Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 4) *Updated Warning in 1st Post Re:Boxing match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

mel123 wrote: »
    will dig out the chromcast so, thanks!

no point, it cant be casted. Sky apps wont work while mirroring is on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭mel123

Im going to a 'viewing party' for it thats the only reason i ask. I was asked to bring my sky box, but im not convinced it will work, so wanted to have a couple of options sorted. Or i could stop being lazy, bring the sky box up to said house during the week, and try it first :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I see there is a nowtv addon for Kodi, could you use that and pay the 25 quid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The Nal wrote: »
    Conors next fight will be the winner of the Ferguson/Lee fight at UFC 216. Unless he plans on dropping the belt.

McGregor will want no part of Ferguson or Khabib if he ever gets the fight.

Conor is about to make the UFC anywhere from $40 to $65 million in a single night next week, he can literally tell Dana White he wants to fight Brad Pitt at a catchweight of 162lbs wearing wrap-around sunglasses with a tiger chained to one end of the Octagon and he'll be told 'great idea Conor let's do it'. The Nevada Athletic Commission will then rule on the request and say they'll conduct a scientific study into the performance of athletes who fight next to chained tigers and grant a one-fight-waiver. :pac:

That interim belt for Lee/Ferguson will mean absolutely diddly squat in terms of guaranteeing being next...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

sc86 wrote: »
    dont get this if he comes back thing
    he has clearly said he will be back and back soon
    hardly going to retire at 29!

If he reads half the ****e on here he may aswell retire .......my old grandmother would wipe the floor with him, and she's dead over 20 yrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Haha you need subtitles for Nate half the time.

His point about Paulie is gas, cuz that's exactly what McGregor did. Cut from the same cloth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ush1 wrote: »
    I see there is a nowtv addon for Kodi, could you use that and pay the 25 quid?

I have the same question but for the PS4 addon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

.ak wrote: »
    Haha you need subtitles for Nate half the time.

His point about Paulie is gas, cuz that's exactly what McGregor did. Cut from the same cloth.

And he said Conor's boxing is better than most MMA fighters, but needs work to bang with Floyd, which is fair.

I'd say Nate will **** himself with excitement in Conor wins. Diaz 3 would be a guaranteed goldmine for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Me needs more media god damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

I'm looking forward to the Floyd injury rumour coming up this next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I'm looking forward to a good team scuffle/handbags. Surely on the cards.

Edit: also Floyd Snr. Any and all Floyd Snr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

mel123 wrote: »
    Im going to a 'viewing party' for it thats the only reason i ask. I was asked to bring my sky box, but im not convinced it will work, so wanted to have a couple of options sorted. Or i could stop being lazy, bring the sky box up to said house during the week, and try it first :-)

Hey man just a word of warning. I think sky boxes need to be connected to the phone line of the address that you are billed to in order to order box office events. They use the phone line to tell the box that you paid for the event so it shows it.

At least this was the way it was a couple of years ago. Unless someone says for sure otherwise I wouldn't have the session depend on your sky box!

I think the safest solution is bog standard laptop connected to TV with HDMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭xtal191

We have Sky Q and its def not connected to any phone lines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

And he said Conor's boxing is better than most MMA fighters, but needs work to bang with Floyd, which is fair.

I'd say Nate will **** himself with excitement in Conor wins. Diaz 3 would be a guaranteed goldmine for him.

This is why i never believed the rumours of Diaz walking Floyd to the ring. Why would he support or even want Floyd to win? If Conor could somehow beat Floyd, Nate's stock rises. Massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Out of interest, how many of the above list do you think could beat Floyd next weekend? 47 before have failed, do you see anyone on that list that you would put money down to beat Floyd?

I'd make a few of them favorite over a 2 years retired 40 year old Floyd..

3 years ago he was in a very closely fought fight against Maidana..

Thurman and Spence I would go with...

Regarding Canelo and Floyd...

Conor has 0 chance against Canelo. He won't get past rd 1...

At least with Floyd he may be given more time to pull off the KO upset..very unlikely he gets it, but at least he has some time, as well as other things to consider. Bigger than Floyd, likely as physically strong as Floyd. Floyd's shots not near as damaging as Canelo's....

Stylistically Canelo decimates Conor in 1 rd..

Am I the only one seeing this? That an active prime heavy hitting strong as an ox Canelo is a certainty to KO Conor early...and that he'd be more a favorite to best Conor than the smaller and older and past his prime "lighter hitting" Mayweather?

Just before folks dive in two feet first..I am comparing chances here for Conor against both Floyd and Canelo. He has next to no chance against Floyd, and absolutely no chance against Canelo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Checking back on my bet for a Mayeather win inside 4 rounds. I got it at 11/2, It's now dropped to 7/2.

The money is going on Floyd to stop him, the favourite for round group is between 4-6

I don't think it will take that long personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

walshb wrote: »
    I'd make a few of them favorite over a 2 years retired 40 year old Floyd..

3 years ago he was in a very closely fought fight against Maidana..

Thurman and Spence I would go with...

Floyd easily shuts Thurman out. Horrible match up for Keith.

Spence on the other hand? Now thats a fight

The man who hit Floyd Mayeather hardest gives Conor McGregor no chance. 4 time world champion boxer at 3 different weight classes, Sugar Shane Mosley, gives his view on the big fight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The man who hit Floyd Mayeather hardest gives Conor McGregor no chance. 4 time world champion boxer at 3 different weight classes, Sugar Shane Mosley, gives his view on the big fight

Why does anyone watch that show?

Bayless is a joke and the other lad is as bad.

Neither of them have a clue what they are talking about in general never mind in terms of boxing or mma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

walshb wrote: »
    Regarding Canelo and Floyd...

Conor has 0 chance against Canelo. He won't get past rd 1...

You gave Conor 0 chance against any "decent club level boxer" in Ireland about a month ago, so I'm assuming this revelation means you also give Canelo a good chance to beat Irish club level boxers too? :)

Shocking. :rolleyes:

Can you imagine how it'll affect the likes of Sugar Shane or Oscar de la Hoya if Conor wins? It must on some level be heartbreaking to have devoted your entire life to something and for a "novice" to come in and accomplish something your own life's work couldn't get done...

I think we are all underestimating the amount of bitterness that would follow a Conor win in the boxing community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,581 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Checking back on my bet for a Mayeather win inside 4 rounds. I got it at 11/2, It's now dropped to 7/2.

The money is going on Floyd to stop him, the favourite for round group is between 4-6

I don't think it will take that long personally
    Inside 4 is availible at 5/1, slightly less than you got it, but better than 7/2.

Points is still the favourite. Then 1-6, marginally ahead of 7-12.
    As you go into 4/3/2 round groups they get longer.
    The longest group for Floyd, is 1-2 rounds.

Mellor wrote: »
    Inside 4 is availible at 5/1, slightly less than you got it, but better than 7/2.

Where are you looking? With PP it's 5/1 for rds 1 to 3, 7/2 for rds 1-4.

Where are you looking? With PP it's 5/1 for rds 1 to 3, 7/2 for rds 1-4.
    Easiest to just look on Oddschecker

PP have probably the worse prices on those markets.
    Rds 1 to 3 is between 6/1 and 7/1 with every other bookie. Best price 15/2

haha
    What a wind up merchant

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX8h5rDA__z/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Any word on Embedded going ahead next week? I can't believe it's only a week away now, holy ****.

I honestly don't know why anyone would not allow themselves to get excited about this event. Whether it turns out to be historic or a flop, the buzz around the final few days and fight night is going to be unreal.

• Advertisement

I'm changing the rules on this mismatch..

First step backwards and fighter loses! Tv off. Off to bed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement