Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

walshb wrote: »
    I gave it. TKO-KO 6 for Floyd. Floyd being the winner.

Excellent thats all I wanted cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gamebred wrote: »
    Excellent thats all I wanted cheers.

Now you can slate me on Aug 27!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

If Conor posted this workout he'd be ripped to shreds.

Yes, yes I'm fully aware Floyd posted it to look like he's not taking the fight very seriously but I just think it's interesting how people slate Conor's workouts regardless of what he does and Floyd's workouts are all 34th Dimensional Chess mind games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can someone clear up something small for me.

On Schuabs podcast yesterday, when he was talking to Paulie, he mentioned the Van Heerden video etc and how it was released.

Schuab is insistent that Van Heerden released the footage first but I thought he released his video AFTER the MacLife had released edited footage of the spar. Is that what happened or what was the timeline.

Just interested to know.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »

On Schuabs podcast yesterday, when he was talking to Paulie, he mentioned the Van Heerden video etc and how it was released.

Schuab is insistent that Van Heerden released the footage first but I thought he released his video AFTER the MacLife had released edited footage of the spar. Is that what happened or what was the timeline.

Just interested to know.

Conor went first but he only released it after Van Heerden did 300 interviews saying Conor wouldn't be able to beat any pro boxer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Gintonious wrote: »

Just interested to know.

I think it was Tony Jeffries (Schaub's friend and owns the gym it happened in) who said Van Heerden released the footage/started talking about it first and then McGregor released his footage.

I don't know if it's true but if it's false and McGregor released it first I can see why Jeffries would back up McGregor. Him rolling into the gym and posting a few photos online a few times a year is great promotion for his gym.

I got a good laugh at both Berto and Schaub insinuated Floyd is juicing on that podcast.

I was saying yesterday it was down to Robert Byrd or Tony Weeks for ref.

Commission went with Byrd. Good news for Conor with how he let the clinch go in Ward-Kovalev.

EDIT - Conor also got his wish on having one international judge (Guido Cavalleri)

Froch and Hardy's daily installment.

Today: Gloves. They both try on the opposite gloves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Conor ko's may in round 2

• Advertisement

Excellent guys no fence sitting, that eliminates the chances of people coming on here on the 27th ''I knew Conor would ko him it was obvious'' or vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Regarding Conor's representative saying he's 160, how accurate is this likely to be? I'm guessing he's a few pounds more, maybe 164/5. Given the NAC's incompetency, it's perhaps likely they wouldn't require proof of fact...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Regarding Conor's representative saying he's 160, how accurate is this likely to be? I'm guessing he's a few pounds more, maybe 164/5. Given the NAC's incompetency, it's perhaps likely they wouldn't require proof of fact...

I'd guess under, but not by much.

I'd guess under, but not by much.

maybe, certainly doesn't look anywhere near as big as the Diaz fights.

DHXpzMFWsAAVwAK.jpg

This wasnt even brought up in the meeting I believe, wild west out in Vegas there will be serious trouble if one of the men is seriously injured.

No doubt the NAC received other envelopes that contained no letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

DHXpzMFWsAAVwAK.jpg

This wasnt even brought up in the meeting I believe, wild west out in Vegas there will be serious trouble if one of the men is seriously injured.

Shocking that the NSAC going over the head of doctors etc.

I'm going Mayweather within 3 TKO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

DHXpzMFWsAAVwAK.jpg

I think the letter was in relation to the 0-0 boxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

According to some media outlets. The 8oz gloves have already been approved. Apparently as a "one time exception"

Mayweather got what he wanted. Lighter gloves for faster hand speed and greater impact, and the likelyhood of increased PPV buys. Wouldn't be one bit surprised if this was all in his plan from the beginning

My view on the smaller gloves wont make any real difference except the fact theres less padding and Floyd is more likely to break his hands using them.

• Advertisement

Sky Sports reports 8oz gloves approved and Robert Byrd as the Ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Could well be Conor is mulling some techniques that bend the rules to make his game work, and nullify FMJ.

The italy ruck is an interesting one. Similar to the way people used to attempt high jump before Dick Fosbury and long distance ultra marathons before Cliff Young.

I just can't see it mind. either way ill be watching, fight week with McGregor is always fun and I expect the drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Also don't get your hopes up for a one sided beat down on August 26th. Floyd is the master of doing just enough to win rounds. That is his current form. The thoughts of fecking up his record is enough for him to continue with that form.

In my opinion he will do what it takes to get to 50-0, he will not make it a mission to get a finish. Despite the #FakeNews he keeps releasing on YouTube.

The above combined with McGregor being tough as nails. I don't see him being finished - unless his cardio goes off a cliff like we have seen before.

Context: Huge McGregor fanboy, only see the fight going Floyd decision or 1% chance of McGregor KO. I have the KO backed for fun, going to back the decision as my serious bet.

Following up on yesterday. The Irish bias on Paddy Power is mad. Since the news on the gloves broke, you can get Mayweather decision at 11/4 - best price on the market.

I jumped on it. This is the only way I see the fight going, got best available prices for both:

425362.png425360.PNG

My view on the smaller gloves wont make any real difference except the fact theres less padding and Floyd is more likely to break his hands using them.

It just means Floyd stops Conor quicker. It's good news for anyone one with Mayweather by KO bets. Once the bookies cop on to the change, expect odds on Mayweather by KO/TKO to drop further

The lighter gloves favours the boxer-puncher. Floyd's shots with now be a little faster with greater effective, Meanwhile the smaller glove surface area will leave McGregor further exposed to Floyd's shots, His defense is further compromised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

It just means Floyd stops Conor quicker. It's good news for anyone one with Mayweather by KO bets. Once the bookies cop on to the change, expect odds on Mayweather by KO/TKO to drop further

The lighter gloves favours the boxer-puncher. Floyd's shots with now be a little faster with greater effective, Meanwhile the smaller glove surface area will leave McGregor further exposed to Floyd's shots, His defense is further compromised

Odds on either fighter by KO/TKO have come in but overall Floyd has drifted in the Market. You can now get him to win at 1/4 :eek:

Following up on yesterday. The Irish bias on Paddy Power is mad. Since the news on the gloves broke, you can get Mayweather decision at 11/4 - best price on the market.

I jumped on it. This is the only way I see the fight going, got best available prices for both:

425362.png425360.PNG

I see It as less likely to be a decision now. Floyd's chances of a KO/ TKO win will increase with 8oz Gloves. All of his career Knockouts have come in 8's.

McGregor has a big head and good chin, If he he hurts his hands hitting it there wont be any finish.

Excellent guys no fence sitting, that eliminates the chances of people coming on here on the 27th ''I knew Conor would ko him it was obvious'' or vice versa.

Between rounds 5-9 Conor gets stopped. He doesn't get KO'd but a barage of punches get the ref to stop it or his corner to throw in the towel. While Conor is a better overall fighter than Floyd...... Floyd is in for the easiest fight of his life.

If I am wrong I'll come back and admit it, but I very much doubt there is any chance of that.

Odds on either fighter by KO/TKO have come in but overall Floyd has drifted in the Market. You can now get him to win at 1/4 :eek:

The Irish market is extremely bias for McGregor. You'd be lucky to get 1/8 on a Mayweather win. 1/4 is an absolute steal.

• Advertisement

The Irish market is extremely bias for McGregor. You'd be lucky to get 1/8 on a Mayweather win. 1/4 is an absolute steal.

He's actually a better price stateside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement