Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ush1 wrote: »
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Looks like Mayweather is going to trade at 1/3 today, with him winning by stoppage as short as 3/4 in places - that'll probably soon be evens. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd see Mayweather via stoppage at Evens

He's 11/4 by TKO on William Hill.
    I imagine that's specifically TKO. A one punch KO would lose your bet...but in fairness it probably is more likely to be a TKO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

maximoose wrote: »
    I want to see him fight the winner of Khabib/Ferguson or Ferguson/Lee - still looks a bit up in the air which is going to happen.

This please, has been the fight the fans have wanted to see happen that feels like forever. Memory not so good but haven't they been scheduled to fight each other twice? Injury/weight issue put an end to them..

Styles make fights and for my money Conor bulldozes Ferguson. I still would have him as favourite vs Nurmey but it'd be a fascinating one.

Regardless, I highly doubt McGregor bothers his bollox fighting either of them at this stage. Most casuals barely know Ferguson, and Khabib is too unreliable.. Diaz 3 is the only one I can see appealing to Conor if he comes back - and that's a big if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

dont get this if he comes back thing
    he has clearly said he will be back and back soon
    hardly going to retire at 29!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Inviere

sc86 wrote: »
    dont get this if he comes back thing
    he has clearly said he will be back and back soon
    hardly going to retire at 29!

"Get in, get rich, get out"

Hard to imagine how he can top the dizzying heights he's reached, by returning to the UFC. He has always pushed the limits, raising the bar each and every fight, where does he go from here (here being a 9 figure pay day)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is the capacity a lot bigger in the T-Mobile than the MGM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Any way to get the fight legally without a Sky sub? Have an IPTV sub but don't want to rely on it. Seen articles saying to go here but shows nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I imagine that's specifically TKO. A one punch KO would lose your bet...but in fairness it probably is more likely to be a TKO

Yeah, I think Mayweather will work him to the body and Conor will be exhausted. Put 100 quid on it, returns 375. Hope I'm wrong and Conor wins though!:D

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is the capacity a lot bigger in the T-Mobile than the MGM?
    Much, much bigger. I couldn't believe how small the MGM Grand Garden Arena was. It wasn't much bigger than the point. The T-Mobile is a proper arena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mustn't think McGregor has a hope of beating him if this is how he intends to spend the week up to the fight...............

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/898415269676163072

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    "Get in, get rich, get out"

Hard to imagine how he can top the dizzying heights he's reached, by returning to the UFC. He has always pushed the limits, raising the bar each and every fight, where does he go from here (here being a 9 figure pay day)

I think he's got 2 or 3 more fights left in the UFC before hanging up his gloves. Obviously smaller pay days than the Mayweather fight but still big enough to be worth it. Presumably he'll have his hands full with all his other businesses after that. Maybe move upstairs to the UFC boardroom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think he's got 2 or 3 more fights left in the UFC before hanging up his gloves. Obviously smaller pay days than the Mayweather fight but still big enough to be worth it. Presumably he'll have his hands full with all his other businesses after that. Maybe move upstairs to the UDF boardroom. :)

Quite the career change, plumber, to MMA fighter, to boxer and now a part of a loyalist paramilitary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mustn't think McGregor has a hope of beating him if this is how he intends to spend the week up to the fight...............

https://twitter.com/FloydMayweather/status/898415269676163072

His version of partying is standing in a club (which he owns) with a fizzy water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I think he'll come back and defend his title, take boring Woodleys belt, smash nates head in back at 155 and adois amigos.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

So ticket sales that would sell out in seconds and break MayPac numbers still haven't sold out.

They could have sold them to hotels easily, and yet instead of doing that they've opted to reduce the prices.

The event will be a success and the gate of $60m (according to Ellarbe) is impressive but its just not the lofty heights they've expected themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor won't want Ferguson or Khabib you're saying? Why?

I'm going to guess it's an ill informed opinion as his first ever post on the MMA forum was 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Any way to get the fight legally without a Sky sub? Have an IPTV sub but don't want to rely on it. Seen articles saying to go here but shows nothing

You can download the sky box office app and buy it legally through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

Much, much bigger. I couldn't believe how small the MGM Grand Garden Arena was. It wasn't much bigger than the point. The T-Mobile is a proper arena

I know the gate for this will prob end up being bigger but isnt the May/Pac gate more impressive since it was a smaller arena?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭cletus

http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

This is for a different fight, but I'd imagine the process stands. I plan on watching it this way myself

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Artems next fight official. Going to be with with Filli from TAM, Poland 21 October.

Being in this camp with Conor and all the facilities and knowledge he's privy too can only help. Though less regimented than they'd like for a fight camp.

Wonder if Kavanagh is going to be too busy with book signings for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lukker- wrote: »
    Quite the career change, plumber, to MMA fighter, to boxer and now a part of a loyalist paramilitary!

Some typo that was. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Bit of an aside, but Floyd's social media presence is laughable. All that cash and the behemoth of Mayweather Promotions behind him and still they churn out some awful ****e. Amateur hour stuff for someone so obsessed with self-promotion and $$$.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Bit of an aside, but Floyd's social media presence is laughable. All that cash and the behemoth of Mayweather Promotions behind him and still they churn out some awful ****e. Amateur hour stuff for someone so obsessed with self-promotion and $$$.

Well he never claimed to be a grand intellectual. All Conor's mac life videos are just 2 minutes long if that and Roddy's blogs are focused on the lads on their holiers having the craic which to be honest I don't really care about.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Well he never claimed to be a grand intellectual. All Conor's mac life videos are just 2 minutes long if that and Roddy's blogs are focused on the lads on their holiers having the craic which to be honest I don't really care about.

Conor's stuff has been lacking but improving somewhat. The 202 'Manswork' vid was very decent, Christian Tierney's input is also very commendable. Unfair to lump in Roddy, who is just a coach with a cam giving some insight, really - their strength is in their fly-on-the-wall presence. Must say, haven't enjoyed this round of them as much as the previous camps though.

Conor certainly seems latched onto the idea that Floyd is being misadvised by his circle. Perhaps this aspect of his promotion, or lack thereof, is telling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think he was talking about the quality, not the content.
    The "poster" above looks like it was whipped up by a primary school kid being shown how to use MS Word.
    Comic Sans SMH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

cletus wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

This is for a different fight, but I'd imagine the process stands. I plan on watching it this way myself

Do you happen to know can you mirror it to a device? The reason i ask, i tried it from say sky go to apple tv and it didnt work, unless its changed (that was about a year ago). I googled it and they had it blocked from doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

mel123 wrote: »
    Do you happen to know can you mirror it to a device? The reason i ask, i tried it from say sky go to apple tv and it didnt work, unless its changed (that was about a year ago). I googled it and they had it blocked from doing so.

On apple no, Android yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

On apple no, Android yes

will dig out the chromcast so, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mel123 wrote: »

You cant mirror or cast it, but itll work with a HD cable running from laptop to smart tv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement