying the ppv as im not in the country but I would 100% buy it if they wore mma gloves, most violent **** ive seen in muay thai in a cage wearing mma gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Gamebred wrote: »
    Hypothetical but does anyone who gives Conor no chance think in mma gloves it goes the same way? I wont be buying the ppv as im not in the country but I would 100% buy it if they wore mma gloves, most violent **** ive seen in muay thai in a cage wearing mma gloves.

It would make it more interesting for sure, but I'd still say Mayweather would hold all the advantages with boxing rules.

I'd say he seen the Russian name and presumed wrestler, never seen a Ar-tem fight in his life complete charlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

That's a 17.20 on a Friday evening, just before you go home article.

"Davies, have this on my desk before you go!"

"Wha, aw jeez, fine."

tap tap tap tap bzzzt bzzzt printing noises

"Right, see ya Monday, boss."

Mellor wrote: »
    8oz or 10oz gloves won't affect the money they make on the fight.

It certainly adds a new dynamic to the marketing - it's additive hype one way or the other. Consider how much coverage it's getting, which equates with dollars.

Edit: oh yeah, in respect of NAC, yes. But then again, it's the NAC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,586 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It certainly adds a new dynamic to the marketing - it's additive hype one way or the other. Consider how much coverage it's getting, which equates with dollars.
    How does it equate to more dollars for the NSAC?
    They don't get a PPV share. And even they did, I doubt anybody - who wasn't paying for it- suddenly forks over $100 when they change gloves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement