Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Any idea what it would cost me to get the fight? Is it ridiculous money?

On tv? 25 euro I think but there'll be a fair few late night venues showing it, probably the usual spots in Dublin anyway.

To go in person? No idea. Flights & hotel + $2,500 for a ticket, so maybe a little over 4 grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

John_D80 wrote: »
    I saw it. Its so bad its not even funny the way some bad waxworks are.

Its actually an embarrassment for anyone connected to it.

EDIT: Found a pic.

original?width=630&version=3549387

The waxwork is the one in front btw.

Jaysus that's bad. Looks more like Gunni Nelson with a bad toupe and a cheap Penny's suit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,585 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Odds on either fighter by KO/TKO have come in but overall Floyd has drifted in the Market. You can now get him to win at 1/4 :eek:

He was already 1/4 before today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

So is conor going on an american chat show like floyd ?
    If so when?

• Advertisement

So is conor going on an american chat show like floyd ?
    If so when?

Conan O' Brien. Tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

walshb wrote: »
    I think I wanna' change my 6th rd KO/TKO victory for Floyd...

His bezzie, Biebs is saying it's unlikely that Floyd gets the KO...

Although Floyd is on record saying that Conor going the distance would be a victory for him...

Are you serious? If you follow boxing as closely as you let on, surely you know to disregard everything Floyd and his camp says in the build up to a fight.

Past performance shows he is one of the GOATs, it also shows he is full of sh!te...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

sc86 wrote: »

Fair play to him re the racism stuff. Very strong condemnation of Floyd for bringing race into it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Conor giving Roddy rowing advice......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When was the last time McGregor did any Irish media, bar his own MacLife?

Does anyone else find this a bit odd, I find it hard to believe that it's the media that don't want to interview him as he was on The Late Late twice, Off the Ball, and morning TV too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Well, clowns like Joe Duffy suggesting he wasn't all that bothered about João Carvalho dying has a fair bit to do with it I'd say.

They seem to get on with Tubridy though, so I'd expect to see him on there than anywhere else.

Tonight's appearance on Conan is only via satellite.

Uploaded it but it was copyright blocked immediately.

Here's a clip from the official Conan channel on YT anyway.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are you serious? If you follow boxing as closely as you let on..
    No. Not serious..,,

Well spotted..

And what's to let on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

No. Not serious..,,

Well spotted..

And what's to let on?

Fair enough, hard to tell over forums sometimes :) The one thing that's not up for debate about this fight is how Floyd runs a disinformation campaign for every fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://vid.me/JJfHH

Official Sky Sports promo.

The fan edits/promos are way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

https://vid.me/JJfHH

Official Sky Sports promo.

The fan edits/promos are way better.

Have they rehashed all that old Floyd stuff from his house on the roller skates? Looks familiar.

Yeah, haven definitely seen much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

I've been sucked into the promotion surrounding this fight since it began and I'm a big Conor fan. I did think initially that Conor could cause an upset - part of that was down to him needing to get into Floyds head, which I don't think he has managed to do - but after reading through so much back and forth on here about how he could do it/ how he has no hope whatsoever, I took the time to look back over Mayweather's fights.

He has an amazing chin and even when he has been rocked by the likes of Mosley he comes out in the next round and has his opponent figured out. The second shot Mosley landed right after the one that had Floyd holding his arm just to stay upright shook Floyd down to his ankles, but he stayed on his feet.

I see it ending up going along the lines of the Canelo fight with Floyd just landing at will and the ref stopping it around the 7th. When I put the blinkers back on I see Conor having a slim chance and that's enough to make me buy the ppv.

I love when Conor is relaxed and laughing like that. His last appearance on Conan he was a bit uptight and nervous but this was a great little interview, hit all the right notes.

• Advertisement

Perry12 wrote: »
    I see it ending up going along the lines of the Canelo fight with Floyd just landing at will and the ref stopping it around the 7th. When I put the blinkers back on I see Conor having a slim chance and that's enough to make me buy the ppv.

I think you may need to re-watch the Canelo fight then. There was no landing at will. And many of the landed shots were of the grazing/swiping variety.

If Conor is 25 percent as competitive as Canelo he'll be doing great.

Canelo is a fantastic boxer.

Conor is not a boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Perry12

I think you may need to re-watch the Canelo fight then. There was no landing at will. And many of the landed shots were of the grazing/swiping variety.

If Conor is 25 percent as competitive as Canelo he'll be doing great.

Canelo is a fantastic boxer.

Conor is not a boxer.

I'm not saying Canelo isn't a great boxer or comparing him to Conor. From about round 7 Floyd was landing shots and frustrating Canelo so in my opinion Floyd was teeing off on him in those later rounds.

I also think that Canelo would beat the socks off of Conor. I don't see Conor being as competitive as Canelo by any stretch

Vue Cinema showing the fight.

Preferentially, I'd like to watch it like that...... but only with the cinema to myself and a few friends.

Could get a bunch of arsehats at it and Vue serve alcohol too, so could be messy.

Also, spending that amount of time in a seat wouldn't feel too good and if you only turned up for the main event, I'd imagine all the best would be gone.

Tickets €20 anyway (Screen 4 and Screen 7). Recliner/VIP Seats seem to be extra €2.

260x368_mayweathervmcgregor.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Guaranteed to be dickheads at those screenings, rather pay the extra fiver and watch it at home.

I think you'd be off your head risking going to a cinema to watch this....

Nice option for people all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I'd rather pay €100 and watch it alone than risk paying €20 and suffering through the inevitable few morons that will attend that.

It's a fantastic idea if you could be guaranteed a decent well behaved crowd however.

Sure you get the risk of dickheads at everything. You could even pay for flights, hotels and go to the fight, but end up beside some loud mouth morons.

The immersive aspect of it is what makes it tempting. Huge screen, darkness, volume and you're guaranteed a great view.

The screenings of Stop Making Sense in the Lighthouse are always class like that.

A few of us are considering the VIP seats option, don't think we'd go otherwise, too long a time to sitting squashed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Sure you get the risk of dickheads at everything. You could even pay for flights, hotels and go to the fight, but end up beside some loud mouth morons.

The immersive aspect of it is what makes it tempting. Huge screen, darkness, volume and you're guaranteed a great view.

The screenings of Stop Making Sense in the Lighthouse are always class like that.

A few of us are considering the VIP seats option, don't think we'd go otherwise, too long a time to sitting squashed up.

At the risk of being accused of stereotyping, For some reason I feel that the crowd attending a big screen Talking Heads show may differ slightly to that attending a Conor Mcgregor fight in a number or key ways: temperament, respect for their fellow viewers, and willingness to throw digs with minimal provocation :D

Risk (of idiocy, annoyingness of fellow viewers, and even the odd bit of drunken violence) outweighs the reward in this case for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    At the risk of being accused of stereotyping, For some reason I feel that the crowd attending a big screen Talking Heads show may differ slightly to that attending a Conor Mcgregor fight in a number or key ways: temperament, respect for their fellow viewers, and willingness to through digs with minimal provocation :D

Risk (of idiocy, annoyingness of fellow viewers, and even the odd bit of drunken violence) outweighs the reward in this case for me!

Agree with everything there. I've been to the lighthouse cinema for that Talking Heads screening and it's a great night. It would be a much different crowd at a fight screening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I did go to a quite a few UFC events in the cinema when I lived in the States, and it was absolutely epic. Such a great way to watch fights. Buuuuuut.... They were on at 7pm in San Diego. Can't imagine what guys would be like at that hour over here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement